2010 Ford Fusion engine problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 25 of 38)

Jul 072013

Fusion 6-cyl

While driving at 45mph lost throttle control. Gas pedal had no response. Was able to coast to side of highway. The "wrench light" came on the instrument panel. I restarted the vehicle and the throttle was responsive, dove approx 1/4 mile and the same situation occurred; however, this time the check engine and wrench lights were illuminated. Turned vehicle off and on and warning lights reset and I had throttle control. Drove approx 1000 feet and lost throttle control again; however, this time I was making a turn through an intersection. I was able to coast through the intersection and off the highway onto the shoulder of the road. The check engine and throttle control/transmission(wrench) lights were illuminated. At this point I had the vehicle towed to the dealer.

- Berlin, NJ, USA

Jul 072013

Fusion 4-cyl

Engine wrench light comes on, car will not maintain speed, engine drops to rough idle, accelerator is unresponsive. Car must be stopped, with trans mission in park, turned off and restarted. It has done this 9 times in the last day and a half... once while turning across traffic. This puts my life and passenger's lives at jeopardy.

- St Charles, MO, USA

Jul 052013

Fusion 6-cyl

While driving in heavy traffic the car suddenly lost power, I pulled the car over to get out of the traffic. I came to a stop turned the engine off let it sit for approximately 10 minutes. I restarted the engine it seemed fine, I attempted to return home but experienced the same problem twice on my way home. I called the dealer to bring the car in regarding the problem. I described the problem to the service advisor, he seemed to know immediately what is causing the problem. $575 later I'm back on the road. Less than 4,000 out of warranty and this happens, it seems a common occurrence with other Fusion.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Aug 152012

Fusion 4-cyl

As I was driving down the road my car stopped accelerating, started spitting and sputtering (felt like it had ran out of gas) and displayed the wrench light on the dash. I cut the vehicle off and started it back up and had no further issues for quite a long time. Almost a year later (June of 2013) the vehicle did the exact same thing. This time cutting it off and back on again did not fix the issue. My car wont even make it half a mile down the road now with out shuttering and sputtering to a stop.

- King, NC, USA

Dec 102012

Fusion 4-cyl

Traded in our Ford freestyle to purchase used 2010 Fusion vehicle in September 2013 with 53,000 miles and a 30-day warranty. This was our third Ford vehicle and we've enjoyed dependability, comfort and safe driving with our previous Ford, so we saw no need in purchasing a warranty. One month later, we were struck by hurricane sandy. Our Honda CRV-06 parked along side the Fusion was nearly totaled by a downed tree but not a scratch to the Fusion just few inches away. Now, we wish that the Fusion would have been in it¿¿ place. We noticed a rubbing right away to find our the stamford dealership sold us a car with summer tires and warped rims. December 2012, light came on which looked like a fuel cap. They told us it's a sensor and would cost $300 part is on back order. They reset light.

- Norwalk, CT, USA

Nov 142012

Fusion 6-cyl

Was accelerating to enter freeway when engine went to idle and car began to slow down. Pulled onto median and tried to rev engine but no response. Turned engine off and back on and the car drove fine for a few minutes before exhibiting same behavior. This time pulled off freeway and waited for someone to come get the car. After 30 minutes or so we tried the car again and it drove fine all the way to the dealership. Once there they determined that the throttle body was bad and charged us quite a bit to replace it.

- Pearland, TX, USA

Mar 282013

Fusion

I was driving down the highway at 65mph when all of a sudden my car lost fuel pressure. I put the gas pedal to the floor and nothing happened. I put on my hazard lights and was able to get off to the side of the road as other cars were flying by me on both sides. All the electrical functions were still on but the wrench light came on. I shut the car off and restarted it and the light went out and I went on my way. There was no warning. It happened 2 more times about a month a part each time and always after I had been on the road for at least 15 minutes. After the third time I took it to the Ford dealership and had to wait over two weeks to get a new throttle body. Please make them recall this part before someone gets killed!

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jun 152012

Fusion

As I was driving at approximately 40 mph on a busy 4 lane highway, and my engine lost all power. It slowed to about 3 mph and would not accelerate at all, nearly causing a major crash. I had to proceed for a distance to find a place to pull off the road. I turned the car off for maybe 5 minutes then restarted the car and it seemed to be over the problem. I contacted the local dealer and was told it was the "throttle body" that was causing the problem and they did not have any on stock since they have been repairing other vehicles with this part... the problem has happened 3 more times now and because it is a safety issue I need to replace the part myself and not wait for Ford. My car has now passed 36,000 miles and is not covered by warranty.

- Irwin , PA, USA

Dec 142012

Fusion 4-cyl

Driving on my way home. A wrench light illuminated in the dash and the car lost it power instantly. Slowing down to a complete stop. My latest incident was much scarier. I was on the cross island parkway in the bronx going with the traffic. Thank god I was in the shoulder, it happened again. The car was going about 60 mph and the same thing happened. I was able to get on the shoulder with out anyone running into the back of me. The car came to a complete stop and was jerking like crazy. I turned it off and it started back up and I went from bronx NY to eastern long island scared as hell in the right lane just in case it happened again. And there are other times as well.

- Medford, NY, USA

Jul 032013

Fusion 4-cyl

I was making a turn into a mall when my car's accelerator quit working. I let off and pressed the accelerator and still nothing. I had to coast over to the side of the road and turn my car off. I left it off for a minute and restarted. It worked fine after the restart. A few miles later I had the same problem on the interstate at 60 mph. I did the same procedure as before and again, my car ran fine. A few minutes later I was pulling into a church parking lot and the same thing happened again. I decided to just go back home before I had serious problems at night. A few miles further the same thing happened while trying to accelerate after stopping at a traffic light. I had a parts store hook up a diagnostics machine and got a "throttle actuator control system stuck open" code. I began to google this and found that there have been multiple complaints about Ford doing this, yet Ford has not issued a recall. Needless to say, I am a bit furious that they would know there is a potentially deadly problem with their vehicles and they won't issue a recall to fix this.

- Warrior, AL, USA

Jun 242013

Fusion 4-cyl

While driving the vehicle would lose all power and would not respond to the acceleration pedal. It would require pulling to the side of the road and shutting the engine off for 3-5 minutes before being able to continue. This happened 7-10 times in the same day. The "check engine" light finally came on and stayed on. We took it into the nearest auto parts store who ran it through the computer and it was the "throttle position sensor" which required replacing the entire "throttle body". this nearly caused a wreck every time it happened.

- Trenton, GA, USA

Jul 012013

Fusion 4-cyl

I was accelerating from a traffic light when all of a sudden I had no response from my gas pedal and my check engine light came on. I was able to coast until I could pull over out of the way of traffic. I turned the car off and back on. The check engine light turned off, so I thought maybe I'm okay. But, once I got up to speed again, the same thing happened. I was able to get my car back home by driving on back streets at 25 mph. Using my odb-II reader, I retrieved code P2112 from my car. This points to the throttle body assembly.

- Lexington, KY, USA

May 292013

Fusion 4-cyl

Came off the highway and was waiting at a red light. Went to accelerate and the car would not go. The car did not stall but would not accelerate. Took to mike bass Ford in sheffield oh and they diagnosed that it was the throttle body. Took approx 12 days to fix. The dealership claimed that Ford had run out of the part.

- Elmore, OH, USA

May 302013

Fusion 4-cyl

Car quit accelerating (didn't shut off) and ran roughly. Fortunately, I was able to easily pull off to the side of the road. I turned the ignition off and restarted the car. It started with no problems the rest of the day. Incident happened five more times over the next four days (couldn't get car to the dealer until then). On the 4th of June, I was taking the car to the dealer and it started acting up again, only this time, I was on the freeway in heavy traffic. I had to move over two lanes to the break down lane. I was almost involved in an accident, because I couldn't accelerate. I was close to the dealer and was able to restart the car, to get it there. I was informed it was probably the throttle body and would be two or three weeks before they would receive the parts as they were on backorder. I was fortunate, that they eventually received the throttle body on the 8th of June. It cost $515 plus $220 for the rental car. I know this repair and the cots are between me and Ford, but I don't know who else to turn to, in order to express my feelings that I was ripped off by Ford.

- Santee, CA, USA

Jun 302013

Fusion

My Ford Fusion has been having issues accelerating for about a year now. I have taken it in to be checked out and can't seem to find the problem. The night of June 30th I had drove to work, noticing it riding rather rough, but was able to make it okay. Leaving work though I stopped at a local store, while I was parked and idling the car staled with a battery light on. I had just purchased a brand new battery, which was annoying enough in a 2010, just six months ago so I assumed the battery was bad again. I was going to try to jump the car when I realized it would start again, I drove a few feet and the same thing happened. It was able to make it about 30 miles home luckily but continued staling the whole way home. It even staled when I was going 55 mph. I got it to the dealership the next morning and they called to tell me it was the throttle body that had gone bad and needed to be replaced. After doing some research, I came across a website stating that I was not alone in this and that many other Ford cars have also had this issue. This problem has cost me 500+ over the past year just in costs to the Ford dealership. I can't imagine what kind of money I have lost in gas too. I wanted to share my information so something might be done before someone gets hurt from this problem with the Ford throttle body.

- Lapeer, MI, USA

Jun 262013

Fusion 4-cyl

The car's throttle-body failed instantly, and without warning while it was being driven on a major secondary road. The failure resulted in a complete loss of power and required immediate emergency action to get off the two travel lanes (during rush-hour in northern Virginia), and nearly resulting in an accident. I was only 1/4 mile from entering interstate 66, which did not have a safe shoulder during the time of the failure, and which would have resulted in a much more dangerous situation.

- Vienna, VA, USA

Jun 272013

Fusion

While getting onto the interstate the accelerator failed the wrench light came on I pulled to the side of the road shut the car off restarted it drove another 10 miles and again same issue restarted and drove less than 5 miles and again restart drive less than 1 mile and yet again I called three different Ford dealerships and none of them have the part to even think about fixing this problem this needs to be recalled asap as some people don't have $400-$700 including myself to say ok Ford here is my car fix it while waiting a week to a month for it.

- Little Rock, AR, USA

Jul 022013

Fusion

Driving down the interstate and lost power, as if pedal was not connected to engine. The tachometer fell to idle RPM and wrench light came on. Proceeded to glide off to the shoulder where, when stopped, the engine began to shake and shudder. I turned off then restarted my car which took 4 seconds of the engine turning over. Started up and all seemed okay but as I went to get back on the interstate it stalled again. Proceeded to turn off and on again with no problems. Very lucky I was not in traffic on the interstate or could have been in an accident.

- Morgantown, WV, USA

Jun 202013

Fusion 4-cyl

Car automatically lost speed going up hill to stop sign. Would not accelerate. Went dead. Cars were behind me and passing on busy street in front of me. Took car to dealership. Didn't correct problem. Had to take back. On the way, went dead pulling out onto major highway with morning traffic coming. Finally got cranked. Went on trying to get to dealership and went dead again in major intersection. Got to dealership. Throttle body part on national back order. Been 8 days and part still not in.

- Florence, AL, USA

Jul 022013

Fusion 4-cyl

I was driving down the freeway in the middle lane at 65 miles an hours and my car started jerking and seemed to have no power, I was at a place where 2 highways were coming together which caused getting the vehicle off the road difficult! I was able to get inbetween the 2 highways and stop the car, I put it in park and turned the key off and waited a few minutes then started the car and it seemed to run fine. The it happened again to me while driving on a Sunday at 35 miles an hour again stopped on the side of the road and turned it off and then on again. Called the dealer on Monday to get it into the shop had an appointment on Tuesday morning to take it in, on my way home from work at 5:00 pm it started jerking and I ended up having to stop the car in the middle of the intersection and turn it off an on again. Thank god I was not hit in either incidence!! I have been told that it is my throttle body and that this part is on national back order which tells me this is a major problem. I am being told they do not know how long it will be before this part is available and I am having to get a rent a car in the mean time. My new car warranty ended in time April 2013 and I am 3000 miles over the 30,000. I think this is just wrong to have this kind of problem with a newer vehicle!!

- Akron, OH, USA