2010 Ford Fusion engine problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 1 of 38)

Oct 132016

Fusion

My vehicle has the tendency of reducing acceleration, when you are driving at a speed of 35 or above the car will slow down and almost come to a complete stop. If you are in the fast lane and your car will not accelerate what can you do if there is lots of traffic behind you, this will definitely cause an accident because you have no where to go and cars are right up on you. This is an accident waiting to happen. This problem has happened to me 4 times when I was on just the streets and not the highway, I was going 45 mph and all of a sudden my car loses speed and it went all the way down and no matter how much I tried to accelerate it would not go any faster, so I coasted over to the side of the road and turned the engine off and called my son to meet me because I didn't know if it would start again. It did but the engine light stayed on. I started driving it again and it did the same thing. I got a little closer to home and pulled over to this exxon gas station; sit there until my son came and he started it again and he followed me home. A few days later it did it again; it has done this 4 times even this morning on my way to the Ford dealership whom I thought was going to fix the problem but wanted me to pay them $115 out of pocket for a diagnostic that I should not be paying anything that is their mistake or mess up. I will see if I can round up enough complaints for a class action lawsuit, because why would I have to pay for something that's their fault when the car was built.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Oct 142016

Fusion 4-cyl

This instance vehicle going steady 35mph and started revving RPM's up like it was going to shift into another gear, it then slammed and jerked the car and started the revving again. Stopped at a stop light and turned left, while turning and hitting accelerator the car did not want to move and started revving again and then slammed and jerked almost making the person behind me rear end me. Previous instance was a steady 75 mph on the flat highway and the same revving and slam/jerking had happened. 5th time it's done it this year alone. 13 times since 2011. This instance the orange wrench light came on the dash. Car is at dealership to get looked at. This is very unsafe especially since it is erratic and does it at any time it feels like. This car is not safe to have my family in.

- South Lyon, MI, USA

Aug 242016

Fusion

Takata recall- my car stalls and doesnt turn all the way. If I slow down or stop the car will give out I got a diagnostic done three times and three different things came up and I got all the fix but it still do the same thing I see other people that have the same car have the same problem I was on the expressway when this did this this is very dangerous

- Chicago, IL, USA

Aug 182016

Fusion

While driving, the vehicle will stall, the orange wrench comes on on the dash board. The car will remain running while idling roughly. After restarting the car a few times it will start and appear fine with no symptoms and no check engine lights on. However, the car will do the exact same thing randomly, it might be the next day or an hour from then. I checked the code while the orange wrench light was on and got a P2111 code (throttle actuator control system). Called Ford to have them repair it since it is under warranty, and I was told that since the orange wrench light isn't on right this moment, that they will have to try test driving it longer to get it to act up before Ford will allow them to replace it. The vehicle is at the dealership now.

- Laporte, IN, USA

Aug 312016

Fusion

Several months ago, in the middle of a busy intersection, my car unexpectedly shook and went to "limp" mode in the middle of a busy intersection with the wrench light coming on. I pulled into the closest driveway after putting on my hazards and, after turning off the engine, restarted the car, which took about about 5 seconds of trying to turn over the ignition. Since that time, the same problem has happened at least two dozen times, sometimes several times in a row; and the rest of the time, the rpms flutter in an irregular way. I do mostly city driving and have thankfully been able to avoid an accident when having to pull over and restart; but in each case, it is not a good situation. By all accounts online, this is a very frequent problem and due to a faulty throttle body. Notably, the problem with my car began to occur at around 45,000 miles, which is typical from what I've read of other complaints. This seems much too early, much too common, and much too dangerous of a problem for it not to be covered under an extended warranty or recall. There was, in fact, an extended warranty, but it expired in early 2015. I was told by the local dealer that it would cost $600 to repair.

- New Haven, CT, USA

Aug 192016

Fusion

On 6/2/15 while driving on freeway at 70 mph, car started shaking, speed dropped, couldn't accelerate. I was able to get car to side of road. Shut car off. After few minutes started car and was able to drive it at 25 mph to get it off fwy but was operating in low power mode. Drove it to dealer in low power mode. Throttle body was replaced and covered under Ford recall. Now on 8/19/16 the same thing happened to me on way to work. Again had my husband follow me to dealer in low power mode. Dealer could not diagnose problem because car was not having problem by the time they got around to it. They couldn't duplicate problem so nothing they could do. This is the same thing that happened to me 1 year ago so I feel it is related to the throttle body which they replaced under Ford recall, but they insist it is not the throttle body. This is a very serious safety issue which Ford knows about it because there are hundreds of complaints online for this issue. Does someone have to be seriously hurt for them to do something about this. I have never in my life had this happen with any other cars I have owned over the years.

- Royal Oak, MI, USA

Aug 162016

Fusion

Service engine light remained on along with throttle wrench light...car shaking little power....pulled over, restart car lights still on, slow drive and shaky ride home..

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jul 012015

Fusion

The night we bought this car, used from a Ford dealer, it wouldn't go in reverse without jumping/bucking. They were swift to give us a loaner while they "reprogramemd" the car. Now, it all makes sense. They put a bandaid on it until we couldn't return it. Since then, just over 2yrs ago, we have had throttle replaced X3, cleaned once for $250 (while on the way South for vaca, we got stuck hundreds of miles from hm until Ford dealer opened 2 days later.) this car has stranded us three diff times while out of state on vaca. Now while on interstate, the wrench light will go on, the car starts bucking and acting like a manual in the wrong gear. But, has no acceleration. Just revs to 4K-6K rpms. Dangerous almost being run over by semis going full speed behind you or having to try and cross 5 lanes of traffic to get to emergency lane--with no acceleration! this car is a dangerous death trap. Shocking to me how Ford hasn't stood behind their vehicles. We, as a huge extended family, have always stood behind Ford. Always bought Ford. Now, we have been duped by them. They knowingly sold us a faulty car, putting thousands of other buyers in danger as well, and haven't done a thing to prove to the consumers that they care about us as customers or one iota about our lives. If Ford doesn't recall these, I know we will see deaths from it. Its prob going to be the next automotive world scandel like the airbags. Our Fusion is an expensive piece of metal, with a huge pymt, just sitting in our driveway useless. Somehow, we have to figure a way to save thousands for a transmission on a 6yr old car. Never thought Ford would turn out to treat their loyal customers this way.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Aug 102016

Fusion

Sudden stalling or acceleration. Engine light comes on and off depending on how many times I start the car. My car stalled out and died I waited five minutes and restarted it and it seemed fine. This has happened twice. Now my car suddenly stalls and I have no control on the throttle. When I give it gas it just creeps along. Limp home mode. I was in otion on a city street and barely had enough control to get over on a side street safely with my child in the car.

- Springfield, OR, USA

Mar 232016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. While driving 65 mph, the accelerator pedal was depressed, but the vehicle failed to accelerate. The check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the throttle control body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken to another independent mechanic who diagnosed that the accelerator pedal needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure persisted. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 40,000.

- Barrington, IL, USA

Oct 022014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. While driving 55 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. Afterwards, the throttle body and transmission warning lights illuminated. The contact was on the highway when the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to drive after restarting the vehicle. The dealer was notified, but the vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure recurred multiple times since the first failure. The contact notified another dealer where it was diagnosed that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The failure mileage was 84,000.

- Eure, NC, USA

Jun 232016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. While the vehicle was stopped at an intersection, it lost power while attempting to accelerate. The vehicle rolled as if it were shifted into neutral. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the throttle body assembly failed and needed to replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,180.

- Austin, TX, USA

Jun 292016

Fusion

My son was driving on the interstate when all of a sudden the car lost power and he could not accelerate. He had to cross lanes to pull over to the shoulder. Turned the car off and then restarted. Car ran okay. I called Ford after this happened twice. They informed me that the car was over the mileage allowed and was not covered. They said they sent out a csp#13N03. I did not receive this letter. I think that this should be a safety recall and not just a bulletin. He almost got hit both times when this happened.

- Roanoke, TX, USA

Jun 012013

Fusion

Fuel cap codes, emission control codes and throttle actuator control code are now on all the time. I had taken it back to Ford, but light had went out at the time. I was told that the codes do not log in ECM. I was told they could hook up equipment, there would be no codes and the cost $90. I left. On a short trip this weekend we had problems with all codes staying on and new one for throttle when cruise would not set. I stopped at autozone and they could print out stored codes. They are P0455, P0457, P2119. They have preformed and throttle recall once and I have a letter from Ford about a recall, but no response as of yet. As of today the dash service wrench has reset. The problems start over a year ago on trips to fla. But lights always seamed to reset after several key recycles. Thanks david wood

- Brownsburg, IN, USA

Jun 232016

Fusion

Will approaching a stop light on goddard and fort St. Car accelerated while my foot was on the brake started across fort St against red light while I wash playing dodgem card only way to stop car was to slam it in park and turn it off this is the second time this has happened the first time I started car and motor racing turned off to stop.

- Taylor, MI, USA

Apr 262016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. While driving 68 mph, the vehicle lost acceleration intermittently and a repair service light illuminated. The contact pulled over, shut off, and restarted the vehicle. The service engine soon light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 120,000.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Jan 092016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the speedometer did not function properly, the automatic door locks did not function, the digital odometer did not function properly, and the vehicle intermittently did not accelerate even when the accelerator pedal was depressed. In addition, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the speed sensor was defective and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure.the failure mileage was approximately 75,000.

- Clinton, NY, USA

Aug 112015

Fusion 4-cyl

2010 Ford Fusion. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle electronic throttle body recall repairs. The consumer stated her son's vehicle broke down and had to be towed. The problem, was with a part that had been recalled. The consumer stated she never received any information regarding a recall.

- Toledo, OH, USA

Jun 182015

Fusion

The car would not accelerate beyond 5. - 10 mph, while in motion, no matter how far the accelerater was depressed. It was driven to the closest repair shop and we were to, D it was the throttle body. The repair has worked to date.

- Savage, MN, USA

Jun 242015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. While driving at approximately 60 mph, the check engine light illuminated intermittently. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the computer reflash needed to be repaired. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure persisted. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the throttle body needed to be repaired. The contact returned to the dealer with the diagnosis, but the technician refused to repair the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 75,363. Updated 1/15/16

- Waynesville, NC, USA