CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Fusion builds off the 2010's reputation. That's not a good thing.

2011 Ford Fusion drivetrain problems

2011 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 4 of 11)

Sep 302011

Fusion 4-cyl

Driving on the highway in clermont fl. When car suddenly lost power, fortunately I was able to pull off the road, car was shaking and sputtering and the wrench light came on.shut the car off and then restarted it, it will run sometimes fine for a few days then it will happen again, sometime two or three times in one day.I pick up my grandchildren from school and sometimes work late at night. This is a serious safety problem, what is Ford waiting for to recall this vehicle, for someone to be injured or killed?they need to fix this dangerous problem.

- Clermont, FL, USA

Oct 312013

Fusion

Incident #1. when accelerating from a stop, the engine started jerking and the car rolled forward slowly and the powertrain service light illuminated. Shifted to neutral, rolled to shoulder, and re-started vehicle. Operated normally after re-start. Incident #2.(two days later) while accelerating from stop, when vehicle reached approximately 45 mph the engine started running poorly and the powertrain service light illuminated. Rolled to shoulder, and re-started vehicle. Operated normally after re-start.

- Ames, NE, USA

Oct 302013

Fusion

Lucky me, I happened to have two of these failed designed vehicles. My wife has a 2010 that developed throttle body problems at 35000 miles and now mine at 87500 miles. The 2010 left her stranded with zero engine power, in the middle of busy roads a total of two times before the dealership (palm coast Ford) on the third visit decided that just cleaning and spraying down the failing hardware didn't cut it and finally put a new one on, luckily still under warranty. The mechanic did however say that this is a common occurrence for these Ford products and that the same thing would probably happen to the throttle body he just put on. Why Ford did not fix the problem sooner at that point in time? my guess, not enough people had a direct link to their death from car accidents at that point in time! 20,000 miles later so far no other problems. Now my 2011 Fusion is a manual 6 speed. When my throttle body failed this morning while going to work I noticed that while in cruise control the speed was pulsing down and up around two mph. This would happen for a short time and then stop and be functioning properly for a while and then do it again. Finally at a light I noticed the idle up and down and after accelerating to 60 it suddenly went to idle of 900 RPM. No power from the engine. You could floor it and nothing. Well once again like many others that have had the same Ford failure experience I almost was hit by another vehicle because of no where to pull over. I will purchase the part and replace it myself. I thought I would give Ford a try again from years ago when I had a lynx that caught on fire, and a Taurus sho with a poorly engineered clutch design, but they failed me again.

- Palm Coast, FL, USA

Oct 232013

Fusion

Car lost power turning like the transmission was not engaged. The wrench light came on. The problem was the throttle body went bad lost communication with power train.. it appears a lot of these are being reported for the Fusion V6 sel model. I had the repair done at huntington Ford in rochester mi. And paid $550 for the repair. I have the defective parts if needed for anything.

- Bruce Township, MI, USA

Oct 232013

Fusion 4-cyl

Went to make a left hand turn in an intersection and car would not go. No matter how hard I pushed the gas pedal, it would not give the car gas to move. The RPM showed the car was idling, and the service wrench light came on. Engine was shaking and appeared to be sputtering. Very scary. I was almost hit by another car because of being stalled in the intersection.

- Cleveland, TN, USA

Oct 212013

Fusion

I pulled out of my driveway and made it about 40 yards when the car lurched twice and shut off. I let it sit for a few minutes and started it back up. Was able to go about a quarter of a mile and it died again. I called a tow truck because I was too afraid to try to drive it anywhere. Luckily I was in my neighborhood and was not on a busy road or a highway like so many others have complained about. I was also very fortunate that I did not have my children with me - one who is currently recovering from surgery and cannot walk. After doing research and finding the very common issues with the Fusion, I asked them to check the throttle when running the diagnostics. Sure enough, that was the reason. $450+ after the repairs and the tow. My car only has 41,000 miles on it, but is unfortunately outside of the warranty period. Ford should step up and pay for these repairs due to the dangerous and fatal issues that this problem can cause. I'm very nervous about this issue and am shocked that there is not a recall after so many reported incidents. I'm considering selling this car - I planned to keep it for many years, but my safety and my families is much more important. I would urge that there be a recall on this extremely serious and dangerous problem being experienced so frequently.

- Liberty Twp. , OH, USA

Oct 152013

Fusion

"wrench" light came on and car lost all power over 60 mph. Restarted vehicle underway and still had no power. Had to pull off the side of the road on a very dangerous highway on an extremely foggy morning. Restarted and car idled extremely rough and again had no acceleration. A few minutes later the vehicle restarted and continued on as normal. Exact same incident happened later that day on the way home. Vehicle did not want to start. After a few minutes of sitting, was able to continue on as normal. Have not drove the car since the incident.

- Rushville, IL, USA

Oct 092013

Fusion 4-cyl

Was traveling 45 mph wrench light came on and stalled.

- North Ridgeville, OH, USA

Oct 172013

Fusion 6-cyl

At 6:55am on interstate I-70 East in kc mo I was driving in the fast lane at the correct speed of 65 mph on my way to work and my wrench light came on and the next thing I knew my car started down shifting and shaking until it came to a complete stop. I put on my hazards but was scared for my life cause of the very heavy traffic and I had a semi truck behind me. I couldn't get over because of the heavy traffic and how fast my car went from 65 to zero in minutes. Once I came to a full stop, I shut my car off and turned it back on which at that time it acted funny but then I was able to make it to work.I am a mother of 3 children and at that moment my life flashed before my eyes. This is a very serious matter. I called my dealership blue springs Ford and told them about it and they said they have been getting alot of complaints on that issue. He said it's more than likely the throttle system and that there are no recalls yet. My question is does someone have to die before they make this an issue"???" I almost got hit by 3 cars and a semi. Please help.. this is my second complaint about this issue. First one was Feb. 25th, 2012. Thank you,

- Blue Springs, MO, USA

Oct 112013

Fusion 6-cyl

I was at a traffic signal and vehicle would not accelerate when the light turned green. It did not go dead but would move only at a very very slow speed, and the engine shuddered and ran roughly. The wrench indicator light came on. I got the car across three lanes of traffic to the shoulder, turned it off and restarted with no further trouble. Drove home without incident. Took the car into the dealership and problem was diagnosed as a faulty throttle body.

- Jonesboro, GA, USA

Sep 292013

Fusion

While driving my 2011 Ford Fusion through an intersection it cut off speed and throttle control abruptly. No accident but this issue left the possibility for one to happen. I was able to pull the car over after shutting it off and starting it several times. Left the car off for about 10 minutes and it started and was able to drive again. Made it to an autozone and found out it was throwing a cel of P2111. For the throttle body. The car had to be towed to the local Ford dealership. I was told that the throttle body had to be replaced and would cost about 500 dollars. The service tech was very well aware of this issue that persists in my model car.

- Camp Lejeune, NC, USA

Oct 062013

Fusion 6-cyl

Was driving at aprox. 45 mph when suddenly unable to accelerate car. Car did not shut off. Yellow wrench light came on dash. Drifted until able to stop vehicle. Shut off car and unable to start. Tried 2nd time and car restarted. A simple google search ended up with a tremendous amount of vehicles experiencing the same problem. Vehicle has not been recalled. Called Ford garage and expecting tow truck to arrive shortly. Unsafe to drive. This is a known and on going problem. Ford does have a special service message out for the known problem. It is as bad as the Toyota run away cars. Recall should be issued before someone is killed.

- Fayetteville, PA, USA

Sep 262013

Fusion 4-cyl

Started to accelerate from intersection and transmission stalled when crossing hwy with oncoming traffic. Since that point I have noticed that transmission jerks when down shifting especially at lower speeds. Beginning to feel very apprehensive about safety of vehicle.

- Greer, SC, USA

Sep 292013

Fusion 4-cyl

My car lost complete power wile traversing an intersection. I was almost hit by a large truck as I had no power in my car. Tool it to the dealer and it is a defective throttle body that Ford is aware of. Mechanic said he sees this happen all the time. Its very scary to be driving and suddenly lose all power and very dangerous.

- Woodstock, GA, USA

Sep 302013

Fusion 6-cyl

Turning left at stop light and vehicle lost power and maintenance light came on. Coasted at 10 mph through light into a parking lot. Car was still running but throttle did nothing. Turned ignition off and on while the car was half in the parking lot and half in the road. Restarted with same results. After the third restart maintenance light went off and car had power again. Drove home and checked for codes. P2112 throttle actuator control system - stuck closed was only code.

- Howard City, MI, USA

Sep 262013

Fusion

Another throttle body issue I assume..going on a turning lane and my car just lost throttle control..held up an intersection traffic with my 2 year old twins in my backseat..my car just went limp. It was very unsafe and I was scared. Turned off the engine and restarted it and fortunately made it home.

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

Sep 022013

Fusion 4-cyl

I've been having issues with the vehicle losing all throttle response while driving, and it's almost caused a few accidents. It throws two codes, P2111 and P2112. I took it to the dealership where I purchased it and they said the throttle body (9E926)-the entire unit needs to be replaced because the faulty sub-system within the unit is sealed and can't be replaced individually. They also told me the item is on national back order and there are no dates of release for this part as of today.

- Brush Creek, TN, USA

Jul 172012

Fusion 4-cyl

1st time engine @ 60 mph just shut down, came to stop, restarted and thought all ok, thinking maybe bad gas. 2nd time wife driving, while making turn in front of traffic engine just quit again, came to stop and was able to restart. Next day decided to try to drive to dealer. Engine quit 3 more times while driving to local Ford dealer. They said they could not even look at it for 6 days. Drove home, engine stopped one more time. I finally I had it towed to dealer 30 miles away. Good news: They quickly diagnosed as a throttle body assembly bad news it would take 3-4 weeks for them to obtain part as so many, many Ford were experiencing the same problem..I had to rent a vehicle..very dangerous situation and this should absolutely be a recall from Ford. I have gotten no where with the dealer or so called "customer service"..I was told by the 800 cs dept that they had never heard of this problem. I go on-line and find hundreds and hundreds of complaints with the exact same issue. I want reimbursement (I have all my out of pockets costs and receipts) and a formal apology.

- Clermont, FL, USA

Sep 202013

Fusion

I was driving in the fast lane and my 2011 Fusion went into "limp mode" by the grace of god I was able to get across the freeway and down the off ramp to a safe place. I was unaware of what "limp mode" was at the time so I had it towed to the dealer and within a few hours I was notified that it needed a new throttle body. I had just got my car back it had been in at the dealer getting the entire ac system replaced and now this. The worst part is I was informed that the throttle body is on back order and it'll hopefully be in sometime next month. Although the dealership is doing their best to take care of us, making sure my rental is covered and all I'm still concerned. I had my 2 year old with me, this could have ended very bad. I think I want to trade my car in, I mean I love it and all but in the last month I've replaced the battery, the entire ac system and now this...I've only got 29K miles on it.

- Corona, CA, USA

Sep 212013

Fusion 6-cyl

Driving down a major highway at approximately 75mph. Suddenly lost power and engine went to idle. Coasted up an exit ramp and fortunately made it to the top and was able to coast down to a safe locations to stop. If I had not made it to the crest of the ramp, the ramp was such that I was around a blind corner with no shoulder and would have very likely been hit if another car exited. The car was towed to a repair shop and I am being told it is a faulty throttle body assembly which is occuring in very many Ford Fusion around the country.

- Hudsonville, MI, USA