2011 Ford Fusion engine problems

2011 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 3 of 11)

Oct 012013

Fusion 4-cyl

While driving down a busy street, going approximately 45-50 mph, my vehicle just stalled out on me. Although the car was still running, my vehicle felt like it was drifting. When I tried to accelerate, nothing happened. When I applied my brakes, my vehicle then jumped forward, causing me to almost hit the vehicle in front of me. I had my vehicle towed to the closest Ford dealership, where they advised that my throttle body had gone bad and needed to be replaced. Come to find out, this was not covered under my warranty and will cost me over $500 out of pocket. My vehicle only has 41,000 miles on it!

- Lynchburg, VA, USA

Sep 272013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving 50 mph, the vehicle began to shake violently and stalled without warning. The check engine warning light illuminated after the vehicle had stalled. The vehicle was restarted and resumed normally. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where a diagnostic was performed, which located the failure at the throttle body. The vehicle was repaired. The throttle body was replaced. The failure and current mileage was 78,200.

- Hohenwald , TN, USA

Aug 132013

Fusion 4-cyl

When I am on the highway and I go to accelerate it seems as if the throttle is sticking and then causes the car to jerk after I take my foot of the gas pedal.

- Dudley, MA, USA

Jul 302012

Fusion

The car continuously goes limp at highway speeds and also while in traffic. It is intermittent but has occurred over 50 times. There are times where it will die on me a dozen times in a 10 mile drive. The wrench and emissions warning lights go on and I lose all ability to accelerate but do not lose electrical power and the engine does not turn off. Restarting the vehicle temporarily fixes it, but also clears the warning lights so my mechanic cannot diagnose the problem. It is so dangerous and just a matter of time until I get in an accident. There are no warning signs before it happens and no remedy other than restarting, whether on the highway or in the middle of an intersection.

- Portsmouth, NH, USA

Sep 232013

Fusion

While traveling along a 2 lane route, at approximately 55 mph, the power in the car just died. The throttle would not propel the vehicle, there was no accelaration available and luckily I was able to shift the vehicle away from congested traffic. The wrench lights were flashing, the car sputtered while this started or occurred but when I pressed the throttle the car did not respond at all and the car came to a stop. I attempted to press the gas several times but again the car did not respond and was dead (the car was still on just it would not move). I then turned the car off, waited a few moments, then tried to start it again, it sputtered but started about 20-30 seconds into my attempt. Once I started it, I engaged the throttle while in park and it responded, I then put the car in drive and it drove normally for the remaining 10 minutes of my drive.

- Woodstock, GA, USA

Sep 202013

Fusion

Was driving on a local road, speed limit was 35mph, I was slowing down to stop at a red light then it turned green so I accelerated on the gas and then the vehicle started to lose power and and did not want to go and started acting like it was going to stall, so I pulled over parked and turned the vehicle off and then waited a few minutes and turn the car back on and the car seemed fine and I was able to drive again, this has happened at least 3 times in since then and I was told it was the throttle body that needed to be replaced, I am going to replaced it and hopefully it will do the trick. I heard that this is also a problem with other Ford cars and is currently under investigation for a recall, I hope this letter helps with getting a recall submitted.

- Bessemer City, NC, USA

Sep 212013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving 35 mph, the check engine warning light illuminated as the engine fluttered, causing the vehicle to stall. The vehicle was restarted and resumed normal operation. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection where they stated that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 65,000.

- Harperwoods, MI, USA

Sep 182013

Fusion

My wife was driving and I was her passenger on miller park highway on the 18th when all of a sudden the car jerks forward on us, it starts sputtering like it was going to choke out, my wife then tried to get on the should when she noticed that the cars accelerator went all the way to the floor without any response from the car. Traffic was flying by us as the cars engine brake continued to slow us way way down. We were able to use the brakes. My wife finally got over to the side, turned on her hazards and turn off the car. We both sat on the side off roadway and I had to calm down my wife due to the fact hat she thought she was going to be in an accident. After a few minutes we turned on the car and the "wrentch" alert re-set itself and we were able to drive. My wife and I used to feel safe in our Ford Fusion, but unfortunately now we don't have any safe feelings after everything that our car has gone through ( blew out engine due to failed bearings, the trans slips all the time on us, etc etc ). we both truely loved this car, but now......

- West Allis, WI, USA

Sep 122013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving 70 mph, the vehicle lost power as the transmission warning light illuminated. The contact coasted to the side of the road to shut off and restart the vehicle, as it resumed normal function. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection and they stated that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 50,000.

- Goliad, TX, USA

Sep 182013

Fusion 6-cyl

I was driving home going 45 mph when my car stalled without warning. When I tried to give it gas, it started jumping and jerking the wrench light came on. I was able inch by inch to move my car to the adjacent turning lane, turn on my flashers and call my husband on my cell phone. He was on his way home also and pulled up behind me. He tried to give it gas too but it would not budge. He turned the ignition off and then cranked the car. The wrench light went off and the car had power - just like turning it off had reset something. We were only a couple of miles from our house, so he drove by 2011 Ford Fusion home and I followed in his truck. I then called my dealer, jim tidwell Ford on barrett parkway and told them what had happened. They suggested that I call a wrecker and have it towed to their location as driving the car might due further damage or the incident might re-occur. So, that's what I did. A service technician called me first thing this morning and I went over what had happened with him. He called me this afternoon and said my car was ready for pick up. The problem was the throttle body and motor assembly and since it was under warranty there would be no charge to me. I can't believe Ford isn't declaring a recall on this part. If I had been on the expressway, I feel certain I would have been rear ended. This problem will cause someone to get killed. I'm just lucky no one hit me. It happened so suddenly and without warning. This type of situation will make you fall out of love with your Ford product. I don't believe I will ever buy a Ford product again, even though I prefer to buy american products.

- Acworth, GA, USA

Sep 102013

Fusion 4-cyl

Vehicle was getting up to speed at about 40-50 mph and upon depressing gas pedal combined with shifting of gears (automatic), engine stalled. Occurred twice with 5 miles on busy highway. Engine light and wrench light came on each time. After shutting down engine on shoulder, it started right back and ran fine for a while. Was fortunate with no traffic incident/accident either time. Occurred three more times before getting to dealership. Dealership service informed me that it was a throttle body issue and replaced the throttle body part it at my cost as the extended warranty did not cover it.

- Arlington, OH, USA

Jul 212011

Fusion 6-cyl

While accelerating car goes into limp mode....diagnosed as throttle body stuck open.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jul 162013

Fusion 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where it was stated that the fuel filler needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 64,000. Updated 10/31/13 the vehicle was repaired at a cost of $390. Updated 11/12/13

- Arnold, MO, USA

Sep 132013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph, the vehicle decelerated without manual force with the illumination of the maintenance warning light. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where it was stated that the throttle body needed to be repaired. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000.

- Beebe , AR, USA

Sep 142013

Fusion 4-cyl

My wife and daughter was traveling down a busy highway when the vehicle went into limp mode. They were almost hit by another vehicle. This is definitely a safety hazard.

- Corinth, MS, USA

Sep 132013

Fusion 4-cyl

Increased RPM, then vehicle stalled on road giving transmission indicator. Shifting delay, and stalling. Reported to have internal problems with suggestion of transmission rebuild. Vehicle has less than 100,000 miles.

- Winston Salem, NC, USA

Mar 052013

Fusion

Car dies while driving, surges at times, had been happening on and off. Died part way through a large intersection on 7-13-13, luckily I just avoided a collision. It would start and go a few feet, then surge and die. Called crater lake Ford in medford, or, they stated very busy that day and had not heard of the symptoms I described. Placed a call to dave's import service they said they would look at the car. Within 45 min they had diagnosed failed throttle body.

- Medford, OR, USA

Sep 122013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving 55 mph, the vehicle failed to accelerate while depressing the accelerator pedal. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 44,000.

- Brent , AL, USA

Aug 102013

Fusion 4-cyl

I left from my home in the early afternoon. The car had not been used since the previous evening. About 2 miles from my house I got onto a state route and started to go up a slight hill. I had accelerated up to approximately 45 mph and the engine started running really rough, then stalled. The check engine light lit up. It seemed to go down to idle with no response from engine while pushing the pedal. I glided to the side of the road and crested the hill, then let the engine sputter at around idle as I was able to put it in neutral and let gravity take me to the bottom of the hill where I could glide around the corner into a safe parking lot. I shut the car down, waited a minute and it started back up as though nothing had happened. The check engine light was clear. I have not tried to check to see if it stored any codes yet. I had experienced 2 previous events in the previous 2 weeks with this car. The car has been serviced regularly.

- Madison, CT, USA

Aug 022013

Fusion 4-cyl

Drove a mile from our home to pick up pizza. Went into the shop for about 5 minutes, came out and started the car. Backed out of the space and pulled across a divided road to head home and the car sputtered and lost power so that I had to pull over to the side. The check engine light was lit. I shut down the car and it started right up and the check engine light was clear. It repeated this issue again about 1 week later on the highway for my wife though recovered. Then again for me while accelerating up a state route but did not recover.

- Madison, CT, USA