2010 Ford Fusion seat belts / air bags problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Nov 042014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while operating the vehicle, the driver side air bag light illuminated for approximately 2 weeks before turning off. Once the driver side light turned off, the passenger side air bag sensor light would illuminate for approximately 2 weeks. The contact indicated that the failure would recurred with and with out passengers in the seats. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 95,000.

- Hebron, MD, USA

Dec 152014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. While driving at various speeds, the air bag light illuminated continuously. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, where it was diagnosed that the computer module was short circuiting and needed to be replaced and reprogrammed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 58,000.

- Rochester Hill, MI, USA

Jan 122015

Fusion

Airbag light comes on. I took vehicle to dealer and they stated the sensors in the seats are bad. Airbag won't deploy in an accident with error. They are wanting to charge over $1000 to fix. This vehicle has not be in an accident and should not be having airbag problems at 5 years old. I did have a recall on a 2001 Ford escape of 12V353000. I did have the speed control stick causing a head on collision at 60 mph breaking my back and shoulder. The airbags not deploying in an accident would cause severe injury and needs to be fixed.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Nov 192014

Fusion 4-cyl

The occupant weight sensor failed in the passenger side seat, responsible for air bag deployment. The canister purge valve got stuck causing stalls when starting after refueling and stalls off the line starts putting the car/passengers at risks during turns crossing oncoming traffic, started at 56,000 miles.

- Overland Park, KS, USA

Nov 212014

Fusion 4-cyl

My airbag light remains on, and I didn't know if there was a recall?

- Ctr Ossipee, NH, USA

Jan 182014

Fusion

A drunk driver hit me twice the car was totaled, right rear damages, left front, and right front. I was hit on the right rear twice, hit a tree on the right front side than spun hit a log and a fence and than a large tree, the girl was going about 65 or 70 miles a hour.

- Hayesville, NC, USA

Jul 162012

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the vehicle was repaired. The failure recurred. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 42,000.

- Ellicott City, MD, USA

Jun 152014

Fusion

The contact owns 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated while at a stop sign he was rear ended by another vehicle which caused him to crash into the back of another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. There were no injuries. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who was unable to determine the cause of failure. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000.

- San Lorenzo, CA, USA

Dec 232013

Fusion

While waiting for a traffic light, without any warning a truck hit me in the rear and pushed me in front of the van also waiting for a traffic light. As a result my car sustained major damage to the rear and front and also my rear window was completely busted out. My air bag never deployed. My car was totaled. I was Transport to the hospital by ambulance. I sustained a concussion and injuries to my neck, back, wrist, knees, ankles, feet and arms etc. I have numbness in my toes and radiates down my arms and legs. My face was swollen and have painful pressure and numbness in my face. I also suffer from sleepless nights from the pain and headache daily. And a host of other symptoms. I am haunted by this day and can still hear the initial bang and the feeling like I was going to be crushed.

- Barnegat, NJ, USA

Oct 302013

Fusion 4-cyl

During the month of September, my car began suddenly shutting off while I was driving. This happened multiple times on the highway and surface roads. I would pull over, turn the car off and wait a few minutes. The car would work fine afterwards. I first had the battery checked which revealed a bad battery, I had it replaced. The car continued to have symptoms after the new battery was installed. I also noticed the stalling happened more when I filled the gas tank completely. I finally took the car back to the place I purchased it for diagnostics. I discovered that the throttle body was defective. I was told by a tech that the manufacturer had assembled new throttle bodies to replace the originals as the original throttle body did not work properly. Apparently, the intake was not opening/closing properly therefore the engine was not getting enough gas at times. The shop was able to pull codes from the previous stall events, P2111 & P2112. They replaced the throttle body assembly, ~ $300. I see many complaints regarding this issue and expect/hope a recall will be issued in the near future. As a side note, my ABS light was on as well. There was a known recall on the driver's side air bag assembly, shorted to ground. Ford replaced the air bag assembly at no charge. I hope this information is helpful.

- Richardson, TX, USA

Sep 202013

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph, the power steering warning light illuminated as the steering wheel became extremely loose, making it difficult to control the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure and current mileage was 56,000. Updated 10/29/13 the consumer stated the warning light for the throttle body illuminated. The throttle body was repaired but the failure recurred. The air bag light illuminates periodically. Updated 10/30/2013

- Carthage, TX, USA

Sep 122012

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact was in traffic and neither the brake pedal nor the accelerator pedal was depressed when the vehicle began to roll forward. Immediately, the vehicle abnormally accelerated to 35 mph. The contact attempted to control the unintended acceleration but the steering wheel and the brakes had become operable. As a result, the contact crashed into another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy and the front driver side seat belt did not restrain the contact properly. The contact sustained a fractured toe, a bruised sternum and bruising to the forehead. The police reported to the scene and a police report was filed. The contact was transported to the hospital via ambulance. The police inspected the vehicle but could not determine the cause of the failure. The vehicle was towed to a collision center and the manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The manufacturer advised the contact that an engineer would be sent to inspect the vehicle. Prior to the crash, the contact noticed slight surging and had taken to the vehicle to the dealer for diagnostic testing where the technician recalibrated the computer. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 36,000.

- Covina, CA, USA

Jul 252012

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the vehicle was rear ended by another vehicle traveling 50 mph while the contact was sitting idle. The driver and passenger side air bags deployed. The lid to the passenger side air bag compartment exploded and bore a hole the size of a fist through the front windshield. The driver and passenger sustained neck, back, chest and rib injuries from the impact. The contact was concerned with the manner in which the air bags deployed. The vehicle was destroyed. The current and failure mileage was 30,000.

- Austin, TX, USA

Jun 012011

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion hybrid. A vehicle crashed into the drivers side of the contacts vehicle and the air bag did not deploy. There were no injuries. A police report was filed. The dealer and manufacturer were contacted and stated that since his insurance was investigating the situation, they could not offer any assistance. The vehicle was towed to a holding station and was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 37,000.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

Nov 012010

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated intermittently. The dealer made two attempts to diagnose the failure. The air bag sensor was replaced; however, the warning light continued to illuminate. The vehicle was being repaired by an authorized dealer. The current mileage was approximately 6,000. The failure mileage was approximately 4,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Concord, CA, USA

Mar 102010

Fusion

I bought a Ford Fusion 2010, Jan 6, servicetrack light stays on, did not drive. Jan 8, send to dealer, dealer said rcm(module controls airbag, etc) is not working, order rcm from Ford. They replaced the rcm for the new car, and I noticed that "serviceadvansetrac " prompt user at the start, comes with a warning sound, annoy and feels very unsafe, I deal with Ford but they claim it is normal!!!!!. I think that this is still problem from rcm and it controls air bag, I am very very upset about the car.

- Harrison, NJ, USA