7.0

2. reset electrical system (1 reports)
2013 Ford Fusion electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Fusion:

2013 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Jun 202013

Fusion Titanium 2.0L 4 cyl Turbo

It took them 2 months and countless number of parts to finally guess what might be a fix. Field engineer from Ford finally came out 2 times to guess at the problem before solving the starting issue. Well it worked for a week and then the whole electrical system (I think) melted down on the freeway.

AskedFord for a replacement for this piece of junk. Their rep I had the displeasure to deal with put in a request for a repurchase. They wanted me take a deduction for mileage usage, would not cover the relicensing cost of $400 , as well as $1300 in addition dealer add one that can not be transferred to the other car.

Ford thinks this is a fair deal ( for therm). The customer gets screwed on the deal. What can you expect from a second rate company anyway. Defective products, rude customer service from the Ford rep, and thousands of dollars loss for the customer.

- , Helena, MT, USA

May 182013

Fusion SE 4 cyl

Vehicle doesn't start when I turn the key. This has happenned about ten times. I insert the key, start the car, and the key comes back to the neutral position, three to four seconds pass, then the vehicle starts. I asked the service tech and he stated I need to enter the key, let the car "read" the key, and then start the car. Makes sense, but still doesn't seem right. The issue has continued with no fix.

- , Tampa, FL, USA

Jun 022013

Fusion

While in Arkansas visiting her family my wife's car would not start and started to roll forward a bit like it was not in gear. She set the emergency brake and when they read the manual they found out how to reset the electrical system once they did that the car started fine and has been working. she is hesitant of turning the car off to put fuel in it.

- , Perry, GA, USA

Feb 062013

Fusion SE 2.5L 4 cyl

Tried to turn the car on and it wouldn't turn over. All electrical worked, lights, gauges, chimes, etc. Remote start would time out. Tried entering and leaving vehicle, remote lock, keyless entry, every combination of entering and starting ended with the same issue, nothing happening when turning the key.

While waiting for the tow truck, I disconnected the battery, waiting a minute and then reconnected. Then, suddenly everything worked. I haven't had the problem since.

- , Manomet, MA, USA