Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2011 Fusion builds off the 2010's reputation. That's not a good thing.

2011 Ford Fusion body / paint problems

2011 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Aug 232016

I parked my vehicle and went to open my doors and the driver and passenger sides doers would not open from the inside. I had to proceed to unlock the door manually and roll the window down, place my arm out the window to open the door from the outside. The passenger had to do the same for their door as well. We are both senior citizens with disabilities. Are there any recalls on this issue? I'm concerned for the safety and well being of me and any passengers that happen to be in the vehicle in the case of an accident where as I have to exit the vehicle in an emergency.

- Gulfport, MS, USA

Aug 162016

I am having the same problem with my 2011 Fusion as the recall for the 13's and 14's door latch recall. This just started today 8/16/2016, if you try to close the passenger door normal it bounces back at you and will not latch. If you close it very gently it latches but doesn't seem to be very solid. This happened as my wife was picking up our child from school. When she went to close the door it just bounced right back open at her. Pictures would not do much good in this case as they would be of a door either open or closed but I am going to take a video of what it is doing if you would be interested in viewing it.

- Port Orange, FL, USA

Jul 162016

On 16 July 2016. The 2011 Ford Fusion was in park and the ignition was off. When the driver of the vehicle attempted to open the driver's side door to exit the vehicle, the mechanism for the interior door handle broke, making it impossible to exit the vehicle directly from the inside on the driver's side. The outside door handle was still functional, such that the window could be rolled down with auxiliary power or the engine running and the door opened from the outside through the window using the outside door handle. This then required rolling up the window and turning off the power/engine to fully exit the vehicle. Alternatively, a passenger exiting the vehicle prior to the driver could also open the door from the outside to allow the driver to exit; however, all doors should be operable from the inside of the vehicle without power or assistance in order to allow exit from the vehicle in an emergency situation. Part #6E5Z*5422601 (driver interior door handle) was replaced on 18 July 2016.

- Katy, TX, USA

Jul 102016

I parked the vehicle at the grocery store, yesterday (7-10-2016) and could not open my door to get out. The door handle on the driver's door stopped operating. It does not allow me to exit the vehicle without rolling down the window and opening the door from the outside. This is a safety issue in case of fire or the need to quickly exit the vehicle. I had a door handle issue with my previous car, 2009 Ford Focus, only you could not get into the car using the outside driver's side handle. I also looked at the number of other Ford Fusion customers who have the same issue and it seems to be a standard door issue. How many complaints does a vehicle have to have before a recall is created?

- Warren, MI, USA

May 062016

2011 Ford Fusion. The power steering service warning light was illuminated, the vehicle was taken to 2 Ford dealerships for service. Both dealership repaired and cleared the codes, but its still a problem. Its been a problem for 6 months. They want to charge me $3000 to replace the whole steering system. Another issue I have is the driver door will not open from the inside. I have to put the window down to open the door from the outside. This move is unsafe. Ford should be aware of this.

- Mescalero, NM, USA

May 182016

Driver door will not open from the inside this is highly unsafe and should be taken seriously Ford has been made aware of this from many people and has recalled other years of this model for the same thing. I shouldn't have to reach outside my window to open the driver door

- Navarre, FL, USA

May 172016

Drivers side door inside handle broke and door would not open. The vehicle was parked at the time in my driveway. This is a safety issue because being able to egress from an auto when in an emergency situation is imperative.

- Andover, KS, USA

Nov 282015

I went to exit the vehicle after parking the car and the door handle did not operate. In order to exit car, I must keep the car running while I unlock the car, roll down the window, open it from the outside, and leave the door ajar while rolling up the window. At this point I can finally turn the car off.

- Mount Pleasant, SC, USA

Jun 012015

My handle on my door will not open from the inside. This is a safety hazard as I have a stick shift on the floor. If there was a fire because of an accident, or I slid into the water on he icy roads here in wi. I would have no way of getting out of my car. What I find really odd is that this problem seems to be something many people are dealing with. As there are several sites on youtube and other places on line that show you how to repare this problem, and not only that, but there is a site that shows how to by pass the whole door pull issue all together!! if it is that well known, there must be a recall to have this problem fixed and keep all of these owners who by Ford vehicles in "good faith" protected!!!!

- Jefferson, WI, USA

Aug 062015

The driver side door swung open while driving around a bend at approximately 35mph. The car on the other side of the road had to slam on his brakes and swerve to avoid my door. After stopping I was unable to then open the door from the inside. The oncoming driver and car did not have any injury or damage. Testing the driver door I found it opened from the outside but after the door was open it would not shut. The door bounced off the frame and hit me in the chin. I was able to close the door if I lifted the lever in the door. I repeated this a few times, every the door opened from the outside it would not shut again without lifting the lever. However, sometimes when the door shut it latched closed and other times it did not. I called my local Ford office to check for a recall, I was told the 2011 was not on the recall list.

- Thurmontthurmont, MD, USA

Jul 092013

Driver side door latch failed causing the door to fly open and no able to stay closed. This latch failed twice. The second occurrence was Sept 9 2013.

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Mar 092015

Fusion 6-cyl

Rear doors would not latch. See investigation: Ea 15-002. After manually locking the left door, the door latches, but now will not open with the interior or exterior door handle. With the right door, it initially would not latch either. I manually locked, unlocked and locked it, and it functions normally. I believe this has something to do with the power door locks dislodging a spring, or a rod/linkage going into an overlimit condition since this happened to both the *same* day and it was just after some battery maintenance was performed.

- Fairbanks, AK, USA

Jan 232015

Fusion 4-cyl

While traveling down a city street an animal ran out in front of me. Trying to avoid it my car struck a light post. No airbags deployed.

- Springfield, IL, USA

Sep 292014

Fusion 4-cyl

My daughter was driving a 2011 Ford Fusion the state police said she fell asleep because she worked overnight. Yes she works overnight and has been doing it for 6 months. She was on her regular schedule. After dropping her boyfriend off work she was heading to my house on a real popular deer road. I believe she was swerving off the road to try an avoid the deer and lost her steering and hit a tree. I know my daughter she wouldn't have fell asleep. I hope to god this could be proven one day.the engine tires everything on front end was inside the car. I have pieces of the car that was left there her credit card birth certificate was just laying on the ground. I have pictures of the car showing the engine and tire in the car.

- Port Norris, NJ, USA

Aug 162014

Fusion 6-cyl

I entered the cvs parking lot and made a right turn and proceeded to enter the open parking space. I stepped on the brake to shift to the park position when all of a sudden the car jolted forward accelerating in a forceful manner( like it had a mind of its own). I keep pressing down on the brake but the car would not stop and keep going straight and hit the fence on front of the parking space causing the car to bounce back. Despite my afford to stop the car with the brake it did not work. The air bag deployed and smoke and a burning smell started to come out of the car, I got out of the car immediately. I was lucky that I was not on the road and hit another car or a person.I know the my car has a problem.

- Harrison, NY, USA

Feb 242014

We were driving an the steering wheel locked nd wr lost control of ca and hit a pole. My husband not an injury on his leg and inner thigh and some of us openwound from glasswa.

- San Bernardino, CA, USA

Jun 122013

Drivers interior door handle no longer opens drivers door from inside. This could be fatal in case of fire or immersion due to being unable to escape if electric window inoperable.

- New Braunfels, TX, USA

Jan 242014

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the driver's side interior door handle became fractured and prevented the contact from opening the door. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician diagnosed that the door handle assembly needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 29,000 and the current mileage was 30,200.

- Toledo , OH, USA

Dec 302010

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the entire control and the gauges on the instrument panel were extremely small, making it difficult for the contact to engage when driving. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer who informed of the manufacturer's design and was unable to provide assistance. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 150.

- North Canton, OH, USA