2010 Ford Fusion engine problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 32 of 38)

May 022013

Fusion 4-cyl

Driving on interstate at highway speeds (65mph+), car suddenly lost power and slowed, shuddering as it stopped. Difficult to restart, able to continue on driving for several miles before occurring again. Had vehicle towed to Ford dealer in the area for service. Diagnosed as throttle body failure; dealer service has replaced throttle body as of 5/3/2013.

- Wake Forest, NC, USA

Apr 302013

Fusion 4-cyl

Advisory mechanical wrench lit up on dash - loss all acceleration power. Had to coast off side of road and place transmission in park - and turn off low idle engine. This occurred 3 X's all similar this same day. Prior, had complained to auto dealership about 1st couple incidents (approx) 4 other times; they indicated they found no issue. I will have codes read 1st thing in the morning, by autozone looking for P2111 and P2112 - then take it to the dealership. This is very unsafe - and now I am worried to have my wife drive alone with this vehicle. Its our only car.

- Florissant, MO, USA

Apr 262013

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled without warning while driving at 65 mph. The wrench light illuminated after the failure occurred. The contact was able to coast to the shoulder. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where the failure could not be diagnosed but the dealer found transmission fluid had leaked at the driver front tire area and also stated that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The dealer replaced the transmission and the brake fluid but the failure was not corrected. The contact also wanted to state that the vehicle was taken to the dealer numerous times for unknown electrical failures. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was vehicle 57,000. Updated 08/27/13 the consumer stated while driving, the vehicle lost power to the wheels and the ability to steer became very difficult. The accelerator pedal became unresponsive. She was able to get to vehicle over to the side of the road, after she pulled over, the vehicle began to shake before she turned the engine off. Also, the wrench indicator light illuminated.

- Erie , PA, USA

Apr 022013

Fusion 6-cyl

This happened 5 times within 2 weeks before I was able to get the issue diagnosed and fixed. I have only owned the car for 2 months. This happened at the worse possible moment every time. I live in Hawaii which is known for its 4 lanes of bumper to bumper traffic (no farther than 20' apart or some one will pull in between you) going 70mph. This incident happened 4 times to me on the highway during this rush hour traffic. Incident: Was casually driving at a cruising speed (70 mph not accelerating) when the car shifted to 1st gear and idled at 1000-1200 rpms. I could not accelerate, and I could not shift gears manually (I have the manual override feature). Nothing worked and my car quickly slowed down to a crawling speed of about 10 mph. I was in the left lane. In Hawaii, that means you are stuck next to a concrete median less than 2 feet from the actual lane. This meant that I had to get from the left lane across 3 lanes traffic to the right lane with cars no farther than 20' apart going 60-75 mph while I was going 10 mph. Needless to say it was not the highlight of my day/month/year... this happened 4 more times within the next 2 weeks. Fortunately I learned my lesson and stuck to the right lane (of course one of these times there was no right hazard lane either so I had to drive 10mph for about 5 minutes on the highway before I could get to a turnoff). When I took it in for diagnostics nothing came up on the reading. Fortunately my technician drove it and it failed on him so he was able to figure out it was the electronic throttle control. $350 (based on research usually costs about $500 but I know the tech.) later I have it fixed enough to trade it in for a foreign car.

- Kapolei, HI, USA

Apr 122013

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the wrench warning icon and the check engine warning light illuminated as the vehicle stalled. The failure recurred twice. The vehicle was towed to the dealer for diagnosis. The technician stated that the throttle body would have to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 26,353.

- North Randall, OH, USA

Apr 122013

Fusion

I have a 2010 Ford Fusion, my car started surging for about 20 miles then as I was driving down the highway, it lost acceleration, the engine was running, but it lost speed it would not go, I pushed the pedal to the floor and without warning, it quit going! I had to try to guide it to the side of the road. I put my hazard lights on and sat on the side of the road. I cranked it back up and drove a few more miles surging and it cut off while driving on the highway again, very dangerous. I got it to the advance auto parts and they put a detector on it and it said it was the throttle sensor. This is very scary and dangerous and should be recalled before someone is injured or killed.

- Anderson, SC, USA

Apr 162013

Fusion

Going 70 mph on I 75 in atlanta.. car just shut down.. almost got hit by a 18 wheeler. Made it to shoulder. Wrench light was on. So I guess it is the throttle body. How is this not a recall? I see many other complaints on google about the same situation with this car.

- Acworth, GA, USA

Apr 152013

Fusion

This morning while traveling the interstate with cruise control set at 75mph my car had a swift jerking motion and lost all acceleration accident was a near miss trying to get off highway to emergency lane. Towed to Ford dealer and right away they knew it was a throttle body failure. Car showed no signs of anything being wrong until incident occurred. Throttle body replaced at my expense due to they say not covered under powetrain warranty. Ford obviously knows there is a problem with this and refuses to acknowledge it at this time. Have read several forums of numerous other people with same problem and ran across article of your investigation of Ford. Ford should be held responsible for there faulty parts. In the right situation some is going to lose there life related to this problem.

- Cullman, AL, USA

Feb 132013

Fusion

As I accelerated from a red light, the car sputtered and seemed to stall. The wrench light flashed on but didn't stay on. Since it drove fine after that, we didn't take it in. About a month later, it happened again. I researched it online and realized many people are having the same problem. We called Ford and scheduled an appointment. It happened 6 times in a 20 minute drive before we got it. Ford replaced (at a charge to us!) the throttle body and it has been fine since.

- West Sacramento, CA, USA

Apr 012010

Fusion

This problem has happened multiple times. When I hit the gas after slowing down, the vehicle will not move. I will have to jam down on the gas pedal before it does anything. At that point, the RPM's fly up and the car will finally start moving. It is inevitable that this will cause me to get into a car accident and even possibly killed one day. There have been several times where I have been just shy of getting slammed into by oncoming traffic as I turn in from of them cause my vehicle is not moving. Also there have been three instances in which the car will totally stop moving. The car is on, but it will not go. I will hit the gas and nothing happens. I have to shut the car completely off and then back on again in order to get it to move. I have complained to the dealership several times about problems with my vehicle and nothing ever gets done.this is extremely dangerous and I fear for my life cause of this problem that continues to go unheeded by the dealership.

- St. Clair Shores, MI, USA

Mar 282013

Fusion 4-cyl

I was driving through a busy intersection when there was no throttle response at alll. I managed to pull over to the side of the road and shut engine off. Waited a few minutes and restarted engine again. Had no problems for the rest of the day. That evening me and my young son were going out for dinner when I tried to merge into fast moving traffic the throttle response was not there. I had to swerve sharply to the right to avoid being rear ended by a semi-truck going 65 miles an hour. Needless to say I had the vehicule towed to the dealer for repairs. The 3 year warrenty had exspired but the vehicule only had 25000 miles on it.I was quoted around $600 for replacement of the throttle body. This part should not have failed within the amount of miles that wee on it. I feel that Ford Motor Company knows about this problem and is waiting for someone to lose their life before they have a recall on the part.

- Clovis, CA, USA

Mar 292013

Fusion 4-cyl

I have a Ford Fusion SE 2010 with the same throttle body failures reported in the North carlina consumers council report from March 19 2013. The car has appoximately 74000 and pass its warranty. I would like to know what can be done to correct the problem. On the night of March 29, 2013 at approximately 11:30 pm I was driving the Ford Fusion when the car started to buck, the RPM gauge went up to 6 while the car was not exceeding 10 mph, came to a complete stop and the car car would not accelerate while the wrench icon was on, so I coasted the car to a complete stop were I had to turn the car off and then back on to get the acceleration to fully kick back on all this with my wife and two young children in the car.

- Cicero, IL, USA

Mar 142013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle jerked forward harshly and stalled. The contact restarted the vehicle and after driving a few miles the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. After diagnosis, they advised her that the throttle body failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure and current mileages were approximately 20,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jan 092013

Fusion 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving 45 mph, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was merged to the shoulder and was able to be restarted. The contact took the vehicle to a dealer who stated that the fuel throttle body may have caused the failure. The vehicle did not receive a full diagnostic test. The failure mileage was 41,000.

- Pueblo, CO, USA

Aug 212011

Fusion 4-cyl

While going 70 mph on the highway I experienced the same issues. My car stalled out shut off the cruise control and started shaking uncontrollable. I shut off the car and waited about five minutes and started it back up drove maybe another ten miles and it started again. On the following day I took it to the dealership where I purchased it from and they made it seem as if I had no ideal of what I was talking about. Once they realized I knew that it was the throttle body assembly that was the problem I was told that this was not a part that was covered under warranty so I would have to pay for it out of pocket. I took the time to talk to several reps at Ford and I was told that if the mechanic did not think it was defective then there was nothing they could do. I talked to the mechanic at the dealership and they told me that it just stopped working. So I ended up paying $479.05 for a new throttle body assembly and having to be without my car for a total of four day. Only to get it back with a cracked windshield, but that is a different issue.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Feb 102010

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while at a complete stop, the vehicle lunged forward. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure could not be replicated. The vehicle was repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure and current mileages were 60,000.

- Attleboro , MA, USA

Jan 142013

Fusion 6-cyl

The first instance I was driving as normal in my vehicle and with out warning going 50 mph my car shut off with no power or ability to do anything besides to try and coast off the road and out of harm. A wrench light flashes when it occurs. The second time I was making a turn at approx 20 mph in a four way light intersection and lost power over the car again with a wrench light appearing again. The only way to gain power again is to put the car in park turn it off and wait a bit to restart the vehicle. When you restart the car the wrench light is gone and the car acts like there was never a problem and runs smoothly. After a 2 day diagnosis by Ford they state that the throttle body is the cause of the problem. In total I have had this happen 5 times with out any warning going various speeds and luckly avoiding multiple accidents. Like mentioned above after starting the car the wrench light disappears performing as usual.

- Mariposa, CA, USA

Nov 262012

Fusion 6-cyl

Engine stalled requiring me to pull over to the side of the road. Dips and surges in power happen quite frequently.

- Eynon, PA, USA

Jan 242013

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the vehicle experienced sudden acceleration several times. The contact had taken the vehicle to the dealer three times and was told they could not find a problem with the vehicle. The vehicle was scheduled to go back to the dealer. The failure was 8,000 and the current mileage was 9,000. Updated 4/24/13 updated the consumer stated that the dealer advised the consumer was pressing the gas and brake at the same time. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure recurred. 06/10/2013

- Cleveland , OH, USA

Feb 212013

Fusion

Last week, as I was accelerating from a stop, my Ford Fusion cut back to about 5 mph and I slowly chugged home. Turned it off and restarted and still the same. Waited about an hour and restarted and it worked fine. Today as I was coming home at 70 mph it did the same. So I turned the engine off and waited awhile and restarted it. It worked okay. I have read that this a problem with Ford Fusion that is being investigated so I'll like to add my complaint to the investigation.

- Bridge City, TX, USA