2010 Ford Fusion steering problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 11 of 30)

Oct 152015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving 45 mph, the steering wheel became difficult to maneuver and the power steering failed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the power steering rack and pinion needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Austin, TX, USA

Dec 162015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving at 50 mph, the steering wheel became difficult to turn. The power steering assist warning light illuminated. The vehicle was pulled over and shut down. The vehicle was able to be restarted. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 101,000.

- Wendell, NC, USA

Dec 082015

Fusion

I was driving my vehicle on 12/08/2015 when all of a sudden a light stating " power steering assist fault service advancetrac I called the Ford dealer and they stated that I would have to take the vehicle to get inspected. The car is not drivable. I almost got into a huge wreck when this happened.

- Tracy, CA, USA

Apr 142015

Fusion

I had a flat tire, I drove a couple of blocks on a residential road to get to a safe area to change tire, two sensors went off, low tire pressure, and power steering sensor, at this point it became to steer vehicle, power steering sensor remained on, even after restarting, and changing the flat tire. I took it to pat miliken Ford dealer, located on telegraph rd. 4/16/2015 the mechanics there reset the computer, to no avail, power steering sensor now needs to be replaced, I was charged $1,872.05 for that repair, I have had many flats in life but none this exspensive. I noticed that there was a electronic power steering failure recall notice: Date opened 10/02/2014 recall#15V340000, date closed:09/10/2015, yet I never received any notice, my vehicle is registered, no change in address. When I had reviewed rather or not there was a recall for power steering issues at time of my flat tire I could not find any, but found a lot of complaints. I did contact the news, because based on the complaints I was seeing, I thought how dangerous, I had gotten this car for my daughter to drive, and I was ignorant to your existance how do I get Ford to reimburse me for this very expensive flat tire. My vehicle is now at pat miliken for a gas leak! I am hoping you can help, I was not sure where else to file a complaint.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Nov 302015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 15 mph and attempting to make a left turn, the steering wheel seized. An unknown warning light illuminated. The vehicle was towed to the dealer who diagnosed that the power steering rack system needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000. The VIN was not available.

- Riverhead, NY, USA

Dec 122015

Fusion

Power steering went out {power steering failure} vehicle was stationary. Was told by Ford dealership it could be the steering gear at a cost of $1656.59.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Dec 102015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated while driving at approximately 35 mph, the steering wheel seized. The service advanced auto track and the power steering warning indicators illuminated. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 84,000. The VIN was not available.

- Haverhill, MA, USA

Dec 062015

Fusion

While driving at highway speed 65 mph or so got a power steering warning message on the dash. The car continued to drive fine until we got home. The next morning we went to leave the and immediately upon starting the vehicle I got a "service power steering now" message and had no power assist making the car almost impossible to drive safely. There has been a recall issued from Ford for the 2011-2012 models but nothing for the 2010 with the exact same part number steering rack that is in all three years. The recall needs to be expanded to the 2010 models.

- Pflugerville, TX, USA

Dec 042015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. While driving approximately 30 mph, the power steering warning indicator illuminated and the steering wheel became extremely difficult to manuever. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 73,000.

- Slidell, LA, USA

Dec 022015

Fusion

I was driving.making a turn and steering light came on, trac light came on then lost steering control very hard to steer to side of road. Very lucky no accident.

- Pontiac, MI, USA

Dec 022015

Fusion

Went to go somewhere. Cranked the car. Steering wheel would not turn. Left stranded in a parking lot>

- Seneca, SC, USA

Nov 292015

Fusion

Power steering failed. The car was stationary. It seems there are recalls for other model years but not 2010. If recalling 2011 and 2012, I'm guessing a recall should include 2010 as well or any model year that is showing the same issues as a recall. Dealership wants to charge $1,600 to repair.

- Livonia, MI, USA

Nov 262015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. While driving at approximately 10 mph after the front passenger side tire blew out, the steering wheel became difficult to turn. The service power steering now warning indicator illuminated. The contact merged to the shoulder of the road and replaced the tire, but the steering wheel failure persisted. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V340000 (steering). The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 168,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Shelby, NC, USA

Nov 242015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 35 mph, the advanced tracking and the power steering warning lights illuminated continuously. In addition, an unknown tire was flat and the steering wheel seized. The contact mentioned that air was added to the tire. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure was undetermined. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 125,000.

- Hyattsville, GA, USA

Nov 222015

Fusion

While in motion, at 40 mph, the front panel error messages, "service power steering now" & "service advancetrac" displayed. I fortunately avoided traffic and pulled into a parking lot off a major roadway in the city of suwanee, Georgia. All power steering was lost. This seems to fall under the following preliminary evaluation #PE14030.

- Sugar Hill, GA, USA

Nov 182015

Fusion

I was pulling out of a parking lot when I realized I wasn't able to turn my steering wheel. I saw the alert message "power steering assist fault." I pulled back into my parking spot, restarted my car, and was able to drive and use the steering wheel just fine. This has actually happened several times before when starting my car but I thought my car just needed to 'warm up.' This was the first time it didn't work after waiting a few moments. I researched other complaints online and I'm seeing that this issue has happened to other Ford Fusion 2010 owners while they were driving, and many of the cases resulted in accidents. Also, issue with impaired lug nuts. Some car shops have been unable to rotate my tires because they couldn't get them off.

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Nov 192015

Fusion

While driving the service power steering now light and the advance trac light came on. Car got hard to steer. Came to a stop and had no power steering. This is the second time this has happened to this car.

- Lawson, MO, USA

Oct 082013

Fusion

While driving the service power steering now and the advance trac light came on. Car became hard to steer. Pulled into a parking lot, turned off the car and restarted. Complete loss of power steering assist.

- Lawson, MO, USA

Nov 012015

Fusion

Pulled vehicle into my driveway Sunday afternoon after normal operation and turned it off. After 5 minutes went to move vehicle. Turned key to start and power steering assist fault message appeared. Steering wheel was very hard to turn so vehicle wasn't moved. Tried to move again 15 minutes later but still no power steering. Vehicle stayed in driveway overnight. Monday morning, vehicle was started and steering was back to normal. After 3 weeks, problem has not happened again. Contacted a Ford dealer and 2 private shops, all tell me there is no code retained for this issue and it would have to be diagnosed with the problem actually happening. Also contacted Ford customer service. The rep said she would record my info but could not provide technical assistance.

- North Ridgeville, OH, USA

Nov 172015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while making a right turn, the steering wheel seized and caused the contact to crash into a concrete guard rail. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The vehicle was driven to the contact's residence. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V340000 (steering). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 111,000.

- Henderson, NV, USA