2010 Ford Fusion engine problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 2 of 38)

Oct 082015

Fusion

While driving, the car will suddenly lose all acceleration and the maintenance wrench light will come on. This has happened while accelerating from a stop, and while going 60 mph down the highway. The only way to reset it is to restart the car. If the car is not restarted, it will shake vigorously as if it is going to stall on its own. Once restarted, acceleration is restored to normal until it does the same thing again.

- North Aurora, IL, USA

Oct 122015

Fusion

I was affected by the throttle body thing. I got it fixed at jim click Ford in tucson. I've been experiencing heavy acceleration and throttle response problems since. I had my trams fluid leak from the cap. No leaks in any of my hoses. My rpms stay between 1700-2700 regardless of what speed I'm going. I took it back to jim click, even tho showing no errors. And it's always whining, my engine. I don't know what's causing this, but I definitely take care of my car. And Fusion been having a lot of problems. And people tell my my car makes really loud noise when turning. I've never heard it or felt it, but I've been told by multiple people.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Oct 072015

Fusion

I was driving my car, and with no warning the orange wrench appears and loss of acceleration occurs. Had to pull over and restart the car. This happened 3 times today and could have potentially caused an accident each time. There is apparently a throttle recall, but does not include my 2010 Ford Fusion. Not sure what I need to do.

- Ballwin, MO, USA

Aug 192015

Fusion

While driving down the freeway at approx 70mph in heavy traffic, the vehicle made a slight jerk, and lost propulsion. I had to cross several lanes of traffic off to the edge of the road. There was no response to pressing on the gas pedal. Once stopped and in park, the engine idled very roughly, shaking the entire car. I turned off the engine, waited about a minute, and re-started the car. It had to crank for a few seconds before turning over and starting. It then drove fine for about another 10 miles before quitting again. I again stopped, then restarted the car, and limped it home on side roads, off the freeway. It did not drive smoothly, but made it the other 15 miles home without quitting again. I took the car to an independent mechanic, who researched and found a known problem with the throttle body, causing these exact symptoms, and has referred me to a Ford garage for an in-warranty repair. The appointment for that is tomorrow.

- Bangor, MI, USA

May 012015

Fusion

I believe this car is also affected by the electronic throttle body issues plaguing Ford. I was driving the vehicle when it suddenly loses power and the "wrench" light appears. The vehicle lost speed and did not respond to the gas pedal. I was able to pull over and restart the vehicle with temporary resolution of the problem. This has been a gradually worsening problem.

- Ypsilanti, MI, USA

Aug 262015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. While driving 45 mph, the vehicle lost power, jerked, and hesitated before accelerating. In addition, the vehicle stalled. The contact was not able to restart the vehicle. The service vehicle soon and security lock warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the battery needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was towed to a dealer who diagnosed that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 65,801.

- Northville, MI, USA

Sep 012015

Fusion

While driving the instrument panel lights up with an organge wrench and check engine light. I am unable to accelerate and need to get off the road as quickly as possible.when I press on the gas pedal nothing happens. It sounds and appears like the car is about to stall.this has happened at least 8 times in the last week.I had the car towed to my mechanic who told me it is the trottle body and that a Ford dealer would fix it. I dropped it off only to pick it up 2 days later and they told me nothing was found. Since it didnt occur while they were driving it they would not replace the part. I have no other option but to continue to drive the car as I am a single mother with no other means for transporation and the mechanics at the Ford dealership told me it was "safe." The car engine stops responding at high speeds.. how is that safe?! updated 9/21/15

- Moodus, CT, USA

Oct 302014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. When the vehicle was parked and idling, it shook violently and the entire instrument panel illuminated. The contact shut off and restarted the vehicle. When the vehicle was started, it failed to accelerate over 10 mph. The contact shut off the vehicle and was able to restart the engine. The contact also mentioned that excessive force was required on the accelerator pedal in order to accelerate. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who diagnosed that the throttle body failed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 155,000.

- Dearborn Heights, MI, USA

May 052015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. While driving approximately 70 mph, the accelerator pedal suddenly failed to respond and decelerated to a speed lower than 20 mph with no warning. The contact had to coast the vehicle over to the side of the road and restarted the vehicle to reset the computer each time the failure recurred. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not available.

- West Lafayette , OH, USA

Jun 052015

Fusion

Driving on the freeway, wrench indicator came on and my car started loosing speed. Pulled over to the side turned off the car and waited about a minute. Turned it back on and everything was working fine and wrench icon was gone. This happened twice in the last 4 days.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Apr 182015

Fusion

I was driving for about an hour down the freeway in cruise control. The car jerked slightly and went limp, decelerating while maintaining a rough idle around 1000 RPM's. the gas pedal was non-responsive while idling and I was able to coast off to the side of the road where there was no throttle response. The wrench light was on the dash. I turned the car off and tried to start it again, it started fine and I was able to drive it the rest of the way home without further incident. I have been afraid to drive anymore on the freeway since or any serious length knowing there is a serious issue with the vehicle. This is a terrible feeling knowing I have a fairly new car that I cannot trust to drive safely in. I have read others stories about this problem and seriously hope the vehicle's issues do not cause me to be involved in any accident on the freeway at high speeds. There is obviously an issue with a serious flaw and needs to be addressed.

- Germantown, WI, USA

May 212015

Fusion

The contact owned a 2010 Ford Fusion. While at a complete stop, the vehicle accelerated without warning and caused the contact to crash into a flag pole. A police report was not filed and no injuries were reported. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 30,000.

- Yonkers New York, NY, USA

May 162015

Fusion

I tapped the gas after I stopped at a stop sign & the car revved really high but didn't go anywhere. Then the 2nd time I was on the highway the car revved really high again & again went really slow, like something wasn't catching. I'm glad the highway was empty because I could've caused an accident

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

May 182015

Fusion

Driving down the high way and my car lost all accelerating capability and almost caused a serious accident. My car was previously taken in three months ago because it was stalling but I was told by Ford without any check engine light they couldn't do anything. I even did some online research before I went to Ford and suggested the throttle body position sensor and they said it wouldn't cause my car to do that.

- Broomfield , CO, USA

May 062015

Fusion

Car had sudden deceleration, loss of power, waited about 30 seconds and tried to restart. Car restarted and parked due to safety concerns. Did some research to find that nhtsb is failing to issue recall but Ford has voluntarily agreed to fix and extend warranty. The dealer is playing dumb about it being throttle body issue even though it is supposed to be fixed free under Ford csp# 13N03 and had the exact symptoms as described. This item should be recalled as it is a serious safety hazard on the vehicle.

- Killingly, CT, USA

Apr 202015

Fusion 4-cyl

On 04/13/2015 I experienced rapid deceleration while driving home form work on the highway and the wrench light came on the dash. I called the dealership and made an appointment to have the problem looked at on 04/15/2015. While driving home from work on 04/16/2015 the problem happened again so I called the dealership and made another appointment on 04/17/2015. After about an hour they couldn't find any error codes and failed to replicate the issue. They told me to drive the car and hope it doesn't happen again. Since then the problem has occurred on the following dates: 04/18,4/19,4/21. I ordered the part myself and will do the repairs myself since I can't wait until a complete failure happens. That would increase the chances of causing a serious accident.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Mar 292015

Fusion 6-cyl

Upon accelerating from a full stop at a red light the car entered "limp" mode (would not accelerate, but I could still steer and the engine was still on) and the wrench light appeared on the dash. I already had the dealership perform the throttle fix of the 2014 recall on various Ford models of 2009-2012.

- Ladera Ranch, CA, USA

Mar 122015

Fusion 4-cyl

Driving the car home from the dealership cruising down the highway and suddenly the car just would not accelerate any more. Scary feeling when your cruising at 55 and suddenly the car would not stay at highway speed. It would still idle but it idled roughly. You could push down on the pedal but it would do nothing. It just lost all power so I had to quickly pull onto the shoulder of the road. Good thing no one was following me to close. I called the dealer and they sent out a tow truck. I had to get a ride home and the car went back to the dealer for repairs. Turns out that the throttle body sensor quit working.

- Cecil, WI, USA

Jan 152013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving at a high speed, the vehicle jerked and lost power as the service vehicle soon warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician diagnosed that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. However, the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer, who diagnosed that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown. The VIN was unavailable.

- Ludlow, MA, USA

Nov 012014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while attempting to accelerate from a stop, the vehicle accelerated excessively without warning. The vehicle was towed to the dealer, where the floor mat was replaced but the failure reoccurred twice. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer, where it was diagnosed that the failure was related to the floor mat. The contact referenced a manufacturer's recall related to the failure. The VIN was unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Philidelphia, PA, USA