2010 Ford Fusion engine problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 29 of 32)

Oct 022012

Fusion 6-cyl

While driving my 2010 3.0 Ford Fusion on secondary roads, the car suddenly lost power. After 5 minutes, it could be restarted and driven but after approximately 30 seconds, it would lose power again and coast to a stop. It stranded my wife and daughter until towed to a dealer. The dealer diagnosed a bad throttle body, and charged approximately $700 to replace the part and perform a recommended fuel system cleaning. Repeated email to Ford customer service resulted in a denial of responsibility because they were under no warranty or recall obligation. I spoke with a service writer who told me that this problem appeared to be consistent for Fusion.

- Warren, MI, USA

Oct 042012

Fusion 4-cyl

At 11:45 pm, I was traveling West on I-64, at 68 mph, when my car quickly decelerated. Despite my applying more gas, my car continued to lose power rapidly and began shuddering. It was then that the "wrench" warning light came on. I immediately pulled over to the side of the road, turned my vehicle off and put my hazard lights on. I waited for a 5 minutes before starting the car again. The car started roughly but did not have any power and could/would not accelerate. It was at this time that both the wrench and engine warning lights came on. Again I turned off the car and waited. After another 10-15 minutes, I turned the car on again. This time it started without incident. The wrench warning light did not come back on but the engine light remained on. I kept my hazard lights on and remained in the breakdown lane while I drove approximately 5 miles to the closest exit off the interstate where I promptly parked my car.

- Sandy Hook, VA, USA

Sep 252012

Fusion 4-cyl

I pulled out of my works parking lot and got 50 ft. Car began to slow down, shake/ vibrate violently, and emergency wrench lite lit up. While driving and while in park, it shook. I went to pull off to the side of the rode safely. Thank good ness I was on a downhill and could coast to a side road (but still not safe where I was). Once I was pulled off major road, I put the car in park. I turned the car off and was too afraid to do anything else. I called for a tow. 24 hours later, I was told my car's computer code said it had a bad throttle body. It was replaced with a brand new, revised throttle body - under warranty which ends in 37 days. It happens to many Ford Fusion. It's time for Ford to own up and send out the recall notices before someone gets hurt/killed.

- Hamilton, NJ, USA

Sep 192012

Fusion

I was driving my 2010 Fusion down the highway when the car began to lose power and the check engine light came on. The RPM's increased when I pressed the gas pedal, but the car continued to slow down. Luckily, I was able to pull over to the shoulder. After shutting the car off and waiting a minute, I was able to restart and continue with no issues. It happened again 2 days later. After running a google search, I found that there are plenty of other Fusion owners with the same issue. I hope Ford is able to rectify this issue before someone gets hurt.

- Alpharetta, GA, USA

Sep 162012

Fusion 6-cyl

The car basically stalled without turning off. The "wrench" light turned on and the car lost all power and the accelerator was unresponsive. The car would only go 2 mph. Once stopped and placed in park, the car idled very rough. Then turned off the car. When re-starting the car it started poorly, but once started the wrench light was off. The car then drove normally. This happened 3X that day. I am lucky I did not get into an accident when I lost all power and had to pull over. Ford will not fix it citing they cannot see the code. I am afraid to drive this car for fear of an accident.

- Schenectady, NY, USA

Sep 082012

Fusion 4-cyl

We were traveling on busy I-80 at approximately 70 M.P.H. due to busy vehicular traffic on the interstate hi-way, I was not using the cruise-control. When we experienced the incident, I had pressed on the gas pedal to maintain speed on an uphill section. On the uphill section, I noticed the vehicle did not accelerate and the instrument panel warning lights started flashing. Even with heavy traffic, I was able to negotiate maneuvering the vehicle to the shoulder. As I was coasting on the shoulder, I shifted the transmission to neutral and tried to start the engine (ev system did not respond either) with no avail. After coming to a complete stop, I shifted the transmission to park, turned-off the climate control system and the and radio. I removed the ignition key and re-installed it and proceeded to start the vehicle, the propulsion system (ev mode) responded. We accelerated on the shoulder in ev mode and we reached speed the gas engine responded and we were back on I-80 and traveling with the traffic flow. This is first time this has occurred with us but researching this phenoma, this event has happened with other Ford Fusion hybrid owners. We are concerned the propulsion system may shut-down in an unsafe environment and create a dangerous situation!

- Des Moines, IA, USA

Sep 102012

Fusion 4-cyl

Was driving in morning traffic on the highway and the car lurched and stalled. Car was dead and accelerator would not work. I was able to coast to the shoulder.

- Cypress, TX, USA

Jul 192012

Fusion

While driving down the road, my engine lost power. Rpms went down, and the accelerator was not responsive. I pulled the car to the side of the road, and put it in park. The engine idled very roughly. I shut off the car, waited 5 seconds and attempted to restart. The engine did restart after some effort by the starter. I drove down the road, and the car behaved normally. This seemingly isolated incident increased in frequency in the following weeks. Sometimes up to 5 times a day. I took my car to an authorized Ford dealer, and the problem was diagnosed as a faulty throttle body. Cost of replacement is $355. I researched the problem online and noticed that the problem seems to be fairly common among 2010 Ford Fusion owners. The online complaints about Fusion throttle body problems were exactly the same as the symptoms I experienced. The danger lies in the fact that the car basically stalls without warning and must be restarted before normal driving can resume. I have experienced this problem at both highway and city speeds. A stalled engine in the wrong place at the wrong time (middle of an intersection, freeway, while passing, etc.) could have disastrous effects.

- North Manchester, IN, USA

Sep 012012

Fusion 4-cyl

While driving my car on the expressway the wrench light turned on followed by the check engine light. The car started reducing speed even though I was pressing the gas. I pulled over to the side and the car started shaking. I had an obd II machine in my car at the time and ran a diagnostic. Check engine code P2111 came up. After researching the code it says it has to do with the throttle body. I also noticed that there are so many discussion forums out there with people who are having the same issue.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jul 052012

Fusion

Whle driving my 2010 Ford Fusion, the car will just stall and cut off while driving with no warning, the engine light and the wrench light comes on, I will turn off the car, wait a few minutes and it will restart, this happens consistantly sometimes as much as 4 times a day, this is definitiely a safety issue because one time when the car stalled, I was almost hit from behind.

- Westland, MI, USA

Aug 292012

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion hybrid. The contact stated while driving 20 mph the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to maneuver to the shoulder in order to restart the vehicle. The dealer was contacted who advised the contact to bring the vehicle in to run a diagnostic test. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. In addition, the contact stated that vehicle would not move when it was shifted in drive or reverse. The failure mileage was 46,000.

- Spanaway, WA, USA

Aug 142012

Fusion 4-cyl

I was driving down the highway when I noticed that I could no longer accelerate. I coasted to a stop, the car shaking as it came to a stop. I placed the car in park, turned the car off, and restarted. It started up fine, and then it happened again about 10 minutes later. After a mechanic was unable to duplicate the problem, I thought it was perhaps "bad gas" and moved on. Two weeks later, it happened twice, once stopping me in the middle of a busy intersection (because this time I wasn't going 60mph this time). The diagnosis from Ford: A faulty throttle body sensor. The car is barely three years old, it has a significant defect (not caused by wear-and-tear or user-error), but it is not covered under their warranty. The mechanic at Ford says that they see a lot of these situations. They are grossly negligent in not warning families and offering to fix their mistakes by replacing the bad throttle body components.

- Land O Lakes, FL, USA

Jul 012012

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving 30 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. The failure recurred frequently. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for inspection or repairs. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The current mileage was 59,000. The failure mileage was 55,000.

- Lapeer, MI, USA

Apr 172012

Fusion 4-cyl

While driving engine cut out causing the car to stall in traffic. I brought the car to the Ford dealership and it was diagnosed as a faulty fuel injector #2. same issue happened approximately 5000 miles later then again 10000 miles later. Each time the vehicle was brought to a Ford dealership.

- Toccoa, GA, USA

Aug 112012

Fusion 6-cyl

Driving down the road at 45mph and the car starts vibrating. All of a sudden I lose acceleration while my foot is still on the gas. Luckily I was able to pull over before the car lost momentum and stalled out. The wrench light was on. Had no warning at all. I shut the car off, waited about 2-3 minutes and tried to start it again. It turned over but after it struggled to. The wrench light then went off. This has happened four more times! each with no warning! I have looked on a number of sited that have the same complaint about this. There are hundreds of near crash cases and all with no warning. I love how this website says "your complaint information will be entered into NHTSA-ODI's vehicle owner's complaint database and used with other complaints to determine if a safety-related defect trend exists" after numerous complaints and an obvious faulty part you still haven't seen a trend" are you kidding me"! today I just missed getting into an accident as the car decided to lose acceleration again as I was pulling out to make a turn across 4 lanes. The lanes were clear to go but oncoming traffic was coming. I was lucky that the person saw my flashers and had the room to move over and get out of the way. Apparently Ford wants a lawsuit on their hands because as soon as someone gets into an accident(if they have not already) you better bet they'll go after Ford. Especially since it is apparent that Ford has been made aware of this problem and still will not take responsibility for the fact something is wrong. You better believe that if I get hit because there product was not recalled because of a faulty part I'll be front and center with my lawyer and a news crew.

- Glendale , AZ, USA

Aug 032012

Fusion

I was driving my wife and newborn child home from the hospital when my car lost all acceleration. It was an unsafe situation and I responded by pulling my vehicle into the breakdown lane. I shut off the engine and started the vehicle and continued to drive. The vehicle lost acceleration 2 more times on my way home. The wrench icon came on when the incidents occurred. I believe it is the throttle body. This is a major safety issue Ford must address. There is no indication that the vehicle is about to lose all acceleration.

- Rehoboth, MA, USA

Aug 032012

Fusion 4-cyl

Moving along at 40mph when car suddenly jerks and loses power. Orange wrench light comes on but my car stalled out in traffic. Turned key off and back on-car started and light was off. A minute down the road and car did same thing again. This continues to happen 5 days later. Very dangerous because car loses throttle power completely. I do not dare go down interstate with this problem.

- Mount Juliet, TN, USA

Jul 262011

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled several times without warning while driving at various speeds. The wrench warning light illuminated after the failure occurred. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and a diagnostic was performed but the technicians were unable to generate a failure code. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 18,000 and the current mileage 21,000.

- Kingston , TN, USA

Aug 042012

Fusion

Driving on highway the accelerator stopped working. Pulled the car off the road avoiding accident. Turned car off. Turned car back on working normally. 1 mile later same problem occurred. This happened 12 times in 12 mile stretch. Throttle body is bad. This is common problem and needs to be recalled.

- South Point, OH, USA

Jul 302012

Fusion

Was driving home from work and the wrench light came on and the motor cut off on me, I was lucky because I had just got off of the interstate, I managed to be able to pull on the shoulder of the road set there for a few minutes and started the car. It started and the light went off and was able to drive home. Took vehicle to Ford dealer and they checked and said they couldn't find any fault codes. They told me it was the throttle bottle and I had it replaced, haven't drove it yet to see if that took care of the problem. I got on the internet and found that other people were having the same problem. I think this is a safety problem and some on could get injured or worst.

- Luray, VA, USA