2010 Ford Fusion engine problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 6 of 38)

Dec 312013

Fusion

While driving my 2010 Ford Fusion sel on a back wrong I lost pressure to the throttle. My car had lost all of its speed. Luckily I was able to pull over before a car could hit me. Even if I pushed the gas it would not budge. I believe this is the electronic throttle body causing the problem. This is not the first time it has happened. This the 4 time. I am a college student traveling every day to school and back. Not only on back roads but also on the highway where if I lose my acceleration I could be serious hurt. This is a problem with the car and it needs to be recalled and fixed. My own life is at risk driving this vehicle.

- Southbridge , MA, USA

Dec 162013

Fusion 4-cyl

My 2010 Ford Fusion stalled many times last weekend. I pulled the car over to the side of the road, put it in park, and turned it off and back on, and it ran fine to get me home. I had no further problems with it until today, roughly a week later. It stalled on me twice at speed, and I had to pull over, turn it off, and restart the engine, upon which it ran fine. Each time it stalled, the wrench icon lit up on the dashboard after it stalled, but did not stay on once the engine was restarted. Today after the third stall, I noticed the car was kind of jerking as I pulled it to a stop, but as I pressed the gas nothing happened. I was told by Ford that this is the throttle position sensor (tps). This switch almost got me killed in heavy traffic more than once and it's a matter of time before someone get killed because Ford has yet to recall this part!!!

- Lancaster, TX, USA

Jun 182013

Fusion 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact was driving approximately 40 mph when the vehicle suddenly lost power and would not accelerate. The vehicle was transported to the dealer where the electronic throttle body was replaced. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 43,000....updated 01-30-14 updated 01/30/14

- Goddard, KS, USA

Oct 012012

Fusion 4-cyl

On my way to work doing approximately 45 mph when car lost power. The route I take has a high volume of semi truck traffic. Afraid that I would be rear ended I coasted to the side of the road. Turned the car off and restarted it and was able to proceed. This happened several times over the course of the next month until I could not get it to move had it towed they replaced the throttle body in Dec. Of 2012. It is now Dec. Of 2013 and the throttle body needs to be replaced again at 48000 miles. This is not only dangerous but costly.

- Schaumburg,, IL, USA

Dec 182013

Fusion

Yesterday, 12-18-13 while driving at approx. 65 mph on highway car throttle stopped responding and went into rough idle. Did same thing 4 times and I narrowly escaped being rear ended. Had to get to side of road and turn off engine. After letting car set for approximately 2 minutes car restarted and seemed to run fine until the next unpredictable incident. Today 12-19-13 on way to dealership pulled into traffic and was almost broadsided. Almost being killed 4 times in 24 hrs. Suggests a major safety issue. Dealership was aware of problem as soon as I mentioned it indicating this was not first time. Dealership fixed issue even before discussing price as they said I could not drive car if this part was not replaced (again indicating a major safety issue that they were already aware of). According to NHTSA action # PE13003 this complaint has been under investigation since Feb. 21, 2013. I feel this issue needs to be addressed before it leads to fatalities. Called Ford customer service on this date and was given very little assistance on the issue other than they would report it for internal investigation. Feel that an immediate recall should be issued.

- Haines City, FL, USA

Dec 172013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving approximately 50 mph, the vehicle exhibited a consistent and violent vibration. The vehicle was towed to an authorized dealer, who stated that the throttle body would need to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 28,520.

- Youngsville, NC, USA

Dec 132013

Fusion 4-cyl

I've only had this car (Ford Fusion 2010) for 7 months since then I've only had problems after problems. The dealer warranty was only good for 2 months and within the two months I've taken it back to the that sold me this car at least 3 times for different reasons. As of today I had to take the car to Ford dealership to have service done which cost me $543.69. The throttle body and motor asy needed to be replace. So not happy with this car at all..

- New Brunswick, NJ, USA

Nov 102013

Fusion 4-cyl

I was driving northbound on interstate 5 in seattle when I suddenly felt a "tug" and lost all power to the engine and the "wrench" light came on. I was able to maneuver to the right-hand lane where the car lost all power to the engine and died in the middle of the high bridge. The electrical remained on. A state trooper pushed us off the highway and I had the car toward towed. My mechanic replaced the battery but a month later (Dec. 15) the same thing happened again in nearly the same location (montlake exit of I-5 northbound). This time I was able to start it back up and drive it home. The dealer (autonation in bellevue) diagnosed a faulty throttle body. This is very similar to incidents being investigated by NHTSA per a report in usa today: www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/02/25/probe-Ford-cars-SUVS-stalling/1945799/.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Dec 092013

Fusion

This problem has happened twice within the past 3 days. At the first occurrence, we were driving rather slowly, appx. 35 mph. The car lost power without warning, and started misfiring violently. Depressing the fuel pedal had no effect. The yellow wrench warning icon on the dash was lit. We were going down a slight hill on side street, so it was easy to drift to the side of the road. We put the car in park and allowed it to run for a few minutes, but it continued to misfire and seemed starved for fuel. It did keep running for about 5-10 minutes more before we shut it off. While waiting for the tow truck, my husband tried restarting the car. It started immediately and ran fine with no warning lights. The next day the mechanic checked it but could find no issue or record of an error code. He added "dry gas" in case the problem was due to water freezing in the fuel line. The weather is quite cold. The third day (today) I filled the fuel tank and added another bottle of "dry gas". I drove appx 35 miles (in several segments) then the problem happened again. This time I was in traffic, going appx 55 miles per hour. The behavior was identical: Pronounced misfiring, no power, fuel pedal had no effect, wrench warning light on. I was fortunate to have barely enough momentum to get most of the way off the highway. This time I restarted the car after about 10 seconds. Again, it started right up and I was able to drive the final 6 miles of my commute. In researching the problem, it seems that the cause may be the throttle assembly. We will be taking the car back to the repair shop and I will be happy to report back on the resolution.

- Mohnton, PA, USA

Dec 102013

Fusion 4-cyl

I was driving at 50mph, suddenly the car would no longer accelerate. Luckily I was able to coast to a pull off section on side of road. Tool light came on. Turned car off and then back on and was able to keep going. Throttle body is cause.

- Kelso, WA, USA

Aug 102013

Fusion 4-cyl

After accelerating away from a stop-sign the engine abruptly began to run exceedingly poorly, and lost nearly all power. I was unable to accelerate or maintain speed. After pulling onto the shoulder and stopping I was able to restart the car, but attempts to drive it would result in stalling at about 5mph. After about perhaps 50 feet. The car was subsequently towed to the dealership where the throttle-body was replaced at my cost.

- Cary, NC, USA

Sep 122013

Fusion 6-cyl

Driving down the interstate and the car jerks and then decelerates, cannot push the gas as it will do nothing, the transmission light comes on and you have to pull over shut the car off and let it sit for a minute and crank it back up. This happened only once at first, however, now occurs very frequently during interstate driving. So I called the Ford dealership, to get a price check on the part as computer threw code P2111, who advised that this is a common issue with this car and cannot understand why Ford has not done a re-call on the throttle body issue. I really think someone needs to do something about this before someone gets seriously hurt or killed from their vehicle just deciding it wants to decelerate while driving.

- Lexington, NC, USA

Feb 112013

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving 20 mph, he attempted to accelerate but the accelerator pedal sunk into the floorboard. The failure was recurring. The contact was able to disengage the pedal by tapping it twice. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but the technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 21,000 and the current mileage was 26,000. Updated 3/5/14 updated 03/21/14

- Excelsior Springs, MO, USA

Sep 302013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving approximately 70 mph, there was a sudden loss of acceleration power as the check engine light and the wrench warning icon illuminated. The contact mentioned that the failure recurred twice. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the throttle body assembly needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The vehicle was repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000 and the current mileage was 53,000.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Dec 022013

Fusion

Car driving fine when it suddenly loses all throttle response. The little orange wrench light comes on. Pulled car over to the shoulder and turned off the ignition. When I turned the car back on, it began working again. This is the second time this has happened. The first incident was a few weeks ago. Very dangerous to lose throttle response. Upon checking internet it appears that this problem is not uncommon. You need to look into this and get Ford issue a recall.

- Shoreview, MN, USA

Nov 262013

Fusion 4-cyl

Vehicle stalled and went into limp mode causing me to have to pull to the side of the road. After stopping and restarting the car the car drove fine. Car was diagnosed at a local Ford dealer with a faulty throttle body.

- Pewaukee, WI, USA

Nov 232013

Fusion 4-cyl

While driving my 2010 Ford Fusion I experienced something I was at a red light. While driving my car shook heavy 3 times I suddenly pulled over to check out the problem I pulled off after pulling over the problem occurred again then it suddenly accelerated in its own I applied the brake then tried to accelerate but my car didn't move I accelerated one more time my car then shook then took off. I found a forum website called fordfusion.net even on the motor trend website several people speak of once having this problem I'm having with my Ford Fusion Ford doesn't want to do anything about it because they said I'm not under warranty I feel I shouldn't have to pay for something that was once on recall with this car I work and I'm in grad school my car is a must have for me I don't know what to do I even informed Ford that their was several people on a website online that complained about the same problem even after the problem was fixed this is my first vehicle I've owned I'm in disbelief and really regret purchasing a Ford car please help me.

- Chicago , IL, USA

Nov 212013

Fusion

Driver was driving vehicle home from work when the acceleration stopped working while she was driving. Driver stated that she heard a clunking noise when the acceleration stopped working that sounded almost like the vehicle was running out of gas, only the tank was full at the time. Vehicle was towed to Ford dealership where it was determined that the throttle body had failed.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Nov 162013

Fusion 4-cyl

Going down 4 lane road at 45-50 mph. Vehicle lost power & idle ability. Shut it off & after a few minutes, it started up again but continued to repeat this malfunction several times. Dealer checked codes & replaced electronic throttle body control & emissions purge valve. Informed that this was common problem, but not covered by warranty.

- Stone Mountain, GA, USA

Nov 182013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while traveling approximately 55 mph, the vehicle suddenly lost acceleration power. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was found that the throttle body had failed. The vehicle was being repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 37,000.

- Vista, CA, USA