CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Fusion builds off the 2010's reputation. That's not a good thing.

2011 Ford Fusion miscellaneous problems

2011 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 122016

Fusion

Purchased car 8/01/15. Found out about(pending) recall after the fact. Readout on dash read re-program steering. Took car back, re-programed N/C. 3-days later display message read, service power steering now. Next day backed out of garage but had no steering towed to dealership cost me $115./repair N/C. two weeks later message read service power steering now. Shut car off, then started bam no steering. Called tow truck take back to dealership $115. Plus $1145.67. 03/15/16. Now sitting garage cannot drive. Message reads service power steering now. Right now we simply can't afford to have the car fixed. Recall #15S18 last failure date 10/13/16 a.M.

- Littleton, CO, USA

Sep 162016

Fusion

The driver's side front door latch does not work. I have to either roll the driver's side window down and open door from outside or climb out on passenger side. Also I have to manually open (with key) or lock front driver side door.

- Abingdon, MD, USA

Aug 032016

Fusion

My Ford Fusion was parked and I suddenly am unable to open the drivers side door from the inside. I have to lower the window all the way and stick my arm out to open from the outside handle. My windows are electronic and freeze shut in the winter (mn resident) making me unable to open the door at all from the inside. I will be unable to get out of my vehicle in the winter and could be trapped in an accident or vehicle fire and unable to get out and help my children.

- Saint Cloud, MN, USA

Aug 232016

Fusion

I parked my vehicle and went to open my doors and the driver and passenger sides doers would not open from the inside. I had to proceed to unlock the door manually and roll the window down, place my arm out the window to open the door from the outside. The passenger had to do the same for their door as well. We are both senior citizens with disabilities. Are there any recalls on this issue? I'm concerned for the safety and well being of me and any passengers that happen to be in the vehicle in the case of an accident where as I have to exit the vehicle in an emergency.

- Gulfport, MS, USA

Jul 112016

Fusion

Driver's side door handle can not open the door. The door locks work, the door opens from the outside, but not from the inside. The car was not in motion, first noticed in a parking lot.

- Enfield, CT, USA

Jul 182016

Fusion

Takata recall my 2011 Ford Fusion has been the worse this week. I was taking a road trip to pick up my niece from basic training graduation, I was driving down a busy interstate going about 70mph, when all of a sudden my car decelerate while I was in the fast lane, the wrench light came on. The trouble I had trying to move my car over 3 lanes was very life threatening!! I thank god nothing happened, but I was so close to getting hit several times, I was in tears!! the only thing I could do was turn the car off and then restart it, the engine light stayed on. On my 10 hour adventure that day, this happened 8 different times. Apparently this issue is with the throttle body. This is pathetic of Ford to not get this fixed!

- Columbus, GA, USA

Jul 052016

Fusion

Takata recall. I was unable to open driver's door from the inside. Took it to my Ford dealer. They found a broken inner door handle. I was parked when that happened. It cost me $217.83 to get it repaired. Isn't this a recall? if not, it should be!

- Gresham, OR, USA

Apr 252016

Fusion

Squeaking noise coming from front axle (mostly on driver side) while driving and turning; sounds the most when outside temperature is higher (not so loud on cool days). Took it to dealer that sold the car (today 04/25/2016) to have suspension and power steering checked. I see online there are recalls on some Ford Fusion power steering? my VIN is not listed.

- Fort Pierce, FL, USA

Feb 082016

Fusion

Hearing squeaks and creaks while driving over bumps and turning. Since standard ball joints are not used in tis model might be the 4 lower control arms and an expensive repair.

- Gardner, KS, USA

Feb 122016

Fusion

Went to use car remote and did not work, bought another key and when my service tried to program it they found out the 15604 F module was bad. They call Ford and Ford told them it is back order all over the country. If they are replacing this many module then Ford has a problem with this part.

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Feb 012016

Fusion

The heater and air conditioning fan overheated and melted. Fan would start and stop intermittently and then quit working. Whole unit had to be replaced.

- Gardner, KS, USA

Jan 292016

Fusion

I bought the 2011 Ford Fusion new. On last year the driver side window would not stay up. It was repaired for about $350. One year later the driver side door handle stopped working. I can't get out of the car unless I roll the window down or crawl to the passenger side. I had just arrived at work and turned the ignition off. I pulled on the handle and the door wouldn't open.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Dec 202015

Fusion

I'm having problems with my steering it's really hard to turn the wheel at times N does it often not sure if I can get the information to my vehicle on what recalls there are if any.

- Fayetteville, PA, USA

Sep 232015

Fusion

This morning when I got to work I went to get out of my car. I turned it off and opened the door but the door would only partly open and would not let me out. I have to now roll down my window to let myself out. I look completely ridiculous and this seems to be more than a common problem that should be extending the manufacturing warranty one. Let alone last week M Y throttle went and I am replacing that also!!!!!!!!!!!!! couple months ago the roof inside the car also started to fall down! this is just pure insane I am fed up with this car I would never purchase it again!!! I don't have this kind of money to keep repairing a car.

- Farmington, CT, USA

Oct 252012

Fusion

First at about 42000 miles in October 2012 the driver seat became so hot it created 1st degree burns on my husband. The seat heater went out soon after. Needs to be fixed. The seat could cause a fire at 55000 miles the driver door handle became unlatched within the door and stopped opening from the inside. What if I had a wreck and couldn't get out? needs to be recalled for this issue. I've heard it's common on the Fusion. The front door speakers went out soon after all of this. At 90000 miles the passenger seat heater went out. Same burning hot thing but this time no one was burned. At 95000 miles the safety system has now gone out. It flashes that there is a problem with the rear park aid and a fault with the cross traffic system. I've read that the rear driver side speakers cause this. The front driver side speakers went out 2 yrs ago. Maybe these are connected. It seems the whole car has problems with fuses and electrical wires either burning out way too quickly. My vehicle is a 2011 manufactured in October of 2010

- Murfreesboro , TN, USA

Aug 312015

Fusion

First my passengers side door stopped locking and the handle on the inside would not close, then the drivers side door would not open from the inside. I am not rough on my door handles because they are made of plastic and I don't want to break them, but both doors within a few days of each other stopped working from the inside. This is dangerous and it is a known problem to Ford there are active recalls out on other Ford vehicles for the same thing, but my car isn't listed as one of the recalls. This matter should be investigated further and the recall should include all Ford door handles. What would have happened if my passengers side door would have opened while driving?

- Martinez, GA, USA

Aug 012015

Fusion

On August 1st, 2015, I was on my way home at about 10 pm at night. I was going up a hill that curved to the left and suddenly lost control of my steering wheel. Instead of turning left the car proceeded to go straight where I then began to panic. I then slammed my brake to the floor and it somehow unexpectedly sped up. I crashed into a power line and smashed the front end into a tree that had totaled my vehicle. I have seat belt burns on my neck, stitches on my knee, abrasions, suffered from a minor concussion, a large amount of bruises, small cuts on my hands and forehead. I have full medical documents of my injuries including pictures. I later found out there were 2 recalls on the vehicle a power steering and 1 full throttle body recall. The power steering was completely replaced previously in 7/16/2013 & 10/26/2013 and there was no solution to the throttle body recall except a extend warranty. I also went to the car dealership where I purchased my vehicle 2 days before the accident and they mentioned nothing about any of the recalls. They also had no clue why it was making the strange noises and told me it was fine after 4 hours of service. I'm still currently experiencing pain in my shoulder that was diagnosed at the orthopedics on August 18th. I have to attend physical therapy twice a week for 6 weeks. I currently have shooting pains in my left shoulder & muscle spasms. Also my leg has nerve damage where I'm still experiencing numbness at this time. There is also permanent scarring from the seatbelt burns & the air bag ripping off the skin of my left thumb. We have documentation of everything including the police report, car diagnosis and the vehicle is still at the tow lot. No one else was involved or injured however there is documentation of the previous power steering recall accident.

- Woodbine, MD, USA

Sep 132011

Fusion

On August 1st, 2015, I was on my way home at about 10 pm at night. I was going up a hill that curved to the left and suddenly lost control of my steering wheel. Instead of turning left the car proceeded to go straight where I then began to panic. I then slammed my brake to the floor and it somehow unexpectedly sped up. I crashed into a power line and smashed the front end into a tree that had totaled my vehicle. I have seat belt burns on my neck, stitches on my knee, abrasions, suffered from a minor concussion, a large amount of bruises, small cuts on my hands and forehead. I have full medical documents of my injuries including pictures. I later found out there were 2 recalls on the vehicle a power steering and 1 full throttle body recall. The power steering was completely replaced previously in 7/16/2013 & 10/26/2013 and there was no solution to the throttle body recall except a extend warranty. I also went to the car dealership where I purchased my vehicle 2 days before the accident and they mentioned nothing about any of the recalls. They also had no clue why it was making the strange noises and told me it was fine after 4 hours of service. IżżM still currently experiencing pain in my shoulder that was diagnosed at the orthopedics on August 18th. I have to attend physical therapy twice a week for 6 weeks. I currently have shooting pains in my left shoulder & muscle spasms. Also my leg has nerve damage where IżżM still experiencing numbness at this time. There is also permanent scarring from the seatbelt burns & the air bag ripping off the skin of my left thumb. We have documentation of everything including the police report, car diagnosis and the vehicle is still at the tow lot. No one else was involved or injured however there is documentation of the previous power steering recall accident.

- Woodbine, MD, USA

Aug 062015

Fusion

The driver side door swung open while driving around a bend at approximately 35mph. The car on the other side of the road had to slam on his brakes and swerve to avoid my door. After stopping I was unable to then open the door from the inside. The oncoming driver and car did not have any injury or damage. Testing the driver door I found it opened from the outside but after the door was open it would not shut. The door bounced off the frame and hit me in the chin. I was able to close the door if I lifted the lever in the door. I repeated this a few times, every the door opened from the outside it would not shut again without lifting the lever. However, sometimes when the door shut it latched closed and other times it did not. I called my local Ford office to check for a recall, I was told the 2011 was not on the recall list.

- Thurmontthurmont, MD, USA

May 152015

Fusion

Went to town and parked the car went in to the store and when I started to leave I noticed that the power steering didn't work. I drove the car home with no power steering. It's a good thing this didn't happen while going the speed limit. The dealer said that this is a common problem my question is why has it not been recalled if it's a common problem.

- Lovell, WY, USA