CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Fusion builds off the 2010's reputation. That's not a good thing.

2011 Ford Fusion accessories - interior problems

2011 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Sep 122015

Fusion

My 2011 Ford Fusion (purchased in the fall of 2010) has a recent issue with the heated seats. They are getting so hot that it is burning me. I have to turn them off at that point. I have loved the heated seats the whole time I have had the car. It seems like this should be a safety issue. It just started happening about a month ago.

- Holland, MI, USA

Oct 252012

Fusion

First at about 42000 miles in October 2012 the driver seat became so hot it created 1st degree burns on my husband. The seat heater went out soon after. Needs to be fixed. The seat could cause a fire at 55000 miles the driver door handle became unlatched within the door and stopped opening from the inside. What if I had a wreck and couldn't get out? needs to be recalled for this issue. I've heard it's common on the Fusion. The front door speakers went out soon after all of this. At 90000 miles the passenger seat heater went out. Same burning hot thing but this time no one was burned. At 95000 miles the safety system has now gone out. It flashes that there is a problem with the rear park aid and a fault with the cross traffic system. I've read that the rear driver side speakers cause this. The front driver side speakers went out 2 yrs ago. Maybe these are connected. It seems the whole car has problems with fuses and electrical wires either burning out way too quickly. My vehicle is a 2011 manufactured in October of 2010

- Murfreesboro , TN, USA

Jan 072015

Fusion 6-cyl

The driver side heated seat overheated and become so hot it nearly burns the driver's leg. To avoid leg burn I have to turn it to the lowest heat setting. After two weeks of this, the heated seat failed to operate. A moment after depressing the heated seat button it would turn off. I took the vehicle in for service upon which it was found the seat heating element had a burnt/broken heating wire. The fabric it was woven into was severely burnt and it appeared a wonder the entire seat did not catch fire as result. I have kept the burnt heating element assembly if anyone wishes to examine it.

- Plymouth, MI, USA

Jul 162010

Fusion 4-cyl

I changed the headrests on the first long trip we took. My friend in the passenger seat changed hers around while I was driving -- it was forcing her head forward uncomfortably. As soon as I stopped for gas, I changed mine around, as well. I am not going to change them back and it is a shame -- I am left without support should a crash occur. This is nuts. What the heck were the engineers thinking" I need to get headrests that let me sit up straight without having to look out from under my eyebrows with my nose aimed at the floor! who were they engineering the headrests for, pray tell"

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Jul 012011

Fusion 4-cyl

2011 Ford Fusion head restraint tilts too far forward causing cramping and pain in the neck because the restraint pushed the head too far forward. I have adjusted the seat and headrest various ways but can not get comfortable. My current solution is to tilt the seat back about five notches too far back and place a pillow between the shoulders so the headrest is an inch or so behind the head. Not the best solution, but works for short trips. The fleet management says that they have not received any other complaints (these are new to fleet), but the selling dealer said that I was not the first to complain. Others that have driven this car have also complained about the same condition. Fleet's recommended solution was to not drive the Ford Fusion, but to use the Chevy Impala. That is not a solution to the head restraint problem. They also said that if I have an injury (I don't want to have an injury just because I drive a car) I can get a doctor's slip to drive my own car and be reimbursed. Seems once again a suggestion that does nothing to resolve the issue but removes the problem from their office. My recommendation is for a head restraint that has some forward to back adjustment (active head restraint) as in my personal vehicle which is a 2006.

- Barre, VT, USA