2010 Ford Fusion seat belts / air bags problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Nov 012016

Fusion

Letter from senator nelson on behalf of constituent re 2010 Ford Fusion recall for takata airbags.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Jun 152016

Fusion

Takata recall - Ford has failed to provide a timely fix for my airbag defect. Given this is a safety issue that could cause injury or death, I consider this unacceptable that after nearly six month I have been offered no solution. I find it hard to believe Ford has no replacement airbags. I am sure if I were in an accident requiring replacement of a deployed bag paid for by me or insurance, the body shop would have one. This is simply Ford waiting for takata to provide one for free instead of just giving me one they already have. I guess if it kills me, then Ford will enjoy paying my survivors millions instead of giving me a 300 dollar air bag up front.

- Madison, AL, USA

Oct 132016

Fusion

My vehicle has the tendency of reducing acceleration, when you are driving at a speed of 35 or above the car will slow down and almost come to a complete stop. If you are in the fast lane and your car will not accelerate what can you do if there is lots of traffic behind you, this will definitely cause an accident because you have no where to go and cars are right up on you. This is an accident waiting to happen. This problem has happened to me 4 times when I was on just the streets and not the highway, I was going 45 mph and all of a sudden my car loses speed and it went all the way down and no matter how much I tried to accelerate it would not go any faster, so I coasted over to the side of the road and turned the engine off and called my son to meet me because I didn't know if it would start again. It did but the engine light stayed on. I started driving it again and it did the same thing. I got a little closer to home and pulled over to this exxon gas station; sit there until my son came and he started it again and he followed me home. A few days later it did it again; it has done this 4 times even this morning on my way to the Ford dealership whom I thought was going to fix the problem but wanted me to pay them $115 out of pocket for a diagnostic that I should not be paying anything that is their mistake or mess up. I will see if I can round up enough complaints for a class action lawsuit, because why would I have to pay for something that's their fault when the car was built.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Nov 012016

Fusion

I have called the dealer 2 xs now and neither time have they had the part that needs to be fixed from the recall. I also just found out that there is a 2nd recall on my vehicle. I would like a new vehicle- a trade in asap. As one of these can result in death and my children are at risk.

- Rodeo, CA, USA

Jun 102016

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Santa Clarita, CA, USA

Oct 102016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. While idling at a stop light to make a left turn, another vehicle crashed into the contact's vehicle. None of the air bags deployed. The driver sustained a sprained wrist, neck, and shoulder pains. The other two occupants sustained whiplash. Medical attention was received. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed and destroyed. The vehicle was inspected by two claim adjustors and the contact was waiting on a response from the manufacturer to determine if they could inspect and diagnose the air bag failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Nov 202015

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V384000 (air bags) and 15V793000 (fuel system, gasoline). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Vernon, TX, USA

Feb 022016

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags), however the part to do the recall repair was not yet available. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms remedy not yet available.

- Pulaski, TN, USA

Sep 242016

Fusion

It's the recall with the throttle body. I've taken car back 3 times already. First they replace purge valve. Then light came back on and car was jumping forward. Now this is 3rd time light back on and now they won't fix car unless I pay. They said it's all a part of the same system but I need to pay for a leak that is coming from filter neck. So I left. I shouldn't have to pay for this. This is a recall. Does this qualify under lemon law? this car scares me to drive. Drive with both foot on gas and brakes.

- Ontario, CA, USA

Sep 282016

Fusion

The contact owned a 2010 Ford Fusion. While driving approximately 40 mph and turning left, the steering wheel seized and the "steering wheel default" warning message illuminated. The contact lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a tree. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The driver and passenger sustained unknown injuries that required medical attention. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic and deemed destroyed. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V793000 (steering). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Jackson, MS, USA

Sep 272016

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags). However, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Palm Bay, FL, USA

Sep 192016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V384000 (air bags) and another one for the fuel system. The parts for the recall repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The NHTSA campaign number for the fuel system was unknown. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Thrall, TX, USA

Jul 082016

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

May 092016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 92,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Greenville, NC, USA

Jan 102016

Fusion

Vehicle, while stationary, was struck by another vehicle at a hight rate of speed on driver side of vehicle. Major T-bone side impact collision but side airbags failed to deploy, resulting in severe injury to driver.

- Waukee, IA, USA

Jun 022014

Fusion

I was driving on the highway and the roads were bumpy which caused the airbag light to turn on. The light does not turn off even after the car is turned off and on again. The car is in need of repair.

- Bronx Ny, NY, USA

Jun 012015

Fusion

Airbag control module failed. Had to replace. Airbag light was flashing, then remained on. Took vehicle to dealer. Control module found to be bad.

- Reisterstown, MD, USA

Oct 012014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the air bag wires failed and caused the air bag warning light to remain illuminated. The dealer performed a diagnostic, which located a failure code that the air bag wires were loose. The dealer adjusted the air bag wires; however, the repair did not correct the failure. The dealer performed a second diagnostic, which located a failure code for which the air bag restraint module needed to be replaced. The restraint module was not replaced. The contact also stated that the heated seat feature failed due to defective seat covers that caused the heating system wires to loosen. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 60,000.

- Cincinnati , OH, USA

Apr 242015

Fusion

The car dash warning lights started to come on one by one. The warning chimes also kept going off dash lights would fade in and out. The air bags would turn off as well as the ABS warning lights would come on. In addition to that the security systems would engage causing the car not to run. I brought car to the dealer and they said it wasn't safe to drive the car. The teach had issues figuring out the problem and said they have never seen before. I was able to find several other owners of the same car and year with the same issue. There is even a you tube video of it happening as well as comments from others with the same issue. The tech had to get Ford engineers involved who also had issues figuring out the problem. It took six weeks! I do not understand if there was others who have had this issue that they have no clue. It cost me 1400 to fix it and where this is a safety issue where air bags as well as security systems effects the car it should be at minimal a bulletin if not a recall. Computer was replaced and there was a faulty wire shorting out the system....updated 07/30/15

- Atkinsom, NH, USA

Feb 102015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. While operating the vehicle, the air bag sensor remained illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the passenger seat air bag was faulty and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 28,000.

- Frisco, TX, USA