CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Fusion doesn’t have the same track record of power steering failure as the previous 3 model years. Of course, those owners said their steering failed at 60k–100k miles. So this appears to be a classic "wait and see" scenario.

In the meantime, there’s plenty of interior accessory problems to complain about. By themselves, each is a barely a blip on the radar. But combined, they give you that feeling of what the hell have I gotten myself into?

2013 Ford Fusion body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Fusion:

2013 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Jul 282016

Fusion

A week ago my son tried to close the back door behind the driver side and it would not shut. There was a police officer there who tried to help, they got duct tape and closed it and we took it to our repair shop. They had to repair the latch and another part and mentioned the recall. We paid them $330 to repair, we then called Ford and found our VIN # was not in the recall. We spent 4 hours on the phone with everyone from the dealer to Ford themselves. Said they could not help us until it was part of a recall without charging us. This is a care my twin sons are taking to college with them in two weeks. We know this is a defect and the repair shop also mentioned it. Fyi my Ford was in the dealers shop two weeks before and they repaired two other recalls but when we called them back said ours was not included.

- Waxhaw, NC, USA

Aug 032016

Fusion

Front passenger door failed. Was working fine. Then got out of car and shut door. Door would not latch. Would bang against frame and not latch. Had to drive to dealer with passenger holding door shut. Dealer is claiming this is not a recall issue, yet Ford just issued a recall on this exact issue today on several other models.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jul 272016

Fusion

The 3rd door latch on our 2013 Ford Fusion broke while in motion on a city street while my children were in the car. The door opened and was not able to close. This originally happened to our rear left side door before Ford had recalled the part. As my husband turned left on a city street the door opened. My toddler was in her car seat next to the door and my 8 year old son had to hold the door shut till he could pull over. The car was just barely out of warranty mileage, but only 18 months. It was not recalled at that time. Next was our left front passenger door. My husband was driving a coworker home when the door latch broke. He was in the town he works in and had to leave it at their Ford dealership, due to the fact that driving it over an hour to the dealership we purchased it at was unsafe and impossible. They had to keep our car for over a month to get the part to fix it. During that time period our car sat with the door taped shut on their lot. We expected that during that month they would have fixed all the doors according to the recall, however that was not done. Why are these cars being sent back on the street with unsafe parts" are we waiting for children to fall out and die on the streets? Ford needs to be held responsible for not fixing the parts in order of their recall while they have the vehicle. Who has time to go back and forth to the dealership, deal with getting a rental car and waiting for a few parts at a time to come in and fix it. Having four young children I am terrified to get this vehicle back! the car has been back twice for the seat back replacement as well. The brackets are not safe and give out while during. Ford told us today we now need to get new parts on all the doors. Why did they fixing it with defective parts? why are they sending these cars back on the street when they are not properly fixed giving a false sense of security"

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Apr 302016

Fusion

My Ford Fusion began to have extreme mold in it after only being just over 2 and a half years old. We have had the cabin filter replaced, interior detailed, and most recently, the dealership has had the ac evaporator flushed (1 month ago). The car continues to have a rancid smell of mold. The mold is so bad that my wife and I have had co-workers complain about mold in our offices when we have driven the car to work. The mold has also made each of us sick to our stomach when we have had to drive the car. I have explained to Ford that my wife is pregnant and due to have a new child but Ford's only resolution was to have the carpet removed and then the cabin filter replaced (again) and the interior detailed (again). This resolution is very unlikely to remove the mold and will definitely have some traces of mold left regardless of what they do. I have asked Ford to provide a resolution that will not involve having my wife and future child in a vehicle that has mold in it but they did not provide one. They also refused my request for a buyback. This mold is an extreme safety concern. The car is currently at 40,000 miles, however, we have had a window replaced at 17,236 miles and also expressed concerns that moisture was building in the front window at 29,391 miles. I am concerned about the health and safety of my family if they are exposed to this vehicle.

- Hauppauge, NY, USA

Jul 072016

Fusion

We have owned our 2013 Ford Fusion for less than three years. While driving, we made a left hand turn and the front passenger side door flew open, even though it was properly closed and locked. The passenger reached out to close the door while the driver slowed down. The door then would not stay closed. We researched and found more than 500,000 Ford vehicles, including 2013 Ford Fusion, were subject to recall due to faulty door latches. We contacted our dealership and Ford directly, but we were told our VIN is not included in the recall. We paid nearly $500 to have the faulty latch replaced, and we now fear for our safety, not knowing if the other three door latches will fail as well. We are requesting the recall be expanded to include our vehicle. We would like to be reimbursed for the cost we have incurred, and we would like the remaining three door latches replaced as well.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jul 062016

Fusion

Passenger side door will not lock, came open while turning a corner and would not lock manually or with key fob

- Apex, NC, USA

Jun 262016

Fusion

There is currently a recall for the 2013 Fusion vehicles built at hermosillo assembly plant for all 4 door latches. Ford claims my Fusion does not fall under the recall. But my 18 year old daughter was driving down a highway with my 12 yr old son sitting in the back seat passenger side when the door came open by itself while the car was in motion doing 60 mph and now the door will not close. We had a mechanic look at it and says it is a faulty door latch. I now have to pay $202 to buy the part to fix one door. The recall says it can happen to all four doors. This recall needs to be expanded to all 2013 Fusion. There is obviously a huge safety issue.

- Chillicothe, OH, USA

May 272016

Fusion

Latch on rear passenger door stopped working and door swung open while vehicle was in movement. Door will no longer stay closed.

- Plantation, FL, USA

Apr 232016

Fusion

Rear drivers side door will not latch, remains open. Occurred after simply opening door, vehicle was at a complete stop. Recall already in place for this year/make/model however only for vehicles with sticker of 5/2013 or prior, mine shows 6/2013. Believe recall needs to be adjusted.

- Vail, AZ, USA

Apr 132016

Fusion

My 2013 Ford Fusion front passenger door latch and cable failed. I was unable to close my door. At the time I was parked on a city street. Luckily I was not moving like other 2013 Ford Fusion owners experienced. Ford did not include my vehicle in recall 15S16 or NHTSA 15V246000, even though I encountered the same safety issue. I immediately repaired the latch and cable at the local Ford dealer, invoice#C54181.

- Orange, CA, USA

Apr 072016

Fusion

I was driving at approximately 70 mph on I-40 moving West from nashville in dickson, tn when my hood released. The hood slapped my windshield shattering it and sending pieces of glass at me. I was able to pull off on the median and call the state troopers. There was nothing that I could find that would have caused the hood to release as there is an initial "hood release" and then a safety lever that have to both have action before the hood can even go up.

- Goshen, KY, USA

Jan 062016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Fusion. The contact received a recall notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V246000 (structure:body); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Swoyersville, PA, USA

Aug 102015

Fusion

August 10, 2015 the latch on my rear passenger side door released while driving and would not re-latch. This was the door my daughter's car-seat was located (she was not in the car the time). I only owned my vehicle for a few weeks prior to this happening. I was sold this Fusion with open recalls but was not informed of this. I called both the dealership and Ford- none of which where helpful. I was told by one dealer my car was fixed and it wasn't be another. I still do not know for sure and have no trust in my local dealers at this point. I have asked numerous times to trade my car in but they are only willing to give me a fraction of what I paid, leaving me upside down and unable to afford another car.

- Winter Park, FL, USA

Mar 122014

Fusion

(takata recall) I hereby state that I was in a motor vehicle accident with this vehicle with no fault of my own. At the time of the accident 03/15/2014 this vehicle should have been totaled out but was not done so.the airbags did not deploy with the way and the impact that I was hit by other party. I than took this vehicle numerous of times to hasting Ford in greenville nc where they was suppose to have researched and properly checked and fixed everything detailed. I am yet to this day still having problems with this vehicle shifting gears caused by accident, body is coming apart, camara is not working and I am still suffering from the bodily injuries of my hip being shifted from accident. I am seeking legal attorneys at this time due to I feel that Ford could have taken better care and replaced this vehicle knowingly that this vehicle is not safe to me the custom. At this point I do feel that Ford should be responsible for any suffering and vehicle experience that I am enduring at this time. I would like to say thank you for your moral support. I was traveling down the main highway when another vehicle came from a side road driving 60 mph without breaking speed crashing into my 2013 Ford Fusion.the accident occurred in wake county nc. Around 12:45 P.M.

- Winterville, NC, USA

Nov 212015

Fusion

The drivers door flew open while I was driving. The door would not latch after it opened on its own. This is the second time this has happened to me on this vehicle, yet my car is not included in the recall for this problem NHTSA campaign number: 15V246000. The reason for this is the recall is for vehicles made up untill 5-31-13, and my door sticker reads 6-13. My vehicle is obviously still affected by the issue and in fact my original window sticker is dated 5-29-13 and should be included in the recall. I do not feel the vehicle is reliable or safe to drive....updated 03-10-16

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Oct 262015

Fusion

The door latches were known by Ford to be faulty. While driving, the passenger side door latch failed and the door opened. After contacting the dealership's service department, we were told Ford directed them to not fix the issue until the latch failed. I then contacted Ford customer service and was told the decision was a joint one between them and the NHTSA, essentially passing the blame. Ford has knowingly put unsafe cars on the road and shown no concern for the personal safety of their customers.

- O'fallon, MO, USA

Aug 202014

Fusion

Not happy with my vehicle if my first time buying a Ford for my family. After I purchased the vehicle I found out it already had recalls and the dealer at Ford and didn't notify me about it I really don't feel safe at all driving the vehicle. I made a request with Ford Motor Company for a buy back on my vehecle. At that time it was denied because there was only one recall. Well now there is eight and I request for a second time for a buy back I really need to return this vehicle so that I could really spend a little more money and get in to a Benz or BMW

- Fontana, CA, USA

Aug 202015

Fusion

While driving to the park with my three year old nephew in the car the front passenger door fully opened with out being touched. I pulled over and car door would not latch. I called for assistance as I could not drive the car with the door open. Thankfully there was no one in the front passenger seat but my nephew was right behind it and this defect put his life in danger.

- Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

Aug 142015

Fusion

When driving around a right hand turn the drives side door swung open. The latch will not catch. The car is unsafe to drive as the drivers side door will not latch close. This is the same problem that other Ford cars having but this one is not under a recall. How can it not be? this is a serious safety problem. The dealership would not repair it. The cost is $460 plus a rental. My wife was driving the car at the time of the incident. If it was on the freeway there could have been serious injuries or more not to just my wife but anyone close to her. This needs a recall now not month from now.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Aug 072015

Fusion

Rear passenger door latch failed. Door would not remain closed while parked or during travel.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA