Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2013 Fusion doesn’t have the same track record of power steering failure as the previous 3 model years. Of course, those owners said their steering failed at 60k–100k miles. So this appears to be a classic "wait and see" scenario.

In the meantime, there’s plenty of interior accessory problems to complain about. By themselves, each is a barely a blip on the radar. But combined, they give you that feeling of what the hell have I gotten myself into?

2013 Ford Fusion wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Fusion:

2013 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

May 032016

Fusion 4-cyl

I took my 2013 Ford Fusion in for the regular service at the dealership where I purchased the vehicle. After service was completed (oil change and tire rotation), I was notified that each wheel has "swollen lug nuts;" all lug nuts were swollen. From what I understand, this means that my lug nuts no longer fit to the same size as conditioned by the original manufacturer. Yesterday, I took my vehicle in to receive a tire patch and alignment. The images provided show the condition of the lug nuts after the tire was patched and vehicle was aligned. This swollen lug nut is a serious issue and deserves your immediate attention. Thank you.

- Leesburg, VA, USA

Mar 292016

Damaged lug nuts: All wheel removals/tire rotations were previously done by authorized Ford dealerships. Report of lose lug nut situation was made by owner during scheduled maintenance but was dismissed by one authorized Ford dealer and subsequently confirmed and repaired during scheduled maintenance by another authorized Ford dealer. Authorized Ford dealer confirmed damage and replaced 3 damaged lug nuts. Suspect either (1) defective material or (2) quality of service. Damaged lug nuts could impact safety during operation (if wheel separates from moving vehicle) or maintenance (if owner has to change tire along busy highway). As of the date of the alleged correction, the vehicle is still under manufacturer's warranty, has been in service less than 36 months, and has less than 36,000 miles on odometer.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Mar 122014

(takata recall) I hereby state that I was in a motor vehicle accident with this vehicle with no fault of my own. At the time of the accident 03/15/2014 this vehicle should have been totaled out but was not done so.the airbags did not deploy with the way and the impact that I was hit by other party. I than took this vehicle numerous of times to hasting Ford in greenville nc where they was suppose to have researched and properly checked and fixed everything detailed. I am yet to this day still having problems with this vehicle shifting gears caused by accident, body is coming apart, camara is not working and I am still suffering from the bodily injuries of my hip being shifted from accident. I am seeking legal attorneys at this time due to I feel that Ford could have taken better care and replaced this vehicle knowingly that this vehicle is not safe to me the custom. At this point I do feel that Ford should be responsible for any suffering and vehicle experience that I am enduring at this time. I would like to say thank you for your moral support. I was traveling down the main highway when another vehicle came from a side road driving 60 mph without breaking speed crashing into my 2013 Ford Fusion.the accident occurred in wake county nc. Around 12:45 P.M.

- Winterville, NC, USA

Nov 142013

Fusion 4-cyl

Vehicle driver was driving on a public road approximately 35 miles per hour when a thud was heard and the right front of the vehicle went down similar to having a flat tire. The driver stopped the vehicle as the steering and braking was adversely affected. After getting out of the vehicle and seeing what happened the driver saw that the right front wheel was out of its normal configuration with the wheel at approximately a 45 degree angle with the top of the wheel pointing inward toward the engine and the bottom of the wheel point outward toward the right. After a tow vehicle was called and picking up the vehicle, it was discovered that the right front aluminum lower control arm broke straight across where the lower ball joint was pressed into the control arm. This caused release of the lower axis connection of the wheel spindle and broke the right front driveshaft, tie rod, and bent the strut. This is a catastrophic failure of the lower control arm with potential to cause serious injury to the driver and any other vehicles or pedestrians. Ford is trying to disclaim and play down this failure saying that is not the fault of their defective lower control arm. I feel all vehicles of this kind have the potential to fail in the same way and should be immediately inspected for signs of cracking on the lower control arm.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA