2010 Ford Fusion steering problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 2 of 30)

Dec 102016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the vehicle experienced a loss of power steering while driving 45 mph. The failure occurred without warning. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 180,000.

- Vendor, AR, USA

Dec 092016

Fusion

On December 9, 2016 at approximately 1930, I was backing my 2010 Ford Fusion out of my driveway when a warning light came on immediately followed by "service advanctrac" and "service power steering". at this time power steering was still functioning properly. By the time I made it to the end of my block - approximately 500 feet, the instrument panel dispalyed "service power steering now". it was at this point, that the power steering stopped working entirely. I narrowly missed a vehicle entering the intersection and ended up partly in my neighbor's yard. I drove the car back to my house. I then drove the car to zeck Ford in leavenworth, Kansas for servicing the next day. The car is still at the service center.

- Kansas City, KS, USA

Dec 012016

Fusion

Driving home from work down a side street, without warning service power steering now message came on and also advance trac warning came on and the steering wheel was stiff and very very difficult to move. Took me 20 mins to park my car with all my strength.

- Skokie, IL, USA

Dec 072016

Fusion

My steering suddenly went out while driving. The steering was borderline inoperable after it went out. There are recalls on most years except for 2010. It is $2000 for a repair.

- St Augustine, FL, USA

Dec 072016

Fusion

I started my car and received an alert tone, followed by a warning message on my dashboard. It stated power steering assist fault. I was fortunately, not driving at the time, but was stationary, about to leave my garage. I have not driven the vehicle since, and each time I turn on the key, the warning remains.

- Greenwood, IN, USA

Nov 262016

Fusion

Power steering quit working while tuning on to our street. Then service power steering now came on along with advancetrac. Car was moving about 25 mph when it went out.

- Fort Gratiot, MI, USA

Nov 302016

Fusion

Power steering fails leaving vehicle almost impossible to turn. Happened when vehicle was stationary. Took to chapman Ford in marysville Ohio for diagnostics. Was told the electronic steering assist control failed. Dealer provided estimate for $1,975 for replacement. Forced to trade in vehicle and encumbered a loss of $1,975.

- Rushsylvania, OH, USA

Nov 282016

Fusion

While driving 30mph on a residential road my vehicle made an alerting noise accompanied by a dashboard notification of power steering failure and advanctrac failure, both of which advised me to seek service immediately. It was not until a moment later that I made it to the first stoplight upon receiving the notification, while traveling at a more reduced speed that I noticed my steering was not operating as usual. I nearly collided with another vehicle as we attempted to simultaneously make left turns when I noticed that I needed to exert excessive force to rotate my steering wheel. What kind of notification system would allow the operator a moments notice before a change in vehicle performance of this level? definitely not one that regards the safety or value of human life. I took the vehicle to the Ford dealership where it was purchased and was informed that it would cost $2000 for the necessary repairs - which I am unable to make. My vehicle has just over 80,000 miles and I still owe $5,744. I have already provided my information to https://www.fordlawsuits.com/ for the power steering lawsuit in play.

- Waterloo, IA, USA

Sep 102015

Fusion

I had a low tire not flat I was driving down my alleyway slowley and hit a small pot hole on my way to go get it filled with air at the nearest gas station when all of the sudden I lost all power steering and the alarm came on saying power steering failure or something to that matter I am a big fella I was able to man handle the car to the nearest gas station with no power steering with my 1 year old daugter in the back seat. I then filled the tire manhandled the car to her day care then up the street to the closest auto shop. Where I dropped it off. And was late to work having my brother come pick me up I was stressed out of my mind because I read how expensive it was to replace luckily the mechanic had a employee who had delt with it before and was able to pop the steering column out of the jammed sequence it was in and he said he had seen it over and over again. Which cost me about 200 bucks alot better than 2000. However after that my car was not the same come to find out my wheel bearing had failed about 6months later and some arm was bent costing me 800 dollars I belive this was due to that issue I had prior I am pissed about this finding out how many of these cars are doing this. I belive that Ford should pay to replace their faulty unsafe steering axel and columns

- Amarillo, TX, USA

Nov 282016

Fusion

Power steering assist fault light came on and I have no power steering. Started looking for answers and many many others having the same issue. Yet no recalls yet!

- Lumberton, NC, USA

Nov 262016

Fusion

My power steering went out again in less then 2 months after replacing it the first time. It cost me $2800 dollars out of pocket plus I have to tow it over 60 miles to the nearest deealership and it failed again. My 1st complaint # is 10907956. This is a huge safety factor for me and my family also others on the road. It causes you to loose control of the vehicle causing risk for accidents.

- Las Vegas, NM, USA

Nov 202016

Fusion

I was with my kids in the car driving to a recreational league basketball game and my tire light indicator came on. I stopped at the gas station to put air in the front right driver side tire because that the one that looked like it needed air. After I completed that task the advancetrac indicator came on and then went off. I drove on the highway to the event and noticed that at times the turning was getting difficult. I got to the gym and turned into the lot without incident. I played my game came out and began to go home when before I could back out the "service power steering " message came across the dash. The car then became almost impossible to drive. I didnt want to take any chances with my kids in the car, so I called my wife to come get us and left the car. The next day I went for the vehicle but it took 1.5 hrs to get home which normally would be 25 minutes.I haven't drive the car since then and am highly upset that it seem as though this is a common problem for this vehicle and has caused injury and death. Why was there not a recall for the power steering if its a known issue?

- Woodbury, MN, USA

Nov 032016

Fusion

Power steering fault light illuminated while in park, led to complete power steering failure and replacement required, rack and opinions plus rods left and right

- Cleveland, OH, USA

Nov 232016

Fusion

Failure of the electronic power steering control module. With two reported investigations, one remaining open by NHTSA, one class action lawsuit, why is there not a recall on the suspected faulty module? I also own a 2013 Ford Taurus which was has a recent recall on the same part. There must be some faulty design or process that is causing these parts to prematurely fail. It is unacceptable for a consumer to be faced with a $2,000 repair on an electronic component of a vehcile after only 6 years of normal operation. Moving parts, brakes, etc are subject to wear based on age and usage. Electronics, while they can wear by usage, a six year lifespan on a critical element of the vehicles control and operation is simply unacceptable. Please institute a recall on suspect or proven defective elements in the power steering system of these vehicles. There are many smoking guns.

- Copley, OH, USA

Nov 142016

Fusion

While I was backing out of my driveway, the power steering suddenly failed. I turned off the ignition, restarted the car, and the power steering worked again. Although I had no further troubles with it, later that week I brought the car to a Ford dealership for a diagnostic. They confirmed that the rack-and-pinion steering needed to be replaced, or the power steering could fail again at any time without notice. It was an approximately $2,000 repair job. The car had fewer than 42,000 miles on it at the time of the incident.

- Dunwoody, GA, USA

Jul 012016

Fusion

Power steering failed suddenly while the vehicle was in motion and turning on a city street. It almost led to an accident.

- Canoga Park, CA, USA

Nov 182016

Fusion

Steering trac warning light came on once I put my vehicle in drive (after backing out of my garage) on the way to work. Called the dealership for an appointment to have vehicle checked out. On the way to dealership warning light went off then came back on. Dealership informed me that repairs would be approximately $2,000 to replace power steering. This vehicle has approximately 50,000 miles. The steering is an absolute must on a vehicle - I am amazed that the Ford Motor Company has not issued some form of recall or assistance in replacing. This will be the last Ford product that will be purchased by this family.

- Red Wing, MN, USA

Nov 182016

Fusion

Power steering assist fault started every now and then when trying to reverse from a parking spot. Car could be turned off and restarted to reset. After it did this about 10 times, power steering assist would not reset itself. Had to drive the car with no power steering to the shop for repair. Repair costs were $1900.

- Converse, TX, USA

Nov 202016

Fusion

Loss power steering while driving we have experienced a problem of loosing power steering when driving down the road. This has happened many times at start up and then its happened 4 time in the past 8 months. We have taken the car into the service station for this and they can't find anything wrong. We find that if you shut the car off and restart seems to fix the problem for now, but its still hard to turn when moving slow. This seems to be an issue with this year Fusion. Ford is telling me there are no issues but that's not what I'm seeing.the is telling me the fix could be around $2000.

- Metamora, MI, USA

Oct 092016

Fusion

While driving, the steering assist over steered causing me to go into an oncoming lane. At that time service power steering soon came on and service advancetrac came on. After I got the vehicle safely home I restarted it and it said service power steering now as well as service advancetrac.

- Port Huron, MI, USA