2010 Ford Fusion engine problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 29 of 38)

Fusion 6-cyl

Driving and lost power, car engine died. Wrench icon came on on the ger indicator. Sputtered when coming to stop and had to shut car off and restart. When restarted I had no odemeter or gas mileage indicator on dash. Did another 2 times until I reached my destination, approx 3 -5 miles away. I was out of town when happened and I called my Ford dealer and explained and the service manager stated he was 95% sure it was the throttle body. He also stated I might not be able to get fixed right away as to the possibility of no parts available as a known issue. Had to finally stop at a Ford dealer on Sunday on our return trip as kept happening, repeatedly and too unsafe to drive any further as we were not getting any further than 5 miles apart before it kept happening and 2 of us had to stay overnight in a hotel until the Ford dealer opened Monday am. On the 4th time this happened, a check engine light finally came on..not prior to this though.the Ford dealer confirmed it was the throttle body and we did have replaced at that time.

- Alsip, IL, USA

May 152013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph, the wrench warning icon illuminated on the instrument panel as the vehicle decelerated independently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection where and they stated that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 38,000.

- Hopelawn, NJ, USA

Fusion 4-cyl

51000 miles on car. Driving 45 mph. Engine wrench light comes on. Engine dies. Drift to side of road. Starts again. Wrench light comes on. Engine dies again. Dealer states it is the throttle body. Not covered by warranty because is not part of the mechanical engine but fuel system. Job in $600 range but Ford has no replacement parts! they are back ordered because so many are failing all over country! this is Ford's engineering problem not the customers. And someone is going to get killed.

- Roosevelt, NJ, USA

May 282013

Fusion 4-cyl

While driving, the electronic throttle body malfunctioned, causing my car to start to lose speed rapidly. I was in interstate traffic, making this issue that much more dangerous. I was lucky that I was in the right hand lane without heavy traffic and could pull safely off of the road. This has occurred multiple times since then. It seemed to be an intermittent problem, but has now put my car out of commission until it is fixed. The cost of repair is over $400. Upon researching this, I found that it is a very common problem that Ford seems to know about, but will not cover under the extended warranty I have because it is an "emissions" part. I must state that I absolutely love my car and like the way it drives, but am disappointed that this has not been recalled since it is common enough for the dealer to know what it is before even looking at the car. I also must say that my dealer has dealt with me fairly and honestly through the whole process.

- Batesville, MS, USA

May 012012

Fusion

This goes on repeatedly at all speeds but usually worse when above 50 degrees outside and especially when applying slight pressure to gas pedal whether care is already moving or at stop the car engine just stops and little wrench sign comes on and you coast to stop and then have to restart. ( I have had to replace several batteries due to all this restarting). Also this seems to be triggered or aggravated when you hit slight bump in road. This occurs the least number of times on days when we leave in driveway. We don't take care on highway anymore for obvious safety reasons. For example driving around town in atlanta today it does this and stops between 20 and 40 times per hour. No one has been able to explain over the past year this has been going on. This is aggravating since sometimes it will happen in middle of intersections. Ford of course is clueless and not helpful having suggested that perhaps it was bad gas or caused by using off air conditioning too much since this is atlanta. Of course it is neither since we have tried multiple gas stations and it happens when ac is not on.. I think henry Ford had the engineering better on the model T but we own it now and we are now stuck with it. No more american cars for this former Michigan resident. Loyalty to detroit is not mutual.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Mar 292013

Fusion

Car went into limp mode while driving, mostly on the highway. Wrench light would come on and power was lost. After pulling over, turning the car off and back on again, it drove just fine like nothing was wrong. This happened 7 times over 2 months. Brought the car to local Ford dealership, was told I needed the throttle body replaced. The part was on backorder, so I needed to wait about 3 weeks to get the repair. Cost was $550.

- Champlin, MN, USA

May 152012

Fusion

I have purchased this Ford Fusion new from rogers Ford in odessa Texas. 1N 2011 as 2010 leftover car quits running at any speed or just loose all power then I must pull to side of road/median to restart car. Then it may run correctly for 50 miles or 50 feet then, repeat with same problem. This started at 38,000 miles not covered under warranty. The code is P2111 throttlebody. I have myself (dealer will not install used part) replaced throttlebody 3 times (used new is not available) because when I spoke with Ford Motor Co. And dealers they stated a mass nationwide back order and every dealer I have spoken with has no idea when part will be available. I have had several close calls by almost being hit by other cars/semis when engine power quits or when it stalls I loose power steering and brakes. I have spoke with Ford Motor Company today 06/17/2013 1300 hrs and was told to bring to any Ford dealer and I called three Ford dealers and was told cant get part it is on nationwide back order.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

May 312013

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph, the vehicle started to shake violently and engaged into limp mode. The contact mentioned that the wrench warning icon was illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 66,000.

- Enola, PA, USA

May 222013

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving approximately 20 mph, the engine stalled with the illumination of the check engine warning indicator. The failure recurred within 20 miles from the first occurrence. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who stated that the failure was related to a faulty throttle body. The vehicle was not repaired due to the part being on a nationwide back order. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure was 33,000. Updated 7/22/13 the consumer stated the vehicle stalled over 20 mph. Updated 08/01/11

- Cleveland, OH, USA

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated while driving 70 mph the vehicle stalled and lost power immediately after the accelerator pedal was engaged. The contact took the vehicle to a dealer for a diagnostic test which indicated the throttle body was stuck in the open position and needed to be replaced. The dealer did not have the parts to replace the throttle body. The contact called the manufacturer regarding the part availability; however, they opened a case but did not provide any information. The contact did not have the throttle body replaced. The failure mileage was 65,654....updated 07-24-13 the consumer was informed, the parts were not available. The consumer stated the vehicle would lose power immediately after the accelerator pedal was engaged.

- Arlington , TX, USA

Jun 052013

Fusion

I was driving on the interstate with the cruise on when the wrench light lit up and the car started to slow. It did not respond to the gas pedal. I pulled over, restarted the car, and all was fine until 10 miles later when the check engine light went on, but the car continued to drive. I pulled off and drove home. The next day, the check engine light turned on when I started the car, but turned off a few minutes later. The car killed twice on surface streets, with no check engine light. Garage has identified the problem as the "throttle body wire."

- Racine, WI, USA

Jun 032013

Fusion

While driving normally the cars wrench light will come on, then jerk hard and then lose all acceleration. There is still braking and steering to get off the road and to a stop before the car shuts off. Will not even "limp" home. After several minutes you can start it back and continue, until it happens again.

- Asheboro, NC, USA

Jun 152013

Fusion 4-cyl

While driving and putting my foot on the gas I could not accelerate the vehicle started to jerk. Looking at the rpms they were moving up and down.. the car started to shake as I was luckily able to pull off on the side of the highway. I turned the car off and started it back up and got back on the highway. After about 5 minutes the car started to do the exact same thing. After multiple times pulling off of the highway I was able to make it home. I was on a round trip from Kentucky to Ohio, no more then 80 miles total, in rush hour traffic. This could have really caused a major collision!!! after getting home and researching the problem on line I cannot believe the horrific amounts of complaints about the exact same thing happening. I purchased the car 3 months ago, and cannot afford to spend what seems to be from 600-800.00 on a new throttle body.

- Florence, KY, USA

Jun 062013

Fusion 4-cyl

I was accelerating down a street on my way to work at about 35-37 mph when the car just started sputtering. I was on a road with heavy traffic and no sidearm. I stopped the car and restarted it. I made it about 1 mile further before it did the same thing. I was on pins and needles all day driving it. It happened about a week later after no further incident from the first occurrence. I took it in to a Ford dealer who identified it as a throttle problem. Cost me $500 since it is no longer under warranty for my car. Unacceptable occurrence. Making me rethink any loyalty to Ford.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

May 152013

Fusion 6-cyl

In the past month on several occasions the throttle did not work not allowing me to accelerate. The only way I could correct it was to turn the motor off and restart the car. In a couple of these instances I was in traffic and could not move the car. I have been to the Ford dealership where I bought the car (buhler Ford in eatontown New Jersey) and they have told me that I need the throttle body replaced but they are unable to get the part since they are on back order due to the number of cars with the same problem awaiting the part. This is a serious condition that is totally unacceptable and unsafe. I went on line and have found out that hundreds of others are having the same problem. Ford needs to issue a recall on these parts and change them. I have been told that it will cost me nearly $500 to fix but they don't even know when they can get the part.

- Lincroft, NJ, USA

May 122013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving 60 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The failure recurred four times within a thirty day period. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnosis but the failure could not be replicated. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 39,600.

- Central Pointe, AL, USA

May 112013

Fusion 6-cyl

The first time I was driving was May 11, 2013 I was going 40 miles an hour. All of a sudden the car starting slowing down to zero and the wrench light came on so I pulled off the road. I turned the car completely off and restarted the car after a few min. This time it got me home with no issues. This happened again today June 12, 2013. I was driving about 35 miles an hour and it just quit (throttle power outage) scared the day lights out of me once more. Again, I pulled over and restarted the car after a pause. I then drove immediately to bo beuckman of West county, ellisville, mo. They put a call into Ford hotline. I waited for an hour they still did not return a call. Randy told me that he thought it maybe a throttle issue. He called for the part and it is on back order. (that is not a good sign) I told him I did not feel comfortable driving the car---afraid someone might hit me if it stalls again. He could not give me a loaner car or satisfaction, just took my cell number and will call back when he hears from Ford. On line, I see this is a major issue. Why wasn't there a recall for replacing the throttle body. I am very upset with Ford and scared to drive my car until they find out what it is for sure and the back order issue. Please help me.

- Ballwin, MO, USA

Mar 012012

Fusion

When driving the vehicle it will seemingly randomly bring the engine down to idle or stall the car completely and send a P2111 or P2112 error code (throttle body stuck open/close, respectively) and the car needs to be completely shut off in order to bring the car back into a normal running state. Resetting the car does not guarantee that the issue will go away, and about 40-50% of the time the car stalls again right after attempting to re-enter traffic. This issue will commonly happen when making turns, although it is not limited to that situation.

- South Lyon, MI, USA

Jun 022013

Fusion 6-cyl

Engine stopped responding to accelerator and only coasted. Orange wrench light came on. Unable to move car forward other than coast. Engine rough idled but would not respond. Especially dangerous problem at highway speed in traffic. Serious safety issue.

- Myerstown, PA, USA

Jun 042013

Fusion 4-cyl

Driving at 45 mph in rush hour traffic vehicle stalled wrench light came on and would not accelerate vehicle crept at less than 5 mph when I finally got to a safe place to pull over I shut vehicle off wrench light gone and vehicle worked fine. I took it to dealership they said it was throttle body charged me $596 to replace they said it was common. However shouldn't this be a recall since it is so dangerous.

- Columbia, MD, USA