2010 Ford Fusion engine problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 26 of 32)

Apr 302013

Fusion 4-cyl

Advisory mechanical wrench lit up on dash - loss all acceleration power. Had to coast off side of road and place transmission in park - and turn off low idle engine. This occurred 3 X's all similar this same day. Prior, had complained to auto dealership about 1st couple incidents (approx) 4 other times; they indicated they found no issue. I will have codes read 1st thing in the morning, by autozone looking for P2111 and P2112 - then take it to the dealership. This is very unsafe - and now I am worried to have my wife drive alone with this vehicle. Its our only car.

- Florissant, MO, USA

Apr 262013

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled without warning while driving at 65 mph. The wrench light illuminated after the failure occurred. The contact was able to coast to the shoulder. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where the failure could not be diagnosed but the dealer found transmission fluid had leaked at the driver front tire area and also stated that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The dealer replaced the transmission and the brake fluid but the failure was not corrected. The contact also wanted to state that the vehicle was taken to the dealer numerous times for unknown electrical failures. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was vehicle 57,000. Updated 08/27/13 the consumer stated while driving, the vehicle lost power to the wheels and the ability to steer became very difficult. The accelerator pedal became unresponsive. She was able to get to vehicle over to the side of the road, after she pulled over, the vehicle began to shake before she turned the engine off. Also, the wrench indicator light illuminated.

- Erie , PA, USA

Apr 122013

Fusion 4-cyl

I was driving down the road, when suddenly my car began to shake. I noticed the wrench light came on before the car came to a complete stop in the middle of the road. I then had my vehicle towed to the dealership to be evaluated. They said they couldn't find anything wrong, because the wrench light was out. I thought that was very strange because a car just doesn't stop and loose power for no reason. I took their word for it and continued to drive the vehicle. On April 19, 2013, I was driving to work when my car began to shake, this time the wrench light and the engine light came on before my vehicle came to an abrupt stop. Unlike the first incident, I was almost in a terrible accident. The cars behind me had to swerve to avoid hitting each other including the back of my car. I was furious because I felt the Ford service department put my life in danger by not looking into the problem from the first incident. I had my car towed a second time, this time they diagnosed the problem as a defected throttle body. They explained they cant diagnose a problem without a code, even though I told them about the wrench light and the power loss of my vehicle. I hope Ford take care of the throttle body issue before someone is seriously injured. My safety was in danger because of this malfunction.

- North Randall, OH, USA

Sep 152010

Fusion

My Fusion has multiple issues. The first being a stalling issue when sitting at a stop, when you press the accelerator the car just dies. It has done this to me multiple times the latest being with my wife who now refuses to drive the car. It doesn't post a code and starts right up; with no code the Ford says they cannot help. The second issue is terrible shifting and very slow response to throttle movements. The shift from 1st gear to 2nd has been very bad; Ford has flashed the computer multiple times which did nothing. Ford says without a code they are not able to help. This has been an issue with the car from day 1. third issue is when you are accelerating and have to hit the brakes, when you get back on the gas the car acts as if the motor was turned off. You have to push the accelerator to the floor to get it to respond. I have almost been hit multiple times due to this issue. Again no code so Ford says they cannot do anything.

- Ayer, MA, USA

Apr 072013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated while driving 60 mph, the vehicle stalled. After the vehicle sat for a considerable amount of time it was restarted and operated as designed. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnosis but no cause for failure was found. The manufacturer was notified but offered no assistance. The vehicle had not been repaired. The VIN was unavailable. The failure and current mileage was 43,000.

- Humboldt, TN, USA

Jun 222012

Fusion 4-cyl

Driving at 70 mph and car lost power.

- Bassfield, MS, USA

Apr 012010

Fusion

This problem has happened multiple times. When I hit the gas after slowing down, the vehicle will not move. I will have to jam down on the gas pedal before it does anything. At that point, the RPM's fly up and the car will finally start moving. It is inevitable that this will cause me to get into a car accident and even possibly killed one day. There have been several times where I have been just shy of getting slammed into by oncoming traffic as I turn in from of them cause my vehicle is not moving. Also there have been three instances in which the car will totally stop moving. The car is on, but it will not go. I will hit the gas and nothing happens. I have to shut the car completely off and then back on again in order to get it to move. I have complained to the dealership several times about problems with my vehicle and nothing ever gets done.this is extremely dangerous and I fear for my life cause of this problem that continues to go unheeded by the dealership.

- St. Clair Shores, MI, USA

Apr 052013

Fusion 4-cyl

I was driving the car on the highway, and the car engine died. I was in the middle lane and had to coast to the right shoulder in heavy traffic. I took my car to my mechanic since the car was no longer under warranty. He cleaned the injectors and throttle body. It appeared to fix the car. However, a few days later the car died again, but this time I was on a tollway in heavy traffic going 70 mph. I had to clear one lane of traffic to make it to the shoulder without power. I had to be towed immediately by the tollway authorities, because it is dangerous being stalled on the shoulder. My mechanic now tells me that the throttle body needs to be replaced. This is apparently a very common problem with this Ford.

- Missouri City , TX, USA

Sep 152012

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving approximately 70 mph, the vehicle decelerated independently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer twice for diagnosis of the failure. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 62,000.

- Battle Creek, MI, USA

Feb 212013

Fusion 6-cyl

The vehicle will at times appear to lose power and go into "limp home mode". a non-dealer diagnostic revealed a "P2111" error code for "throttle actuator control system - stuck open". this symptom has occurred multiple times at multiple rates of speed, resulting in dangerous conditions. The dealer has so far refused to replace what appears to be a defective part.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Mar 192013

Fusion

Two days ago my car stalled without warning, I lost all acceleration, and then the check engine light came on. I was able to safely pull to the side. I turned off the car and was able to start up after a few minutes. Today while on the interstate, in the middle lane, during rush hour traffic, my engine suddenly stalled again and the check engine light came on. Luckily again, I was able to put on my hazard lights and coast to the side of the highway. I am grateful traffic was moving slowly and it did not happen when I was traveling at a faster speed. The engine started back up after a few minutes. I will be taking it to the dealership in the morning.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Feb 282013

Fusion

Driving down the freeway at about 65 miles per hour when the car dies and starts a violent shake. Luckily there wasn't much traffic and I could pull off to the side of the road with my three kids, if it would have been busy there would have been an accident. I have read alot of complaints about this problem with the 2010 Ford Fusion is it going to take a couple deaths for them to recall this car for the problem. It has happen to me three times now once when I was going about 35. I think Ford needs to recall these vehicles and fix them before somebody gets killed if they haven't already.

- Murrieta, CA, USA

Mar 122013

Fusion 6-cyl

Driving and car sputtered and lost power. Wrench light came on. Pulled off onto shoulder. Turned car off. Restarted car and tried to drive again and same thing happened. Had car towed to the dealer and found that throttle motor was not responding. Dealer replaced throttle body and motor. Could have been very dangerous if happened on the highway at higher speeds.

- Silver Spring, MD, USA

Dec 202012

Fusion 4-cyl

Driving interstate hwy at 65 mph, vehicle lost power. Traveling in the middle lane, the vehicle slowed in rush hour traffic to 5mph. I said my prayers due to the heavy traffic, thought this was the end. Was able to coast to the shoulder and called for a tow truck. Dealer reported that the throttle body had failed. Failed part replaced and vehicle is working normally.

- Bulverde, TX, USA

Mar 092013

Fusion 6-cyl

Stopped for light started to go car started jerking and rough idle could only go about 2-4 mph was able to get to side of road turned off fro several min. Than restarted ran fine for about 8-10 miles than same. Got it dealer they replace throttle body.

- Minneapolis, MN, USA

Jan 162013

Fusion 6-cyl

Our 2010 Ford Fusion lost engine power while accelerating up a hill in morning rush hour traffic on a multi-lane super-highway in atlanta. Our car was in one of the left lanes and was able to limp across several lanes to the right shoulder with the assistance of a helpful truck driver. Cars were racing around us on both sides until we could flag down assistance. The experience was horrifying. The car was towed to the Ford dealer who diagnosed the problem as a stuck throttle cover. A repair was made under warranty, and we were told the car was safe to drive.

- Dunwoody, GA, USA

Mar 102013

Fusion 6-cyl

In moderate traffic on I385, traveling at 60 mph, without any warning signs there was a sudden "clunk" and the engine lost power. Weather was clear and sunny with an outside air temperature of 64 deg. F. pavement was dry. With my wife and two grandchildren in the car I had to cross two lanes of moderate traffic to safely get to the breakdown lane. Some cars around me had to make avoidance maneuvers. Not good! once I got stopped in the breakdown lane with the emergency flashers activated, I determined that the engine was still running with the RPM surging between approximately 700 and 1500 RPM. I was able to drive in the breakdown lane to an exit ramp at approximately 5 mph with the car jerking forward with the change in RPM. The "wrench" light was on but no "check engine" light. Once on the exit ramp I turned the engine off and attempted to re-start it. After a long cranking cycle the engine re-started and ran normally. There was no "wrench" or "check engine" light after the re-start. The car ran normally on the trip home (approx. 10 miles). The engine is a 3.0 liter, V-6 with "flex fuel" capability.

- Simpsonville, SC, USA

Feb 272013

Fusion 4-cyl

Traveling approximately 45 mph during rush hour traffic the 'wrench' light illuminated, the vehicle lost power and the engine began idling very rough. Fortunately I was able to get out of traffic and pull off to the side of the road. The engine was idling very rough ~900-1200 RPM and was unresponsive when I pushed the gas pedal (almost to the floor). Once stopped I turned the engine off, waited approximately thirty seconds and restarted the engine. The warning light was extinguished and the engine operated normally. I accelerated back to traffic speed and within five minutes experienced the exact same thing. I pulled over, turned off and back on the vehicle and again the light extinguished and the car ran normally. Two more times within a thirty minute period the vehicle experienced the same thing. En route to the Ford dealer the next day I had the same thing occur three additional times during the ten mile drive to the dealer. Each incident was identical. The dealer found no codes (since the light had cleared when I turned the car off and on) and hooked up an incident recorder. I experienced the same shut down three additional times and captured them on the recorder - upon return to the dealer the next day they still did not have any codes to investigate (?) the dealer 'thought' they knew what the problem was (even though they "hadn't seen anything like this before") and replaced the throttle body. Since replacement I have not had any additional mishaps. I'm glad I did not cause an accident due to the sudden loss of power but, as I explained to the dealer, I felt that the vehicle was unsafe to drive. I hope they fix this issue asap - there needs to be a recall and soon!

- Akron, OH, USA

Nov 152012

Fusion 6-cyl

Driver was going 35-40 mph and suddenly experienced a severe loss of power as if the car transmission was put in neutral.was a scary experience!! had to put on emergency flashers to keep from getting hit from behind.car was driving very slow and then after a period of time, full power came back on.

- Pikesville, MD, USA

Sep 112012

Fusion

Read in paper that you were looking at Ford throttle body. I was in fast lane on I-66 on a Friday afternoon. Suddenly car stopped. I was lucky there was room on left apron to pull off. Car restarted when I tried--went 1000 feet and stopped again; now in right lane and pulled off. Knew there was an off ramp 1/4 mile ahead and limped on apron with cars passing. The entire situation was very dangerous in my estimation. When restarting, it was hard to tell if auto was running or not. When restarting auto backfired etc. Prior to this incident had reported to Ford dealer that transmission sometime "clunked" when I put auto in reverse in the morning. They found no problem. Have not had this problem since I paid to have the throttle body replaced.

- Moneta, VA, USA