CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Fusion doesn’t have the same track record of power steering failure as the previous 3 model years. Of course, those owners said their steering failed at 60k–100k miles. So this appears to be a classic "wait and see" scenario.

In the meantime, there’s plenty of interior accessory problems to complain about. By themselves, each is a barely a blip on the radar. But combined, they give you that feeling of what the hell have I gotten myself into?

2013 Ford Fusion body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Fusion:

2013 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

May 302015

Fusion

Passenger door will not close or latch. Door latch breaks and door will not remain closed / latch when vehicle operating and or not operating. Latch has been replaced 3 times under Ford Motor Company recall 15S16. The door may unlatch while driving and open and result in injury.

- Fairhope, AL, USA

Jul 302014

Fusion

There is currently a "safety recall" # 15S16 for the door latch and brought to dealership to have it repaired and the other doors repaired as well since it unlatched without warning and now understand that this may happen at anytime and we are frightened to drive car on highway. The dealership informed us they will only repair the broken door only. This is a safety recall and it happened to one door meaning we are now at risk of having it happen again. We do not feel safe at all driving this car since it already happened. Would appreciate it if someone from your organization could contact country Ford in henderson, Nevada and tell them to replace all the door latches on our car. The car has been at the dealer since July 30th, 2015.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Jul 162015

Fusion

Drivers door latch failed. This is the third latch to fail on the car. We had both passenger side door latches fail last year, filed a report for both. Latch was replaced, new design door latches apprently until the end of the year.

Apr 222015

Fusion 4-cyl

The passenger side door latch has stopped working. The door can close but will not latch. Tried locking and unlocking, but latch still does not work.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Apr 182015

Fusion

Wife and I got into the car and closed the doors and buckled up. As I was backing out of the drive way the passenger door opened up. My wife tried to close the door but it would not close. I had to wait over the weekend to take car to dealer for repair.

- Globe, AZ, USA

Apr 122015

Fusion

I was driving my car out of my apartment parking lot and the rear passenger side door swung open. I stopped right away. I checked the door latch and it was down but when I pushed the door to shut it would not catch and shut.

- Plano, TX, USA

Jan 022015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the metallic tape on the transmission gear selector had peeled off creating very sharp edges and causing a laceration to his right hand. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 32,000.

- Ashland, NH, USA

Aug 072014

Fusion

Within 2 months two door latches failed and had to be replaced. I worry about the other 2 now. I don't know if they would fail while driving. Both happened when I opened the door and then could not shut it.

- Glendale, AZ, USA

Oct 162014

Fusion 4-cyl

The front passenger door of my 2013 Ford Fusion will not close. I took the vehicle to my local Ford dealer and the diagnosis was failure of the door latch assembly. The part is on backorder and I was told they have no idea when the part will be shipped. While at the dealer, there was another 2013 Ford Fusion with the same problem on the same door as mine. I have owned this car for almost two years and there is no way a door latch should fail this early. The total cost for the repair will be $431.

- Marion, MS, USA

Oct 132014

Fusion 4-cyl

While driving with children in the back seat of the vehicle the rear passenger door became unsecured. The door latch failed and would not re-secure. This was the second incident on the same car in less than 2 weeks. The first time the front passenger door would not secure. That first time Ford repaired the door. While picking the vehicle up after the repair another Ford Fusion owner was dropping off his vehicle with the same issue. The same dealership had another Fusion in a couple days earlier with the same problem. This is a safety concern. My family was in the car when the door failed.

- Buckeye, AZ, USA

Sep 212014

Fusion 4-cyl

**this is the second time this happened** the latch on the front passenger door failed. My husband shut the door at the grocery store and the door bounced back, it would not latch. This is not safe! we were not driving at the time of incident but if we were there could have been an awful result. Our extended warranty covered the replacement latch but we will probably have to wait another 3 days for them to order the part and fix it. There was no rental car assistance provided and this was our only vehicle. **note** there was another latch issue a month prior on the rear passenger door which I already made a separate report for**

- Cedar Park, TX, USA

Aug 312014

Fusion 4-cyl

The latch on the rear passenger door failed. I opened the door and then shut it and the door just bounced back. At the time my family and I were in midland, tx and had to drive all the way back to austin, tx (6 hours) with the rear door tied down. This was very unsafe as we have a 1 year old son that rides in the back seat. We were not driving at the time of incident but if we were there could have been an awful result. Our extended warranty covered the replacement latch but we had to wait 3 days for them to order the part and fix it. There was no rental car assistance provided and this was our only vehicle. **note** there was another latch issue a month later on the front passenger door which I will make a separate report for**

- Cedar Park, TX, USA

Aug 182014

Fusion 4-cyl

Front passenger door latch failed. Door would not lock. Drove car to dealership. Currently still there, door latch was ordered, waiting on repair to be completed. This is our second door latch failure in less than two months. First failure was the rear passenger door latch. Complaint was filed for that as well.

Jul 172014

Fusion 4-cyl

Rear seat was folded down, rear center seat belt locked itself in the retracted position. Rear seat, driver side, would not go back up do to center belt being locked. Took car to dealership, rear center seat belt was replaced.

Jun 102014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Fusion. The contact stated the shield deflector was lose from the bottom of the vehicle. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician stated that the chimp monks were eating the shield deflector and as a result, it needed to be replaced. The failure and current mileage was 9,647.

- 14 Sterling Court, NJ, USA

Jul 152013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the metallic trim in the interior caused an extreme glare, making it difficult to see the road even when wearing sunglasses. The contact also mentioned that he sustained injuries to the eyes after being subjected to the bright reflection. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 14,578.

- Aurora, CO, USA

Jun 202013

Fusion 4-cyl

We really like our 2013 Ford Fusion - except for one major snafu - visibility when making a turn. The attached photo, made from the position of the driver's eyes, shows the problem. One must move their head forward and backward to view beyond the large blocked-out area behind the pillar to make sure there are no people or obstructions to the driver's intended path. In the attached photo over 50% of the crosswalk is not visible. There is also a problem when pulling up to a intersection to make a left turn, and looking to the right for oncoming traffic. A large portion of the roadway view is blocked. Very annoying and potentially dangerous. Too late now for modification but changes should be made for future models. A big and dangerous penalty to pay the for styling. The photo is at: www.reesphotos.com/temp/130617pib030-800.jpg.

- Blacklick, OH, USA

Feb 152013

Fusion

The front body panels around the headlights are loose and you can hear some kind of a rattle around the back passenger side door when you get over 55 mph.

- Williamsport, IN, USA