2010 Ford Fusion engine problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 27 of 38)

Jun 282013

Fusion 6-cyl

My 2010 Ford Fusion is having the same problem as numerous others...the throttle body......mechanics are telling me it will cost me about 600 $ to repair.....this is an ongoing scam in part by Ford.... im sure they know about this....I promise you I will trade this car in Ford a Honda Accord....atleast they run honestly..

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Jun 262013

Fusion 4-cyl

***** bad throttle body******** my wife and son was driving and the car just shut off going through a interaction a car almost hit them to the rapid loss of speed. This is not the first time. When this happens you have no power and very little control of the car. This has happen about four times now. Looks like Ford is doing nothing about this and after this did it on me today 6/27/13 someone is going to get killed in a accident or hurt real bad. From looking at all the reviews this is a defect in the throttle body. This should be on a recall list before someone is hurt or worst. Please help us get this on a recall list. Thank you.

- The Colony, TX, USA

Jun 122013

Fusion 4-cyl

Car started jerking and the throttle light and engine light came on. Lost power and acceleration. Had difficulty maneuvering it to the side of the road. Vehicle had to be towed to dealership where mechanic diagnosed the problem as failed throttle body assembly.

- Marietta, OH, USA

Jun 232013

Fusion 6-cyl

While driving my 2010 Ford Fusion, at a normal speed of 45 mph, the car's acceleration cut off completely while driving on the road. I noticed this when I pushed on the gas pedal and noticed that I could not accelerate or move my car beside coasting. Luckily, I was able to safely get off the road, however, if I was on the highway, I might have gotten in to an accident. After parking my car, I noticed the rpms were jumping a bit, and an orange wrench appeared on my dashboard signal. I turn off the vehicle, and tried turning it on again. The vehicle gave a slight hesitation and then started right up. This incident happened one other time with the same result. I took my car to the dealership to get fixed, and they indicated that this was a very common issue they have been seeing with my vehicle. The problem related to the throttle body, in which gets stuck and shuts down the engine. They indicated that this was a wide spread issue that is currently being investigated. My complaint is that this is a potential hazard that could cause an accident involving injury or death. This part needs to be recalled, as it is a common occurrence in my vehicle. I am lucky I was able to guide my car off the road. Had I been on the highway or on the train tracks, I could have caused a serious accident.

- Garden City, MI, USA

May 202013

Fusion

Driving car on highway at approximately 55 mph. Throttle body warning light came on and the vehicle died in the middle of the highway. The incident has happened on the highway 4 times since May 22, 2013. The car would not turn back on for some time and no warning lights would come on upon restart.

- St. Louis , MO, USA

Jun 262013

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving approximately 30 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact mentioned that the wrench icon and the check engine warning light illuminated. In addition, the contact stated that there was smoke coming from under the hood of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 63,000.

- Lake Orion , MI, USA

Jun 082013

Fusion 6-cyl

While driving on the interstate at about 60 mph, my 2010 Ford Fusion unexpectedly lost power and suddenly slowed. It did not accelerate when I stepped on the gas, however, the engine was still running. I had to put on my emergency flashers and coast to pull off on the side of the road while other cars and trucks traveling fast were coming up on me. After I pulled off, I restarted the car and it ran okay for a while. However, the same thing has happened a total of 4 times. This is a major safety issue. I am afraid to drive the car until they figure out what the problem is.

- Greenlawn, NY, USA

Jun 242013

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled with the illumination of the wrench warning icon. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was determined that the throttle body had failed. The dealer cleaned the throttle body and the failure recurred. The failure and the current mileage was 39,000.

- Purcell, OK, USA

Jun 122013

Fusion 4-cyl

I was driving along on a neighborhood road when my car suddenly lost power and idled really rough. When I would press the gas pedal, nothing would happen. I was able to pull the car off to the side of the road due to very little traffic and cut the car off and then restarted it. It worked at that time, but since then has done this multiple times while driving. The last time this happened, it would happen everytime I started the car for about 4-5 times, before the car finally stayed on, and I was able to get home. Luckily each time this happened, traffic was slow, because this could have caused a serious accident. I have been looking into this situation and have found multiple other occurrences of this same problem happening all over the country, and have found out that it is the throttle body and the throttle actuator. Something needs to be done about this and quick before someone gets killed from this.

- Norman, OK, USA

Apr 122013

Fusion 4-cyl

On multiple occasions my car has started to stall out as I began to accelerate. The first time happened when exiting the highway, where I came to a yield sign, I then proceeded to accelerate onto the road after yielding and the car would not accelerate and started to have jumpy motions and kept revving every time I would try to step on the gas pedal. I didn't think much of it at that time. Then one day on another exit onto the highway with busy traffic I slowed down to see if traffic was clear to merge and when I went to accelerate into traffic it repeated the same symptoms. The last time it happened was I was exiting the highway and once again tried to merge into traffic and it happened again but it also happened at the red light directly after the merge. I was not trying to accelerate too quickly on any of the occasions but it makes it extremely dangerous to pull into traffic. I took the car into the Ford dealership to get the problem checked out and they came back that the electronic throttle body on my 2010 vehicle was bad and that they would have to replace it. They then proceeded to tell me that the part was on backorder and I was number 2 on the list to receive the part because they have three cars in the shop with the same problem. This seems to be a regular occurrence with my type of vehicle in my search for answers I have seen multiple forums with people posting about this problem. The Ford associate also told me that the part should be recalled but he wasn't sure that it ever would. As someone who drives frequently on the highway this is a huge concern to me that I will go to accelerate into traffic and end up seriously injured because my car won't accelerate. Needless to say it has been almost two weeks since I took my car into the dealership and I am still waiting on the part from Ford.

- Pooler, GA, USA

May 202013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving 35 mph, the vehicle lost power. The contact pulled the vehicle over and restarted it and began to function properly. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection and they confirmed that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 53,000.

- Mill Creek, WV, USA

May 302013

Fusion

The first incident occurred when I was crossing a busy intersection and the vehicle lost power. I had to drive onto the median to avoid traffic, turn my car off and back on, and then it ran like nothing happened for a couple of weeks. The second incident, same thing, I was driving along and the car completely lost power and I had to pull off of road and restart the vehicle. Each time, the wrench light flashed on and the car shuttered as I came to a complete stop. After the fourth time, same scenario, the check engine light popped on and hasn't disappeared. It has now happened at least once a day for the past 3 days with no luck getting it into a mechanic for another week. After researching, I discovered that it is probably the throttle body and is a very common and dangerous problem in Ford Fusion. I am disgusted and disappointed that there are so many complaints and nothing being done. The part needs recalled! this is my second 2010 Ford Fusion after praising my first one for saving my life in a head on collision. However, after being terrified for stalling out of no where and possibly being in another life threatening accident, I am tempted to never buy Ford again.

- Scottdale, PA, USA

Jun 252013

Fusion

Vehicle stalled, wrench light on dash lit. I went to side of road, depressed accelerator but engine did not respond. Idled only, idle was rough, engine jerked. After 2 minutes I turned engine off then started the engine with normal result, wrench light was off and vehicle idled normally. I drove 20miles home. Will take vehicle to dealer 6/26, I believe this is a dangerous occurrence as stalling at a higher speed in traffic could be deadly.

- Waldorf, MD, USA

Jun 222013

Fusion

This was the third time it has happened. First time, replaced battery ($100). Car suddenly dies and loses all power. Able to restart, but with difficulty. Very dangerous, especially with a three-year old! was driving to the dealer to get it looked at and was going 60 mph and it just died, luckily was by an off-ramp so could exit freeway. After looking it up online (car is at the dealer as we speak and they have no clue on what's wrong), I determined it's a throttle body issue. Very dangerous!!!!!

- Eagan, MN, USA

Jun 182013

Fusion 4-cyl

Driving down the highway I lost the ability to accelerate, and the car went to a quick decelerate. Luckily there was not much traffic, and I was able to safely pull to the side of the road. The car almost stalled once I got completely stopped. I turned the car off for about 30 seconds, and restarted it. It started up a little slow, but was quick to go back to normal. This was on Tuesday morning. On Friday afternoon the same symptoms (no acceleration, and a quick deceleration) but this time I was traveling approximately 60 mph in heavier traffic. I was in the left lane, and my only option was to pull off to the left, because I was not traveling fast enough to try and get through the traffic to the right. Turned it off, about a minute later I started it again, and I went on my way. Then this morning (06/25/13) it happened 2 times on my way to work. I have been driving in the right lane, just in case it happened again, and it is a good thing I did. I consider this to be a safety hazard, as traveling at high speeds, and not being able to safely get pulled over presents a lot of danger for myself and other drivers. I took my car to the repair shop to have them look at the code, and they told me it points to a throttle body issue. After reading numerous reports of similar situations and symptoms, I think this is something that needs to be addressed.

- Heartland, TX, USA

Jun 242013

Fusion 4-cyl

Coming home from work my car started to have difficulties keeping speed. Soon after my car lost engine power. This happened twice while on my way home within 15 minutes of each other. When I brought my car in the report I was given says "code P2111 present" when means that the throttle body needs to be replaced. I haven't even had my car for a year.

- Elizabethtown, KY, USA

Jun 032013

Fusion 4-cyl

I was driving at 55 mph and the car suddenly lost power all it would do was idle. This has happened several times I checked the codes with my scan tool it gave two codes for stuck throttle body one for stuck closed and the other one for stuck open.

- Tomahawk, KY, USA

Jun 152013

Fusion

I'm also having throttle body problems in my 2010 Fusion. The car has repeatedly lost power while traveling down the road at 60+ mph. The wrench and check engine light come on. It did it 4 times in one day. Ford customer care acknowledged there were problems with the throttle bodies on these cars but refuses to replace them under warranty.

- Wimberley, TX, USA

Jun 182013

Fusion

I was pulling out onto a highway and as I gave the car the gas, it suddenly would not accelerate. The car lost all power but continued to run and I noticed a light on my instrument cluster of a wrench. I pulled over and stopped the car. I turned the key off and let the car sit for a minute or two and started it back up. This has happened several times since. A couple of times this has occurred and I was moving at a considerable pace with other vehicles behind me.

- Saint Albans, WV, USA

Sep 042012

Fusion 4-cyl

I have a 2010 Fusion that has acted up previously but quit and now its doing it consistently. The car throws a light that's a wrench spits sputters and will not receive any fuel no matter how much you press the throttle. I am a Ford lover and bought this car for my fiance for a reliable transportation and now im really worried that this vehicle is going to cause her to get into an accident. It pretty much shuts down on you with not allot of warning and all you can do is coast and hope that you can pull on to the shoulder. I have a friend that works for Ford that has informed me that this is a very common problem for this year model Fusion and that its about $550 to fix. I am I have a decent job but I have a wedding coming up in just a month and a half and my soon to be wife is about to start back college and will not be helping me financially I just can not afford the parts and labor. If this is such a common problems with this certain model and year why hasn't there been a recall for this part it has obviously not been very well built and im concerned if I do pay the $550 that this part will just do the same thing. Please help all of us that are trying to make it in life and recall a very poor design.

- Sanford , NC, USA