2010 Ford Fusion engine problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 20 of 38)

Jul 182013

Fusion 4-cyl

This has happened on many occasions, from driving in stop and go traffic to driving on a highway. After driving the vehicle for some time, a wrench light comes on on the dashboard, there is no fuel going to the car and when I pull to the side, the car stutters like it wants to go and then stops again. After turning the car off and starting it again, the car drives like nothing ever happened. I have gone online and there are a lot of people who were complaining about the same thing and Ford has not recalled the part. I guess someone has to die in an accident for them to take action.

- Broomall, PA, USA

Fusion

Driving along fine and then suddenly no throttle at all. Had to pull off the road. Car still idling rough. Had to shut off and restart then it was ok. Has happened 10 times know on highway and on secondary roads. Very dangerous situation.

- Plymouth, MA, USA

Jul 102013

Fusion 6-cyl

While resuming travel after stopping at a stoplight the engine would not allow me to continue to accelerate. As there was a line of traffic behind me, I quickly turned on my 4-way flashers and coasted to the side of the road. After shutting off the ignition and waiting for a few minutes, I tried restarting the car. The engine restarted normally and I was able to proceed with full throttle functionally. This same problem happened to me three more times since the first incident. I have read on the internet that several people are experiencing this problem and that Ford is not issuing a recall to fix this problem.

- Jeannette, PA, USA

Fusion

While driving on the highway at 60, in a section of highway with no breakdown lane and multiple highways merging together, the car suddenly lost all throttle power and wrench light went on. Coasted to side of road barely being missed by several other vehicles and trucks. I shut car off and started again and was ok and able to get off highway. Once off highway car kept loosing throttle power every mile until I got it to the dealership. Dealership says this is an issue with 2010 Fusion and that part is not available until end of October! (already had throttle body and plate cleaned a few weeks ago when it happened on a cold start and code came up P2111 throttle actuator control stuck open. Car was fine until now.)

- Northwood, NH, USA

Fusion 4-cyl

When leaving home to go to the store, accelerator peddle stopped responding shortly after shifting into drive after leaving the driveway. The engine idled very roughly, so I shifted into neutral and pulled over. I put the transmission into park, turned off the ignition and then restarted the engine. It idled fine, so I continued on my trip. Shortly after, stopping at a stop sign, the same thing happened when pulling away from the stop. I was turning left, so I had to immediately turn right and pull over to avoid an accident. Restarted engine and continued to my destination. The same behavior occurred again on Y way back home when starting another left turn.

- Round Rock, TX, USA

Jul 312013

Fusion

I was traveling on roadway at approximately 35 mph when throttle suddenly stopped responding. I pressed the accelerator repeatedly but engine appeared to stay at idle and vehicle slowed to a stop. A wrench symbol lit up on dashboard. Shut vehicle off and restarted and engine began running normally. Fortunately there were no vehicles behind me or intersecting with me which I would have had to avoid.

- Levittown, NY, USA

Jul 292013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while traveling approximately 45 mph, the mil warning light illuminated as the vehicle lost acceleration power. The vehicle stalled moments later. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was found that the throttle body had failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 50,000.

- Fort Knox, KY, USA

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated while driving 60 mph, the vehicle stalled with the illumination of the check engine light. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where it was stated that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure, and they claimed there was no defect. The approximate failure mileage was 53,000. Updated 10/22/13

- La Mesa, CO, USA

Jul 182013

Fusion 4-cyl

Vehicle keeps shutting off while driving. First happened on July 18th, second July 19th. Just started again on July 31 & continues. I was told its my throttle.

- Calverton, NY, USA

Jun 132013

Fusion 4-cyl

The vehicle lost acceleration and stalled. Restarted and the condition recurred approximately in 3 or 4 miles. Again, I turned the key off then restarted and again, the condition repeated after several miles down the road. The car was taken to the Ford dealership the next day and no code was available for the mechanic to diagnose. The condition did not reoccur for six weeks and resurfaced again with identical symptoms. Returned the vehicle to the dealership where this time they affirmed the throttle body failure. The part is unavailable at this time because of high demand exhausted the availability of the unit.

- Bunceton, MO, USA

Jul 272013

Fusion 6-cyl

Driving ~40 mph, took foot off accelerator, wrench indicator light turned on, could no longer accelerate, had to roll onto breakdown lane. Turned engine off, could not start car 1st attempt. Car started on 2nd attempt, and the light went off. Has occurred 4 times now, 3 times at speeds of ~40 mph and one time while slowing down for a traffic light. Very scary for the young drivers in my family.

- Groton, MA, USA

Jul 292013

Fusion 6-cyl

I was driving along the tollway and had to slow down due to congestion. My car made a lunge, like a hard downshift and was left with no response from the engine. The engine was running as indicated by the tachometer and power steering, however I was not able to accelerate. After pulling over to the side of the road, nearly being rear ended by oncoming traffic, I turned on the flashers and shut the engine off. I let the car set for about 30 seconds before restarting. Upon restart the car ran fine as though nothing had happened. I had a second occurrence just today (8/1/2013). I now have an engine light and have read the code - P2112. The dealership/service department that I called mentioned that this is a common issue with the Ford Fusion.

- The Colony, TX, USA

May 312013

Fusion 4-cyl

I was driving to my mother house to pick up my son my car suddenly just lost all power. It was still running but not accelerating. It was violently shaking and a wrench light came on. I pulled into a parking lot turned the car off when I restarted it came right back on after that I had no trouble that night. A couple of days later my son and I were headed home it did this to me again but when I tried to restart the car it had more trouble and only allowed me to 100 yard or so. My mechanic cleaned the part it did fine for about another month or so until this past Monday 7/29/13. I have currently bought a new throttle body and it has seemed to fix this car. Ford needs to realize this a problem.the car has stopped on me numerous time and could have caused many accident. I began looking and this seems to be a common issues among this car. Its time for a recall. I must say that I was lucky to have a mechanic for a dad because I was quoted almost 700 dollars for this job and lucky he could do this for free with only the cost of the part.

- Acworth, GA, USA

Jul 302013

Fusion

The car lost throttle response while driving on the highway. The car then started idling very rough. Turned the car off then on again and it was fine until I pulled back onto the highway and it lost power again. I turned the car off for approx 30 min. Turned it back on then drove to an auto zone and got a P2111 error code which stated that the throttle body was stuck open or closed. Took it to the dealership the next morning and they stated that it was the throttle body and estimated cost to replace was $400. After researching this appears to be a common problem with the Fusion.

- Noblesville, IN, USA

Jul 242013

Fusion 4-cyl

Car shut down when I was on 288 running 70 had to pull over cut car off start it back up then it did it again 15 min later on 95 I bought a new throttle body installed it and now its doing fine.

- Petersburg, VA, USA

Jul 312013

Fusion

Was traveling at approximately 55mph when the car lost all propulsion. I was able to get to the shoulder, shut it down, and start back up after about a minute. This occurred 3 times on a 25 mile drive. Appears to be a faulty throttle body based on the codes being thrown off. The car only has 40,000 miles and based on multiple user boards this is a problem Ford is aware of. Unacceptable for such a key part to fail so early in its like. If I was stuck in the left lane this could have resulted in a very dangerous situation.

- Newburyport, MA, USA

Jun 112013

Fusion 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving 30 mph, he attempted to accelerate but the vehicle began to idle. The contact shut the vehicle off and restarted as it functioned properly. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection where they stated that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 98,000. The consumer stated the part caused five problems. Once caused the vehicle to roll. The consumer stated throttle body would fail at any speed, and the engine would just idle.

- Glen Pool, OK, USA

Jul 262013

Fusion

Multiple incidents have occurred. The vehicle will be cruising at highway speeds, then lose all engine power and the car begins to shake violently. I need to put my hazards on and come to a complete stop wherever I am, including busy traffic. The car continues to shake while shifting into park. After in park, I turn the car off, wait 30 seconds, then start it again. The shaking ceases upon restarting, and will drive fine for 5-10 minutes before repeating the incident over again and losing all engine power. A Ford dealership diagnosed the problem as a failed throttle body. The repair cost over $500.

- Big Rapids, MI, USA

Fusion

This has happened twice. When I reach speeds around 45 and above, the car seems to stall and the throttle cuts out, leaving me without a way to accelerate. I have had to pull over on the side of busy highways, let my car rest for a little bit then start it back up. It seems reluctant to start. Took it to local Ford dealership and they concluded it was the throttle body and I would need it replaced. Googled Ford Fusion throttle body and many others have had the same thing happen, including accidents cause by it.

- Downingtown, PA, USA

Fusion

Car stalled while driving on the highway. The engine would restart but ran very rough. I was able to get off the highway. The other occasion was at an intersection. Both times the car had to be towed to autonation in union city, Georgia. The throttle body was replaced under warranty.

- Peachtree City, GA, USA