2010 Ford Fusion wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Dec 302016

Fusion

Wheel studs fracture while in motion on smooth roadways city streets as well as highways at variable speeds between 5mph to 60mph. Studs have been replaced 7 times. Issue is reoccurring.

- Sparta, IL, USA

Dec 122016

Fusion

Since purchasing my certified preowned 2010 Ford Fusion I have had 6 separate occasions where 1-2 wheel studs broke off completely from the wheel. The last incident I had 4 out of the 5 break off and had to have my car towed to the dealership. I contacted Ford concerning this issue on the third occasion of me replacing the studs. They gave me an incident # and told me to give it to the dealership when they fixed the wheel. After giving the dealership associate the number she explained that it had been denied by Ford stating there had been a recall but my wheel was not the right size. The dealership still replaced the studs for free as a courtesy to me. This last time I stopped at a stop sign then turned left onto a highway and as soon as I turned the stud broke off and I ran over it.I have also had them break off driving down the interstate and hit the side of my car. The most current incident happened yesterday 12/12/2016 with the car being towed to the dealership on 12/13/2016

- Erin, TN, USA

Dec 112016

Fusion

One of the post on my wheel is broken.

- Richardson, TX, USA

Nov 182013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that there was a failure with the lug nuts and wheel studs prematurely fracturing on the front passenger side wheel. One of the lug nuts fractured in the driveway and another lug nut was missing months later. The vehicle was taken to a tire repair shop who was servicing the wheels when the stud prematurely fractured on the same wheel. The mechanic recommended that the vehicle be taken to the dealer. The dealer provided no remedy. The manufacturer stated that a recall repair had been performed and provided no solution. The contact was unable to determine if the failure would recur. The approximate failure mileage was 36,292.

- Overland, KS, USA

Sep 192016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. While the vehicle was being inspected, the contact was informed that three studs were fractured without warning. In addition, the contact heard a rattling noise. It was diagnosed that the studs needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 11V574000 (wheels). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 125,000.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jun 282016

Fusion

I purchased the vehicle in Dec 2010. A recall notice in Jan. 2012 stated "the wheel studs on your vehicle may fracture." When I brought the car in for that recall in April 2012, the dealership replaced one broken wheel stud but didn't indicate which wheel. In April 2013, a wheel stud on the front driver's side broke and the dealership replaced it noting the recall. In June 2016, a wheel stud on the front passenger side broke. Now Ford is claiming that the wheel studs were not recalled and refused to cover the repair costs even though the 2012 letter opens with that remark. The Ford representative acknowledged that it is rare that wheel studs break which leads me to believe that there is a manufacturing defect in the studs on my vehicle. I have not had this problem on any previous vehicles that I've owned and have not changed my manner of maintenance so I do not believe my actions are causing the studs to break. Having experienced three wheel stud failures in five years, it appears that the wheel studs were not reliably manufactured, have an increased risk of breaking under normal conditions, and pose a safety risk from possible wheel separation.

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Jun 302016

Fusion

Following the repair in accordance with a 2011 recall on the wheel lugs, the lugs continue to break off the wheels. The times I have noticed it happening I was turning at a slow speed in or out of a driveway. It seems to cause stress on the lugs when I turn the wheel. Last time it happened I heard a pop and then the next time I pulled out of a parking lot I heard it again and a lug had fallen off. This has happened at least four times since the original recall repair.

- Oak View, CA, USA

Jun 302016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. When the vehicle was taken to have the two front tires replaced, the stud on the front driver side wheel was fractured. The contact mentioned that the vehicle was previously serviced for the same failure. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 115,380.

- Appomattox, VA, USA

Apr 242016

Fusion

While driving into a moderate left curve on a narrow two lane city street there was a loss of power steering. This resulted in loss of control allowing the car to jump the curb and into a fire hydrant. No airbags deployed one minor injury to a passenger. Car was totaled. No tickets were issued. The car was under a recall 15S34for some problem with the ptcm and fuel tank and canister purge valve and was scheduled to repaired 04/27/16. Recall was first recevied on 01//2016 but the repair ok was received in 04/16. There is also a preliminary evaluation by the Office Of Defects Investigation on the loss of power steering on this yr Ford Fusion.

- Garner, NC, USA

Jan 112012

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the lug studs failed. The vehicle was taken to be serviced under NHTSA campaign number: 11V574000 (wheels) but the failure persisted. The vehicle was not diagnosed and repaired. The contact stated that the lug studs were replaced several times. However, the failure was persistent. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 15,000. Updated 06/14/16

- Vancouver, WA, USA

Dec 292015

Fusion

I have a 2010 Ford Fusion SE 4drv6 and was driving my vehicle down a highway and my low tire pressure light came on. Unable to pull over immediately I drove to the nearest good year which offers free tire repair when out of no where the traction stability control kicked in on my car and my service screen said "service power steering now" I maintained control of the vehicle until I got to good year where they discovered that I had no power steering.

- Winchester, VA, USA

Nov 262015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. While driving at approximately 10 mph after the front passenger side tire blew out, the steering wheel became difficult to turn. The service power steering now warning indicator illuminated. The contact merged to the shoulder of the road and replaced the tire, but the steering wheel failure persisted. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V340000 (steering). The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 168,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Shelby, NC, USA

Aug 012015

Fusion

Unusual wheel vibration on 2010 Ford Fusion continuous since summer 2015.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Nov 182015

Fusion

I was pulling out of a parking lot when I realized I wasn't able to turn my steering wheel. I saw the alert message "power steering assist fault." I pulled back into my parking spot, restarted my car, and was able to drive and use the steering wheel just fine. This has actually happened several times before when starting my car but I thought my car just needed to 'warm up.' This was the first time it didn't work after waiting a few moments. I researched other complaints online and I'm seeing that this issue has happened to other Ford Fusion 2010 owners while they were driving, and many of the cases resulted in accidents. Also, issue with impaired lug nuts. Some car shops have been unable to rotate my tires because they couldn't get them off.

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Oct 102015

Fusion 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that three of the front passenger wheel lug nuts were missing. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it discovered that the wheel studs of the entire vehicle were fractured and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 11V574000 (wheels). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 92,000. Updated 02/12/16

- Las Cruces, NM, USA

Jan 012012

Fusion

Early in 2012 one wheel stud broke. All lug nuts were replaced in March of 2012 per Ford recall no. 11S23. I also replaced all of the wheel studs. Wheel studs are continuing to fracture. At least two studs were replaced again in September, 2014, and two more in October 2015.

- Fayetteville, PA, USA

Aug 282015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while replacing the tires, the wheel studs fractured during the installation. The vehicle was repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 11V574000 (wheels); however, the failure recurred. The contact discovered that the wheel studs were missing. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 64,000.

- Rainier, WA, USA

Aug 252015

Fusion

This is the 6th time I have had broken wheel studs on either the drivers or passengers side front wheels. I went to the dealer and was told there is no recall for my vehicle and they have never heard of this problem. Suggested I re-torque the nuts at 500 miles, hard to do when they are gone.

- Nooksack, WA, USA

Jul 172015

Fusion

My wife was driving our 2010 Ford Fusion approximately 65 mph when she felt a vibration in the steering. Upon getting home, we found a severed wheel stud on the front drivers side wheel. Oddly enough, this is the second time this has happened to us on this vehicle. Ford issued a recall but our model Fusion was outside of the affected manufactured vehicles by one month. The first time a Ford dealer replaced the stud. The second time, another Ford dealer has replaced the stud. This is extremely dangerous!

- Canal Winchester, OH, USA

Mar 242015

Fusion

My Fusion has now had a wheel stud on the front passenger wheel break off. Each has been roughly every 25,000 miles. The first was laying in my driveway, the second was missing when I went to the dealer for service and the third broke off during a tire rotation. In addition all studs were replaced due to a service bulletin early in the life of the car. Also lugnuts have been replaced along the way by the dealer due to bad wear. After the second time I reached out to Ford and filed a complaint but they simply forwarded it back to the dealer.the dealer has a record of all of the issues and the full replacement but has stated since Ford passed it back to them there is nothing that can be done. I feel this is an unsafe situation for my car. They should not break 3 times within 75,000 miles.

- Hoffman Estates, IL, USA