Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2011 Fusion builds off the 2010's reputation. That's not a good thing.

2011 Ford Fusion lights problems

lights problem

2011 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Oct 132015

Taillight sockets burned out requiring replacement.

- Bensenville, IL, USA

Jun 012015

Burnt tail light sockets some melting as well because the bulb was stuck inside socket

- Chicago Ridge, IL, USA

Oct 252011

Fusion 6-cyl

As I was making a left turn after stopping at a stop sign, the steering wheel locked as I was midway through the turn. I could not move the steering wheel at all. I was able to stop the car thus avoiding a crash. At the suggestion of the motorist behind me who stopped to ask what the problem was, I then turned off the engine and restarted the car. The steering then worked. A day later, as I was driving at night, the headlights would not turn to bright. The next day, the problem did not reoccur.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Jun 022014

All rear light bulbs have been melted into socket after being replaced 3 months ago. Now new so let's have to be purchased. A fire could've easily started from this. What defect does 2011 Ford Fusion have that cause this to happen.

- Philadelphia , PA, USA

Apr 142014

Was driving and pulled up to a stop light and noticed a foul smell that smelled like brakes from vehicle next to me. Pulled into my work and the smell got really strong and I noticed some smoke starting to roll from the trunk of my car. I opened the trunk to find that the trunk had caught fire. I was able to put the fire out but the whole light assembly had been burned along with some wiring and the molding that houses the light assemblies. Recall issued for Ford Taurus but not fro Fusion with same bad parts.

- Toledo, OH, USA

Jul 132013

Fusion 4-cyl

Went to start car and it would not start. Ford roadside towed it the next day. After trying various things for 3 weeks Ford engineering called to tell me it was due to a lightning strike. Insurance believes it is a warranty claim as the car is still under warranty; Ford will not honor this as a warranty claim. No one at Ford has been able to give me a cost for repairs already attempted or for further repairs to make the car work normally again. I feel there is a deeper electrical issue with the car, but Ford is claiming there is nothing in the car that could supply this kind of electricity to fry several modules, fuses, and light bulbs. Worried about a bigger issue which is not being diagnosed and fixed properly. Could be a safety hazard.

- Cherry Hill, NJ, USA

Jan 092012

While driving around town car would cut off completely going about 35 to 40 mph. Most recent incident happened on mothers day driving 35 mph car shuttered when driving through a traffic light and when I hit the gas the RPM would go very high but the car would not move. I had to coast to the side of very busy road put my car in park and shut the engine off. When I tried to restart the car it would take longer than normal for the car to flip over and start. I had my fiance and 7 year old in the car and according to my fiance the car did the same thing to him a couple days prior. The car only has 40K miles on it and this is a very dangerous issue. I drive on the interstate everyday to and from work at 70 mph and I do not feel safe in this car. At 40K miles there should be no issues and this is 5th time the car has either shuttered like this or shut completely down. Also have had issues with the turn signal lights, just replaced the left side and now the issue is with the right side. My car is currently at the dealership being fixed for $500 and apparently im not the only person with this issue. I believe Ford should be held accountable for this problem and not us as this seems like and ongoing issue with this make and model of car.

- Hopewell, VA, USA

Oct 012011

Low beams dangerously inadequate. Low beams illuminate a pattern of only 18 ft. In front of vehicle. At 25 miles per hour a vehicle travels 36.6 feet per second, which means the driver has less then a half of one second to react to anything in or on side of the road. Had the vehicle to the dealer twice regarding this but not until the salesman and service manager took a night time ride did they believe my complaint. After the night ride time they both agreed, "they would not drive a car like that". service checked four other Fusion and discovered they too had this pattern of light. Since the beams are within the owners manual specks and Ford has not addressed/acknowledged this issue as of yet (waiting for a fatality?) the dealer could not help me and suggested installing after markets and registering the VIN# with the NHTSA. Purchased piaa 75's and had their service dept install. This did not fix the 18 ft. Visibility pattern problem.

- Whitehouse Station, NJ, USA

Dec 162011

Cpsc#I11C0447A. 2011 Ford Fusion rental. Consumer stated that when car was shifted into gear there were no lights at all at the rear of the car.

- Standish, ME, USA