CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Fusion doesn’t have the same track record of power steering failure as the previous 3 model years. Of course, those owners said their steering failed at 60k–100k miles. So this appears to be a classic "wait and see" scenario.

In the meantime, there’s plenty of interior accessory problems to complain about. By themselves, each is a barely a blip on the radar. But combined, they give you that feeling of what the hell have I gotten myself into?

2013 Ford Fusion seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Fusion:

2013 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

May 122014

Fusion

While driving on Pennsylvania toll road to Massachusetts, the "service advance traction" and "hill start assist not available" warning and "air bag" symbol came on. Next day I went to the dealer maguire's Ford of hershey, 100 N.thistledown dr, palmyra, pa 17078. The dealer reported that rcm module must be replaced, however part is on national back-order and not available ( 300 cases). I had to sign that I was informed that in a case of an accident the air bag system will not work. The dealer informed my home dealer kerry Ford in cincinnati oh and sent a fax with information to order a part. I called my dealer when I returned back to Ohio from my vacation and as of today 05/27/2014 part is still not available, no date of part delivery is known.

- Hamilton, OH, USA

Apr 072014

Fusion 4-cyl

I own a 2013 Ford Fusion, I have had a very serious mechanical malfunction over the past 3 weeks. The vehicle will completely shut down while operating the vehicle causing the steering wheel to lock, brakes not to work, emergency brake not work and finally the air bags do not deploy. I have taken the vehicle back to the dealership where I purchased it from on 2 occasions. The first time was March 28th and after having the car for 7 hours I was told that they didn"T have time to look at it and that I should bring it back next week. I asked them what I was supposed to do if it happened again and I was told ?keep trying to restart the car? and bring it back next week. The week of the 31st thru the 4th I had two more occasions where the car shut down. I took the car in on April 4th and was told that there was nothing wrong with the vehicle. I asked for a rental or a loaner car and was told that they didn?T have any. I didn?T drive the car that weekend because I didn?T feel safe putting my family in it. On April 7th I was driving home from work when the car shut down and as a result I went through a 6 foot tall stone wall that was reinforced by rebar. I was luckily not injured, I hit the wall between 20-25 mph and had no airbag deployment. I have talked to the dealership where I purchased the car and was told that this is something that Ford Motor Company takes care off. I have contacted Ford and spoke with divana in the legal department and was told that this is a product liability with the car. This was on April 8th. On April 11th I was contacted by Ford and told that there is nothing that they can do and that I should call them back if it happens again. I posed the question if I were driving at 75 mph a hit a 18 wheeler what was I supposed to do. I guess they wouldn"T have to worry about a complaint.

- Aledo, TX, USA

Mar 272014

Fusion 4-cyl

Return home airbag light came on solid. Next morning to to dealership to report trouble. Waited two hours to have car look at. I was told needed a #1003 module which was not a stock item. Told to drive car and that none of my airbags will work in a crash. I was upset to drive car, then was told airbags not a first line safety item and seat belt was satisfactory. I am 66 years old, just wondering is this a normal who care none safety matter.

- Baltimore City, MD, USA

Jan 222014

Fusion 4-cyl

On roundabout, vehicle lurched and immediately lost acceleration. Power train light and air bag light illuminated. Vehicle stopped, blocking entire roundabout and stopping traffic. Vehicle pushed by do-gooders to berm. Third occurrence with this vehicle, dealership repair attempts have not corrected.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Nov 132012

Fusion

Passenger airbag light (indicating off) constantly is on when my wife 125 lbs is riding in the seat. There seems to be a problem with the sensors because if the light is off any movement by her will cause the light to go on. Has been back to dealer and they were unable to find any service codes indicating a problem. Our suggestion to them was to forgo the codes and put a person in the seat and take a ride. We will be going back to the dealer very soon and they can keep the car until the problem is identified.

- Tilghman, MD, USA