2010 Ford Fusion steering problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 15 of 29)

Dec 102014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. While driving approximately 45 mph, the steering wheel became very difficult to steer and was unable to turn causing damage to the electric motor and the front tires. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the steering wheel electric motor needed to be reprogrammed and the steering column needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 82,000. Updated 7/28/15

- Mesquite , TX, USA

Aug 052014

Fusion 4-cyl

Power steering went out while husband was turning onto a neighborhood street resulting in hitting a parked vehicle on approximately 8/5/2014. As of today, 5/28/2015, power steering/vehicle has not been repaired and has aggravated/caused neck injury to wife from having to drive without power steering. Wife is currently seeing a neurosurgeon as well as pain management for neck pain, compressed spinal cord, bulging disc, spasms. Wife is currently waiting on epideral steroid injections.

- Choctaw, OK, USA

May 242015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving at 45 mph, the power steering seized and became difficult to maneuver when making a right or left turn. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 91,000.

- Douglasdille, GA, USA

Apr 292015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. While driving approximately 45 mph, the steering wheel seized. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnostic testing. The contact was advised that the steering gear needed to be replaced and programmed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 105,000.

- Shelbiana , KY, USA

Sep 012014

Fusion

Car had a flat tire, then changed to the spare and started to drive it to get a new tire. Once I started a dashboard notification came up "service advancetrack" and the power steering was gone. The vehicle was nearly impossible to turn. A mechanic replaced the rack and pinion and reset the warning. A few days later the car alerted the same warning and steering assist was gone, mechanic reset the code and the power steering returned. Then 3 days ago, without a flat tire or any notice the power steering went out again making the car nearly impossible to drive again.this time the mechanic said that the code could not be reset due to a component failure.

- Cordova, AL, USA

May 282015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. While driving approximately 5 mph, the steering wheel seized while pulling into a driveway. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 138,000.

- Anitoch, TN, USA

May 272015

Fusion

I was pulling out at an intersection and the power steering went out causing me to have to drive it in a ditch. I was so upset. It almost caused me to hit head on with another vehicle. Apparently lots of people are having this problem and it should be recalled. I am so upset.

- Jackson, GA, USA

Fusion

My vehicle's power-steering got disabled out of nowhere apparently I'm not the only one with this issue, I get an error on the driver panel saying to service power steering now.

- San Juan, PR, USA

May 232015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. When the vehicle was started, the power steering failed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated that the power steering module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 82,000.

- Norman, OK, USA

May 232015

Fusion

My power steering is out in my car. It says power asset fault and then it will say service autotrack. I am not the only one I have looked everywhere and there is a lot of people having the same problems that I'm having. It should be recalled. I will tell everyone I know not to get a Ford unless this problem gets recalled. I don't have the 2000 to fix my car.

- Norman, OK, USA

Jan 082015

Fusion

I was driving around a curb doing 55 mph and all the sudden the steering went out. Way beyond manual steering, extremely hard to handle. It went off the road and almost caused an accident. I have found this is a common problem. The electric steering box is a problem and now I can barely drive it. My wife has no chance of using the vehicle.

- Lackeyy, KY, USA

Nov 032014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. While driving at 25 mph and making a left turn, there was a sudden loss of power steering. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the rack and pinion needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 78,000.

- Saint Johns Bury, VT, USA

Fusion

Electric power assisted steering (epas) failed

- Plainfield, IL, USA

Fusion

I was traveling down the highway around 60 mph and the power assist check message came on. I stopped in the next town and shut car off. When I restarted I said to check system now and had no power steering whatsoever. Since I was 1.5 hours from home I tried driving for about 20 miles and decided that was enough as there was very little control of car. Ended up having someone come pick up car a trailer it home.

- Shell Rock, IA, USA

May 082015

Fusion

I turn on my Ford Fusion 2010 żż I was leaving my garage in a reverse mode when the direction wheel stuck no opportunity to move in any direction, was stiff one message appears on my front display power stering assit fault I put again my car on parking, turned off wait for 5 minutes and restart the car again, message displayed was erased and direction wheel released, I donżżT feel comfortable that this problem can happened again when I am driving on the I-35 North

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Mar 092015

Fusion

Driving in rural neighborhood. Pulling into driveway slightly downhill when steering became very difficult to operate. Thank goodness no children were in the area as usual. This steering issue will become a fatal flaw with the Ford Fusion when someone with less strength is involved. Lucky it was a full grown man in the seat and not my daughter. This needs recalled before we lose a life over profit. An ounce of prevention is worth injury to anyone.

- London, KY, USA

Apr 202015

Fusion 4-cyl

Car was driving fine. When I was leaving destination, I was backing out warning light came on epas failure light. Power steering was out very hard to steer. Shut car off, restarted car, light was still on no power steering also advancetrakc light came on. Could have went out at any given time all at once. Very expensive to fix.

- Wichita , KS, USA

Oct 022014

Fusion 6-cyl

Electronic power steering stopped working after having started the car and driving off, messages that displayed on dashboard include "service advancetrac" and "power steering assist faulty".

- Detroit, MI, USA

Apr 242015

Fusion 6-cyl

Vehicle was being driven approximately 45 mph when suddenly the power steering failed and the vehicle became very difficult to steer.thankfully there was not an accident or fatality from an accident. Have been told the power steering control module and rack will need to be replaced. The estimate was $1500. The vehicle is outside of the warranty, so I will have to figure out how to pay for a safety item that Ford obviously knows about.

- Temperance, MI, USA

Apr 222015

Fusion 4-cyl

As I was driving down a city street in heavy traffic, the power steering went completely out. The power steering assist fault came on after the incident.

- Niceville, FL, USA