2010 Ford Fusion engine problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 9 of 32)

Jun 142013

Fusion 4-cyl

This is a complaint for an issue that has an existing preliminary evaluation - NHTSA PE13003. I purchased a 2010 Ford Fusion sel in July 2010. It was purchased new. In may of 2013, while driving on city streets with my 3 year old daughter, my vehicle appeared to stall as I was turning at a traffic light. While the vehicle was still powered, my ability to control the vehicle or accelerate to speeds over 5 mph was instantly removed. I was able to limp to the side of the road and restart the car, which drove normally until the next day when I was driving across town to meet the person providing me a ride to and from the Ford dealership. Over the course of an hour, my vehicle exhibited the same symptoms 4 separate times while trying to get to a Ford dealership. The dealership reported to me the next ay that I would have to have the throttle body replaced, at a cost of $486. None of the cost would be covered under warranty, and that I would be advised to have the work done immediately as the necessary replacement part was in shortage nationwide, and the dealership only had 1 on hand. I had the part replaced, and the vehicle has functioned normally since.

- Sugar Hill, GA, USA

Nov 022013

Fusion

Vehicle just stopped, couldn't accelerate, loss of power, couldn't get any speed.

- Shelby Township, MI, USA

Nov 032013

Fusion 4-cyl

I was driving my fairly new and well taken care of Ford Fusion up a hill with my fiance' and 1 month old baby coming home. The car all of a sudden stalled and cause cars to almost crash into me. I had to hurry pull over and push the car out of traffic. Thank god I was not making a turn through traffic or else a tragedies could have happened. I traded my other Ford for this new one thinking it was safer choice. The engine tool came on then went off as I shut the car off. Today I was driving again on 11/4/13 and I was going through the green light and boom car stalled again!! this time traffic rushing to me on the side where they can't see my hazards on. Again with my baby in the car!!! I had to run out to stop traffic. Please NHTSA have Ford fix this asap or many people may be at risk of serious injury or death!!! they are putting babies at risk too!!!

- Sanford , FL, USA

Sep 252013

Fusion 4-cyl

The throttle body on my 2010 Ford Fusion SE failed. My car lost power and stalled out four times while driving in traffic. I have replaced the part and would certainly like to see Ford recall this part.

- Auburn, NY, USA

Oct 292013

Fusion

Accelerating from a complete stop at a stop light and the car started to shake violently and the wrench light came on, no acceleration occurred. Turned the car off and on again and everything was fine except for the occasional jerky acceleration now. Identified as probably the throttle body.

- St. Charles, MO, USA

Jun 212010

Fusion 6-cyl

On a highway I started from a stop and my 2010 Ford Fusion moved forward and then dropped into idle with no response to the accelerator and I was forced to pull drift off the highway into the nearest parking lot. I called the dealer and moved slowly to the dealer for an assessed faulty original electronic throttle assembly requiring replacement for $629 with a backlog of 9000 of those parts in the Ford supply system.

- Cumming, GA, USA

Oct 262013

Fusion 10-cyl

While traveling on the interstate at 70 miles per hour the car suddenly lost power. The wrench icon illuminated and the transmission felt as if it had disengaged from the engine. There was no throttle response. I was able to pull over to the side of the road without incident. I shut off the ignition. After about 3 minutes I restarted the engine. The wrench icon disappeared. The engine and transmission performed normally after that.

- Solana Beach, CA, USA

Oct 182013

Fusion 4-cyl

Was driving through a subdivision when car started to jerk and stall out. Was able to pull to the side, restart vehicle and return to the road. This has since happened 3 times within the past week, once upon a 4 lane boulevard. I believe Ford Motor Co. Is aware of this issue yet has done nothing to recall and repair the part. I do not feel safe in this car as no warning is given that it is going to die. It just dies and lord help you! I plan to have it towed to the dealership tomorrow and trade it in on a Chrysler product.

- Washington, MI, USA

Oct 132013

Fusion

My 2010 Ford Fusion *just* turned 30K miles;the basic warranty ended 7/31/13. On 10/13 driving 60 mph on I-95 in the middle lane in heavy traffic the car suddenly stalled-no engine power/response when I pressed on the accelerator. A wrench light was lit on my dash. With no engine power to quickly pull over, I was afraid of being hit & barely coasted over 3 lanes to the breakdown lane. I came to a complete stop & it started bucking.I realized the car had not stalled--it had lost engine power. I put it in park, turned the ignition off & on to start the car. It started fine, idled fine, no wrench light lit; I eased my way back into traffic. Almost immediately the same thing happened: The car seemed to stall-lost all ability to accelerate.the wrench light was lit; this time the engine light was lit.fortunately, I was in the right-hand lane & could coast into the breakdown lane; the car started bucking again. I again put the car in park, turned the ignition completely off & on again to start the car. Again, the car seemed to run fine, the wrench light went out, & the engine light stayed lit. I gingerly reentered traffic & drove home slowly in the right-hand lane.my mechanic retrieved a service code of P2111 which is the throttle body assembly. I researched-this is known problem, there have been many complaints, there is a tsb, & there has been communication between NHTSA & Ford Motor Company. I called my dealer, explained, gave them the code, told them what I found & that it should fall under the emissions defect warranty (it is technically an emissions defect), it is a known issue and since my car was barely out of the bumper-to-bumper warranty & only has 30,000 miles on it, it was a goodwill matter.fearful of breaking down again I had the car towed ~30 miles to the dealer.they said it was the throttle body assembly & it was not covered by warranty. The repair cost would be $420.58!!

- Barrington, RI, USA

Oct 252013

Fusion

When accelerating the cars engine suddenly stalls. Had to stop, and turn off the car completely, and re-start.

- Holt, MI, USA

Oct 232013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving 40 mph, the vehicle began jerking and stalled. The check engine warning light was also illuminated. The contact pulled over and shifted into park, and the vehicle began shaking while in park. The contact was able to restart the vehicle and the stalling failure ceased. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer, who stated that the throttle body was defective and needed to be replaced. The contact did not have any repairs performed on the vehicle. The failure mileage was 93,677. Returned by usps on 11-15-2013. Second attempt on 11-20-2013 failed.

- Lavonia , GA, USA

Oct 022013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving approximately 65 mph, the check engine warning light illuminated and the vehicle would not accelerate. The vehicle was towed to the dealer for diagnosis. The technician stated that the throttle body and motor assembly would need to be replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 56,000.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Aug 052013

Fusion

I was driving car three different time when the transmission shifts strangely and loses power then idles erratically and cannot accelerate, car displays error code on dash. I turn off car and restart and code goes away and runs good.

- Monrovia, IN, USA

Oct 232013

Fusion 4-cyl

Tried to start vehicle after filling up on gas, already had about 1/4 tank prior to fill up, recently driving for several miles (car is warmed up fully) and it immediately stalled. This had never happened to me, and it occurred to me that just before the gas fill up I noticed somewhat rough engine response in a very short drive from across the street. I've read that there are issue with throttle body faults on Fusion and escape that do not log under normal odb 2 codes after turning engine off. I never saw the check engine light come on.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Fusion 4-cyl

Driving 75mph on highway vehicle suddenly without warning or signals stalls. The vehicle dropped the speed from 75mph to 10mph as I continuously was trying to accelerate the speed but was unsuccessful. The code of P211 throttle body is defective & thank god no vehicle was behind me cause it could of caused a tremendous crash accident.

- Alice, TX, USA

Oct 182013

Fusion

I was driving on a main road and after accelerating through a light, my car stopped accelerating and my "wrench" light came on. I could no longer accelerate and the car began jumping back and forth as if it were trying to switch gears. Luckily I wasn't on a major highway. I shut the car off and turned it back on and the light went away briefly. After pulling onto a side road it happened again and when I put it in park, my RPM gauge began fluctuating and I was not pressing the gas pedal.it also began hard shifting and it seemed as though the transmission was going to drop. Not sure if this is a computer issue, but it is clearly not safe. It stalled several more times on the way home. It's definitely not safe to drive and thankfully I was not on a major highway where lives could have been at risk. I researched this weekend and clearly other people have had the same issue. I can't believe this isn't a recall. Hopefully Ford takes care of this before someone gets seriously hurt.

- Everett , MA, USA

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled without warning while driving 70 mph. The contact coasted onto the shoulder, restarted the engine and resumed normal function however, the failure became recurring. The vehicle was towed to the contact's home and was neither diagnosed nor repaired. The failure and current mileage was 92,063.

- Millington, TN, USA

Oct 142013

Fusion 4-cyl

I was driving on the highway and the car loss power to accelerate. I pulled the car to the side of the highway and turned the vehicle off and restarted the vehicle. I returned back on the highway and the car once again loss power and was stuttering and would not accelerate the engine. I pulled the car off the highway again and turned the car off and restarted the car once again but this time the check engine light stayed on. I took the car to the dealership and they replaced the throttle body.

- Ofallon, MO, USA

Oct 092013

Fusion 6-cyl

While driving vehicle the speed became to rapidly decrease while the check engine light came on and the car begin shake and sputter. Tried driving again and realized that I was fine as long as I did not go over 40mph. Had to have me car towed home because of the distance between my job and home. Called around, had the code read on the car and it was a "P2112" error code which pointed to the throttle body failure. Contacted Ford and was told that although this is a known issue, I would have to pay for my own part-labor. Paying $445 on tomorrow to have the car repaired. I just purchased the car in January 2013, and me paying for repairs on tomorrow means that I cannot pay my car note. This is horrible since the representative at Ford customer assistance stated that this is a known issue. I've seen multiple posts online regarding the same thing. This is also a safety hazard, had I been going faster on the interstate (I had not made it on yet when the issue first started) myself or someone else could've been seriously injured or killed because of the sudden stop.

- Norfolk, VA, USA

Fusion 4-cyl

Driving down interstate and lost all throttle response. Fortunately was able to pull over to the side and turn car off. Re-started and was able to make it home. P2111 error code; sounds exactly the same as hundreds of other complaints about these models. Mechanics all say the same thing, faulty throttle body and needs replacement. Someone needs to step in at some point and force Ford to issue a recall.

- Bradenton, FL, USA