2010 Ford Fusion engine problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 24 of 32)

Jun 032013

Fusion 6-cyl

I was pulling out of my work parking lot, going less than 10mph, and I lost all acceleration in my car. I was able to pull to the curb, put it in park, shut it off, then restart. It started hard, and immediately had the "wrench" icon on. Again, I had no acceleration. I decided to try one more time to try to drive it to the dealership I bought the car from (less than 15 miles from my work). It started once more, a little easier, but still not "right." The engine light was on, but I was able to pull out and start driving. I made it about 6-7 miles, and once again, I lost all acceleration in the middle of a busy intersection. I was able to putter out of the intersection at an extremely low speed. I once again put it in park, turned off the engine, and tried one more time to start my car. Once again, it started very hard, but it allowed me to drive. I drove the remaining 6-7 miles to the dealership while the engine light was on. The part, I was told, is on national backorder, and am without my vehicle for 2 weeks. My car has less than 57,000 miles on it and have only had it a little over 2 years. [bought December 2010, incident occurred June 2013]. I even purchased the extended warranty but this particular repair is conveniently not covered by it.

- Oak Creek, WI, USA

Jun 012012

Fusion 6-cyl

I purchased my car used on November 30, 2012 when the mileage was around 29,000. For the past several months I have noticed that my car would hesitate, but not completely stall, when going approx. 25, 35 and 45, and sometimes even when I first took off. I did not expect to experience any of the major problems that I have read about and was truly shocked once I had my first encounter. My first incident occurred on an interstate where I was going approx. 70. the car began shaking badly and I pulled over on the side of the road. The only thing I could compare it to was having a tire to blow out but much, much worse. I checked my tires and, then I started the car up and kept going to my destination. A few days later it occurred again on a rural road where I was going 55. I once again stopped and started it again and made it to my destination. This truly scared me to where my nerves were frazzled, and every time I drive now, I'm afraid it will happen again. I am in a rural area that is mountainous and where 18-wheelers constantly travel the interstates, which makes it that much more dangerous. There is definitely something seriously wrong with the 2010 Fusion. I just hope something is done before someone actually has an accident and gets killed.

- White Sulphur Springs, WV, USA

Jun 062013

Fusion 4-cyl

Engine throttle failure, appears to be a well known issue via basic internet research. Is Ford aware and supposed to have notified owners of this problem?

- Oakland Park, FL, USA

Jun 042013

Fusion 4-cyl

Traveling on expressway the car had no throttle. Pressing the gas pedal but no response. Engine started to miss fire. Wrench light came on. Pulled over, shut car off. Started up and ran ok. Pulled into an advance auto they scanned no codes. Next day on expressway again. Same thing happened. This time engine light came on. Taking back to dealer today.

- Sarver, PA, USA

Aug 162012

Fusion

Vehicle consistently stalls and has trouble restarting immediatetly after fueling. Problem is only immediately after fueling. Once vehicle starts, problem does not happen again until after fueling.

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Jun 012013

Fusion 4-cyl

I was driving down the road at 45 mph and the engine stalled. It was very dangerous but I did not get into an accident. I waited a few minutes and started the car back up and it worked fine for about two miles and did the same thing again. I found out through Ford that it was the throttle body and even the dealership admitted it was becoming a big problem. The part is back ordered for a month and it was not covered under warranty. Ford should admit the problem and recall the part before someone gets really hurt.

- Phenix City, AL, USA

May 302013

Fusion 6-cyl

Was driving my 2010 Ford Fusion to drop child off at school. Car started lunging forward and then wanting to die. Finally got it into a parking space after several restarts and dies. Towed to Ford dealer, said it was a mass air flow sensor. Cost $404.05. Two days later, died in very busy intersection. Towed again. Now it is the throttle body. Was told, like everyone else, that part is on national back order. 1200 just made and sent to packaging co. May or may not get one of the parts. This should be a recall issue. I could have been hurt very badly in this intersection and depending on where one is when this happens, they could end up getting hit hard enough that it may kill them.

- Independence, MO, USA

Jun 022013

Fusion

This has been a recurring problem for some time and on June 2nd it happened to me 9 times during a 20 mile trip. While traveling down the road, doesn't matter what speed/accelerating/decelerating, the wrench light will come on and I will lose all throttle control. I have to pull to the side of the road and when I do the vehicle shakes viciously. Turn the car off, then back on and it starts with a sluggish start. The vehicle will run for a little bit then repeat this cycle. The throttle body is the problem and it is on national backorder! this needs to be a recall immediately because I can easily see someone making a left turn loose the throttle and get hit by on oncoming vehicle.

- Rockford, MI, USA

May 232013

Fusion

I was driving down the interstate and my car started to slow down and I couldn't accelerate. Pulled over and restarted the car and it drove it home. The next day the same thing happened as I was pulled out of the driveway but cutting it off and back on no longer fixed the problem. It is currently at a Ford dealership the throttle body is having to be replaced. The part is on national backorder. So I definitely think this is a serious problem that should be recalled so everyone knows to have it fixed. And we shouldn't have to pay hundreds of dollars to have something fixed that was faulty to begin with.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Jun 012013

Fusion

After starting the vehicle and beginning to accelerate, at approximately 20 miles per hour the engine lost RPM, would not respond to acceleration attempts and caused the car to stall. An engine warning light came on. Repeated restarts of the engine met with low RPM and surging engine conditions which would not "settle down" before the engine stalled again. After leaving the engine off for about 30 minutes, I was finally able to successfully restart the vehicle and cautiously drive it to the local Ford dealership (for diagnostic testing and repair the next business day - tomorrow, June 3rd). This is the second occurrence of this problem which previously occurred on February 19, 2013. [see NHTSA ODI reference number 10500133].

- Wolcott, CT, USA

May 282013

Fusion

My wife was driving her 2010 Ford Fusion sel AWD at about 30 mph. The car suddenly lost acceleration and the yellow wrench appeared along with the check engine light. She turned the car off and restarted it. The symptoms disappeared and the car ran normally. However, within a few miles it happened again. I checked the dtc with my scanner and got both P2111 and P2112. Both are related to the throttle body. Ford is back ordered on this part and the car is not drive able without it. If the problem had happened at a higher rate of speed or in traffic, it would have been a dangerous situation.

- Carmel, IN, USA

May 112013

Fusion

While driving on the highway at approximately 65 mph, the car loss all power and the transmission began to vibrate excessively in a jerking motion with an illumination of the wrench symbol. The warning indicator remained illuminated until the engine was turned off. The failure occurred nine times at various speeds while trying to get home. The check engine light came on remained on once we arrived home. Car has been at Ford dealer for two weeks now waiting on a fuel body throttle which is apparently on back order nationwide. Why there is not a recall on this very dangerous mechanical issue is beyond me!

- Loveland, OH, USA

Apr 182013

Fusion

Date of incident or crash was 4/18/2013, not on April 18, 2012 as was previously stated...

- Louisville, KY, USA

May 152013

Fusion 6-cyl

While traveling at highway speed, the car suddenly lost throttle control and thus power to the drive train. This required me to coast to a stop along the shoulder of the interstate. After getting the vehicle to the Ford dealer for service, I was informed that the problem is with the "throttle body". they also indicated that there are so many Ford Fusion currently with this same problem that throttle body parts are on backorder for up to 2 months. And unfortunately the vehicle is unsafe to operate in its current state. I think this should warrant a recall, since it can (and did) result in unsafe event for the driver.

- Apex, NC, USA

Apr 182012

Fusion

My 2010 Ford Fusion has become a death trap.. the car will stall out without warning, whether on the highway or a street.. this started happening in August 2012. I just bought the car in June of 2012, and it ran fine until July 2012.. that's when I would be riding down the street and the car would stall and sputter, wrench light would come on and there would be no power to the car, no way to accelerate at all..after having it towed to the dealer.. they replaced the battery which wasn't bad and cleaned the mass airflow for $416.. this did not fix the problem..now the worst thing happened, my daughter was in a accident that caused over $6000 in damage and Ford refuses to recall these cars... they are very dangerous and the throttle body needs replacing according to my research.. parts are on back order, so that should be a reason for a recall before somebody gets killed!!! I have contacted Ford to get some justice on this issue.

- Louisville , KY, USA

May 282013

Fusion 4-cyl

At approximately 65 mph, the vehicle lost all forward power and engine began running rough. I had to pull into the grassy median of a major interstate with traffic all around and my wife and 2 year old daughter in the vehicle. After shutting off the engine for a few seconds, I was able to restart the vehicle and continue to the closest exit. After exiting the interstate, the vehicle experienced the same problem. I was again able to stop and restart the engine and continue to the local dealership where I was informed that this is a common problem with 2010 Fusion. The problem is so common that the part to repair the vehicle is on back order and it may be between 2 weeks and 2 months before the part will be available to repair my vehicle. This is approximately the fifth time that this type incident has occurred with this vehicle.

- Blacksburg, SC, USA

May 272013

Fusion

Vehicle suddenly stalls and there is no power. Wrench symbol appears. Are able to restart vehicle. Don't know when it's going to happen!!!! vehicle is always warmed up never happens when just starting out! was the throttle body....

- Lenox, MI, USA

Sep 232012

Fusion 6-cyl

First incident was September 23, 2012. Was driving at about 45 mph and my 2010 Ford Fusion lost power and the wrench light came on. Car would not accelerate when peddle was pushed and was shaking as I pulled over. I was able to pull over and get the car restarted and drive home. A few days later the car would not start and Ford dealership replaced the battery and said that most likely caused the vehicle to lose power. I took their word for it. May 27 2013, 8 months later the car is losing power again. Happened once on the 27th and 4 times on the 28th as I attempted to go to work and as I drove it to the dealer to diagnose. Car is at dealers now waiting for their diagnosis.

- Saxonburg, PA, USA

May 242013

Fusion 4-cyl

I was driving on Friday, May 24, 2013 on interstate 4 in orlando, Florida. I was driving about 55-60 mph and my 2010 Ford Fusion started to stall and sputter. This is an extremly busy interstate as it runs through downtown, orlando is the main route to walt disney world and tampa, fl. The wrench light came on and I somehow managed to pull off the side of the road through 4 lanes of traffic without causing an accident. I turned the car off and waited a minute and started it back up. I was able to drive away with no problems. This is the 4th time it has happened in the past few weeks. I had the exact same thing happen last year and had it repaired costing me around $800 which I did not have at the time. The car was fine and now here I am a year later with the exact problem, the car is out of warrenty and I cannot afford this again. Something needs to be done with this part before someone dies. I was lucky, thousands of cars traveling at a high rate of speed travel this interstate. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB against for to have the repairs completed again. They should issue a recall on this part so that others do not have to worry about this. I have found that for some reason it is inevitable to happen with this vehicle. I hope that someone somewhere can get this take care of.

- Winter Park, FL, USA

Oct 012012

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving 10 mph, the vehicle stalled and the wrench warning lamp illuminated. The contact mentioned that the failure occurred several times. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 45,000 and the current mileage was 55,000.

- Wimberley , TX, USA