CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Fusion doesn’t have the same track record of power steering failure as the previous 3 model years. Of course, those owners said their steering failed at 60k–100k miles. So this appears to be a classic "wait and see" scenario.

In the meantime, there’s plenty of interior accessory problems to complain about. By themselves, each is a barely a blip on the radar. But combined, they give you that feeling of what the hell have I gotten myself into?

4.0

2013 Ford Fusion fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Fusion:

2013 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Nov 222012

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the fuel gauge failed and would provide erroneous fuel level readings. The contact stated that when the fuel tank was full, the fuel level gauge would only register fourteen of the sixteen gallons of fuel that was added to the vehicle. When the fuel tank was filled to maximum capacity, the fuel gauge would only register the tank as being half full. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the contact was told that they could not diagnose a failure. The failure mileage was 10 and the current mileage was 1,000.

- Anderson, SC, USA

Apr 112013

Fusion

I have a 2013 titanium and according to the manual it has a 16.5 gal tank. The distance to empty display stated 3 miles to empty so I refueled. I was only able to get in 12.779 gal into the tank when it clicked off. After refueling, the fuel gauge is always below the full line. Several individuals have posted the same problem and have had their fuel tanks replaced of which corrected this issue.

- Monclova, OH, USA

Feb 012013

Fusion 4-cyl

When filling fuel tank, the pump "kicked off" prior to a full tank as displayed by digital fuel gauge (just under full). I drove 25 miles and fuel gauge then showed between full and 3/4 tank. There seems to be an inaccuracy with the calibration of the gauge and/or amount of fuel that can be put into tank, with respect to tank capacity, before pump "kick off".

- New Egypt , NJ, USA

Feb 222013

Fusion

My 2013 Fusion S should have a 16.5 gal tank, but when I got the low fuel level light on today, I can only put 12.5 gal into the tank before the first kick-off. The tank can not by fully filled!

- Columbus, OH, USA

Oct 252012

Fusion 4-cyl

I've been having an issue with my gas tank since I've owned the car since Oct 2012. When I fill up, the car sometimes fills all the way on the gauge, sometimes it doesn't. if it does it drops from full to half a quarter by 10-20 miles. Also, ive never been able to fill up to around 16 gallons. The car is supposed to have a 16.5 gallon fuel tank. I run the car to approx 12 miles left, till the warning light comes on and I can only get roughly 12 gallons in the tank. Either the tank that was installed is wrong or the computer gauge is off. I'm only able to drive about 315 on a "full" tank. That is not right for a car that's supposed to be a 27-37mpg car. Which I only get about 24-26mpg since I've owned the car. I do a mix of highway and city driving, mostly highway averaging 45mph driving. I've told brien Ford in everett of this issue but they wont look at it since it hasn't been recognized by Ford. There's a really big response to this issue on many forums. I follow the most popular for Fusion at www.fordfusionforum.com/topic/8957-2013-Fusion-fuel-tank-filling-issues/. the dealer told me I would have to pay to have them research it when is a horrible thing to do, when I know there's an issue. When I'm only able to get about 12 gallons in the tank. The Fusion hybrid SE has a 13.5 gallon tank, I think the tanks got installed incorrectly, and me along with many others got the hybrid tank instead of the normal 16.5 gallon tank.

- Everett, WA, USA

Feb 122013

Fusion 4-cyl

The Ford Fusion fuel tank in my 2.0 ecoboost engine does not fill all the way. It is documented as a 16.5 gallon tank, however even running to empty I am only able to fill 12-13 gallons. To me, it is unacceptable to have a 3-4 gallon "reserve". I am not sure if it's the tank itself, or if it's faulty hardware causing vapor to be trapped and the system thinking it's full when it is in fact not. This may not be a safety issue, but is an issue if you are thinking you have more gas than you actually do.

- Johnston, RI, USA