2010 Ford Fusion engine problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 38 of 38)

Jun 302010

Fusion

Stopped at a traffic light, waiting to make left turn. Upon accelerating car lurched forward like it was going to come off it's chasis and then lost all acceleration. Car rolled to stop and needed towing dealership had car for 25 days. Claims to have replaced a throttle module which corrected the issue. Ford claimed all defective parts and indicated they had no responsibility to inform me of the defect which caused the incident.

- Oxford, OH, USA

Sep 102010

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated as his wife turned slowly into a parking space, the vehicle suddenly accelerated. Jumped onto the sidewalk and hit a metal railing which in turn broke the store front window. There were no injuries. The following day while sitting at a complete stop, the contact removed his foot from the brake pedal and the vehicle abnormally accelerated again. The contact was able to stop the unintended acceleration by depressing the brakes. The contact called the manufacturer who advised him to take the vehicle to the dealer for diagnosis and possible repairs. The vehicle was not inspected or repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 1,310 and the current mileage was 1,364. Updated 01/06/11. Updated 04/12/11

- Wheaton, MD, USA

Jun 172010

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving 3 mph the vehicle suddenly accelerated up to 30 mph. While trying to stop the vehicle the vehicle it crashed into another vehicle. The contact had to shift the vehicle into park in order to stop the vehicle. The contact was not injured during the crash. The contact did not file a police report. The contact called the manufacturer and they did not provide any assistance. The contact noticed numerous complaints regarding the sudden acceleration problem with this year make and model and refused to drive the vehicle in fear of causing a crash. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Aug 282010

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion sel. The contact stated that when attempting to apply the brakes to park, the vehicle surged forward over two curbs, hit a fence, and continued to accelerate through a field. The air bags did not deploy. There were no injuries. A police report was filed. The contact had not spoken with the manufacturer. The current and failure mileages were approximately 600. Updated 12/7/10

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jul 272010

Fusion 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated while driving at 45 mph, the vehicle abnormally accelerated up to 85 mph. The contact was unable to stop the unintended acceleration by depressing the brake pedal. He then shifted into neutral and applied extreme force to the brake pedal before the vehicle came to a stop. The contact stated as the vehicle was coming to a stop, there was an abnormal increase in engine rpms. He also noticed the floor mats were holding down the accelerator pedal. The contact stated the floor mat was purchased as an aftermarket floor mat. He removed the floor mats and contacted the manufacturer who advised that the failure would not have occurred if the floor mat was purchased from the manufacturer. The contact stated there was no information in the owner's manual pertaining to proper floor mat usage. The failure and current mileages were 250. Updated 10/20/10 updated 10/21/10

- Blairsville, PA, USA

Mar 162010

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated when depressing the accelerator pedal, there was an abnormal increase in engine rpms. The vehicle would sporadically accelerate at a rapid pace. The failure would persist even after the contact would remove her foot from the accelerator pedal. The dealer contacted the manufacturer who advised him not to make any repairs to the vehicle. The manufacturer advised that after sixty days, the vehicle should correct itself. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 1,200 and the current was unknown.

- The Villages, FL, USA

Jun 082010

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph with the cruise control engaged down hill it would not adjust the speed; yet, the rpms increased to 4000 while the engine made a high pitch screaming noise. The vehicle was taken to the dealer to have the software repaired; however, it would not solve the problem. The manufacturer was contacted and stated that it must be a characteristic of the vehicle and they don't know how to repair the failure. The failure and current mileages were 13,000. Updated 10/21/10. The consumer stated instead of slowing the engine down to maintain speed when going down a steep grade, it revs really high. A service technician stated there was definitely something wrong, but there was no fix for it. Updated 10/26/10

- Lindley, NY, USA

Jun 242010

Fusion 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact lightly depressed the accelerator pedal from a complete stop when the vehicle abnormally accelerated at a rapid rate of speed. She was able to stop the unintended acceleration by applying the brakes and moved the vehicle off the roadway. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where the contact was awaiting a diagnosis of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 8,000. Updated 08/11/10. Updated 08/17/10

- Batavia, IL, USA

Jun 162010

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. While driving in extremely heavy traffic approximately between 3-4 mph, an unexpected increase of acceleration occurred. The contact applied pressure to the brake pedal and the vehicle continued to accelerate which caused the vehicle to crash into the proceeding vehicle. There was no personal injury or damage to the vehicle. A police report was not filed. The authorized dealer was notified of the acceleration failure. The contact stated the vehicle would be taken to the authorized dealer for diagnosis. The failure mileage was 960. Updated 07/12/10

- Stamford, CT, USA

Jun 032010

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. While stopped with her foot on the brake, the contact stated that the vehicle attempted to surge forward. The contact applied heavy pressure to the brake to keep the vehicle from moving while it attempted to surge forward three times. Once the engine stopped revving, the contact attempted to accelerate but the vehicle would only move very slowly. The service engine light illuminated on the instrument panel so the contact pulled over and shut off the vehicle. Upon restart the vehicle operated as normal and was towed to an authorized dealership where the contact was told there was nothing wrong with the vehicle. The failure and current mileages were approximately 1,100.

- Troy, MI, USA

May 252010

Fusion

I was driving a Ford Fusion that I had rented from hertz in minot, North Dakota. I was pulling out of the parking space and luckily had my foot on the brake when the car suddenly accelerated. I had to push down very hard on the brake pedal to keep the car under control. I immediately put the car in "park" and the acceleration slowed down. I drove the car that day but reported the incident to hertz and urged them to get the car checked. The Ford Fusion had less than 3000 miles on the odometer so I assume that it was a 2010 model.

- Houston, TX, USA

Apr 162010

Fusion

Several weeks before the incident, I removed the driver's side all-weather floor mat (the factory-developed optional one) from our 2010 Ford Fusion hybrid and tossed it in the trunk. In the days leading up to this incident, the car had been to the body shop and the car wash. As near as I can tell an attendant at one of those places must have discovered the mat in the trunk and "helpfully" reinstalled it. But I didn't notice this right away. When commuting to work on April 16th, I pressed the accelerator to the floor as I moved into a much faster traffic lane. Upon completion of this maneuver I eased up on the gas, but the pedal stayed down and the car kept accelerating, unintentionally at this point. At first I wasn't sure what was going on, but after about 3 or 4 seconds I heard a "click", the pedal returned to normal and the car slowed. It was then that I thought of the all-weather floor mat, and when traffic cleared I tried another experimental full-throttle dab to see if I was correct. It happened again (but I was ready for it), with the pedal releasing on its own after a few seconds, just like before. At this point I was careful not to disturb the mat's position so I could take video of the problem once I arrived at work. Once in the garage, and with the engine off, I was able to replicate the floor mat-throttle interference on-camera. As before, the pedal stayed stuck for about 3 seconds after I pressed it to the floor. I was able to repeat this several times. But in one trial the stuck throttle persisted for over 30 seconds, with the pedal staying stuck despite vigorous stamping in an effort to free it. The only way it came loose was by lifting my heel which, in the normal driving posture, had apparently been pinning the mat down and making it less flexible. With the heel pressure removed, the mat bent up out of the way and the pedal began a slow return. A you tube video link is available upon request.

- Yorba Linda, CA, USA

Apr 152010

Fusion

I bought a 2010 Ford Fusion from shaefer Ford in cumberland md on 3/17/10. On 4/15/10 I was driving on 220 South from my home in bedford to cumberland. I passed a truck and then tried to slow down and the accelerator would not respond to the brake pressure. For over 1 mile I had brake all the way to the floor and the vehicle was still going at 45 mph. I saw 4-5 cars stopped in front of me so I turned off the car and was able to steer to the shoulder and the truck passed me. I called shaeffer Ford and was towed to their lot. I left the car and later that day I was told that the floor pad had hooked onto the accelerator so that it did not decelerate. They said they check everything and that everything was ok and the brakes were not damaged. I drove the car home that afternoon.

- Bedford, PA, USA

Mar 292010

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact was driving into a parking space at 1 mph when the vehicle suddenly lunged forward and crashed into a fenced barrier. There were no injuries but a police report was filed. The vehicle was taken to an automotive body shop but no repairs had been performed. The current and failure mileages were 1,741.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Mar 052010

Fusion

I was pulled into a parking spot in the parking lot of my gym, and the car was close to stopping, or stopped. The car accelerated, and I hit the building. When the crash was over, I looked down and my car's gear was in park. Either the car was already in park, and my foot was still on the brake, or my foot was on the break, and as the car accelerated forward, my hand hit the gear, putting it in park. I have pictures demonstrating skid marks (showing the brakes were engaged). The car is a hybrid model.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Aug 012009

Fusion 4-cyl

Ford Fusion 2010 S - when the brake was depressed the car accelerated until I depressed a second time much harder. The consumer first began to notice the vehicle would intermittently not start in August. He took the vehicle to the dealer, but they were unable to duplicate the problem. The consumer insisted there was a problem and eventually, they found a technical service bulletin that addressed the issue. The problem was attributed to radio frequency intermittently corrupting the crankshaft position sensor and a new ground strip was installed. The problem seemed to be rectified. The weather stripping surrounding the rear window was loose, there was loose metal around the passenger rear wheel.

- Silver Spring, MD, USA

Feb 042010

Fusion

My car is accelerating on its own.

- Clawson, MI, USA

Mar 042010

Fusion

This morning the gas pedal got stuck on the floor and I couldn't stop the car until a couple miles later. Brakes did not stop the car until the gas pedal just came back up from the floor. Please look into this before someone gets killed!!

- Woodbridge, VA, USA