CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Fusion doesn’t have the same track record of power steering failure as the previous 3 model years. Of course, those owners said their steering failed at 60k–100k miles. So this appears to be a classic "wait and see" scenario.

In the meantime, there’s plenty of interior accessory problems to complain about. By themselves, each is a barely a blip on the radar. But combined, they give you that feeling of what the hell have I gotten myself into?

6.3

2013 Ford Fusion fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Fusion:

2013 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

May 232014

Fusion 4-cyl

2013 Ford Fusion SE 2.0lt ecoboost engine - bought March 2014 about 33,000 miles. My issues started around the end of May 2014. 1. when coming to an idle my car always acts like it is going to stall. It idles really hard and the rpms always jump real low. There are never any warning lights/messages that appear. 2. extremely poor gas mileage - this is a 4 cylinder and an ecoboost that should be getting a hell of a lot better gas mileage - city and highway! my 2012 Fusion V6 had wayyyy better mpg. I have read in forums about both of these 2 issues and found related problems. Ford wanted $180 just to 'look' at my driveability. Just to plug my car computer into their scanner. There are no recalls on this for my specific car even though I am finding a lot of the same issues as some recalls on other model Fusion. I should not have to pay for this to be fixed, this is fault of Ford. 3. my A/C system stopped blowing cold air at 36,816 miles!!! still no warnings active and Ford wants $120 just to 'look' at it - and charge me more to fix any issues it has. While reading some forums I have noticed several recalls/same issues for this and some say that the A/C pipe is faulty and leaks. But my specific car does not have those recalls so Ford will not fix issue. And again, I should not have to pay for faulty parts! disgusted!!!!! please correct the recalls so I can drive safely.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jun 022014

Fusion 4-cyl

This car has a 16.5 gallon gas tank but it only fills U to $13 gallons. There is a tsb for this car but Ford refuses to admit the problem is the gas tank and help me. I have talked to a lot of people of the forums and they say when the gas tank is replaced it fixes the problem www.fordfusionforum.com/topic/8957-2013-Fusion-fuel-tank-filling-issues/ tsb 13-6-3.

- River Edge, NJ, USA

Mar 132014

Fusion 4-cyl

While driving North on I-25 with cruise control set at 75mph, suddenly the vehicle stop forward acceleration and instantly began decreasing speed. Immediately, I stepped on the accelerator to no available power. The engine refused to communication with the accelerator as the RPM would just increase but no actual power was given to the vehicle. I tried multiple times to get the vehicle to respond but eventually had to pull over because no power was available. Even after somehow avoid 3 lanes of constant traffic, I attempted to start driving again without shutting the vehicle down. During this point all that would still happen was the vehicle would rev the RPM's, but not propulsion was available. I had to shutdown the car completely on the highway shoulder in order to get the car to respond to any time of gas demands. I have heard about the throttle body issue many customers have been experiencing and believe I have the same issue. This is a huge safety concern because losing power while in cruise control at 75mph can lead to catastrophic results. I believe that this needs to be looked into because it causes immediate panic from the driver as they attempt to drive safely out of the traffic. This is the second time this has happened to me in this vehicle. The first time, Ford mechanics blamed the problem on the recalled fuel pump and replaced it. Since clearly that was not the remedy to this problem, I believe that more investigation should be done to understand the full scope of the immediate loss of power that myself and many other have experienced.

- Westminster, CO, USA

Mar 072014

Fusion 4-cyl

While driving at slow speeds (0-10 mph) the vehicle accelerates on its own. Sometimes when pressing the accelerator the vehicle doesn't respond, causing me to have to further press the accelerator, and when the vehicle suddenly responds, it rapidly accelerates.

- Irvine, CA, USA

Jan 202014

Fusion 4-cyl

This problem can happen at any time while driving. You could be going thru an intersection or getting on the high way.the problem is when you step on the gas pedal nothing happens no acceleration. The engine is still running. The car then goes into a limp home mode of sorts, with an top speed of 25 mph then 5 mph then back to 25 mph, it's kind of the feeling you get when there's water in your gas. Going up any hills can be a problem as the engine does not have the power for this task. This creates a serious safety issue that could lead to injury or someone being killed.

- Methuen, MA, USA

Jul 202013

Fusion 4-cyl

I cant fill tank all the way or the fuel gauge reading is bad.

- Houston, TX, USA

Mar 012013

Fusion 4-cyl

Like many other 2013 Fusion owners, I also have an issue when refueling. The best example thus far was purposely running down to three miles to empty before refueling. I was able to pump only 12.861 gallons into the 16.5 gallon tank - this included three top-off clicks of the pump. I had the car at the dealership to check this issue out. The service adviser told me he contacted Ford engineering regarding the concern. Ford replied that they knew there was an issue and were working on a solution at that time. I have read that others were told by dealerships that the tank does fill, but that Ford set the fuel gauge to allow for a reserve after zero miles to empty. If this is true, there is a 22% reserve allowance in my case noted above. I consider this a safety issue as the consumer must know, with reasonable accuracy, the fuel level of their vehicle so they do not run out of fuel on busy or remote roads Ford needs to respond to dealers/customers to explain the issue, and what is going to be done to resolve it.

- Beverly Hills, MI, USA