CarComplaints.com Notes: Has the power steering started to show signs of failure in the 2014? Yeah, a little. Am I confident it will become a bigger problem over time? Yeah, a lot.

3.5

2014 Ford Fusion brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Fusion:

2014 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Jul 132016

Fusion

Vehicle stationary, engine idling when "power steering assist" failure message appears, with subsequent loss of power steering. This has happened twice within 3 day, separate occasions, after driving on interstate for approx. 1 hr, same setting. Ford dealership was informed about it on the first occasion during a scheduled 80,000 mile maintenance, however they stated vehicle was ok, and ready to drive. Mileage at the time of first incident was approx. 80,947. Arrival mileage at Ford dealership was 81,043. On 7/13/16

- Broken Arrow, OK, USA

Feb 292016

Fusion

I keep getting a series of warning indicators; up hill assist is not available, service advance trak, no power steering, no traction control, no ABS, and the no air bag lights come on. This comes on while driving at normal, low speed on regular roads, when turning and also at higher speeds when driving on expressways. This is dangerous especially because my power steering does not work! there needs to be a recall!

- Rochester, NY, USA

Jan 012015

Fusion

Difficult to control at highway speeds; the car seems to wobble/over correct frequently. The car is difficult to keep between the lines when it encounters even minor bumps in the road. I've brought these concerns to Ford and have been met with highly antagonistic responses. Ford neglects to acknowledge the issue and told me they test drove the car and were unable to replicate the issue. I don't feel safe driving my new car on the highway. Please help!

- West Chester, OH, USA

Jan 122015

Fusion 4-cyl

I avoided another vehicle that cut me off on the expressway by honking the horn, slamming on the brakes and quickly changing lanes. As soon as I maneuvered into an empty lane, my vehicles instrument panel went dark, the horn stopped sounding, all gauges went to zero and the car lost all electric power (including steering assist) and the engine stumbled. After a second or two everything on the instrument panel reset. Once everything came back on, the engine was on a reduced power mode and pushing the accelerator to the floor did not make the car accelerate. With the vehicle rapidly loosing speed, I was able to steer the vehicle into the shoulder of the expressway. I shifted the vehicle into neutral and turned the car off by moving the key to "accessory" and then restarted the vehicle. Once restarted, I shifted back into drive and depressed the accelerator. The car accelerated normally and all electronic functions were working. The instrument panel displayed everything normally. There was no "check engine" or other warning lights illuminated and no warning messages were displayed on the instrument panel screen. I drove my car another 6 miles to the dealership with no further issues.

- West Bloomfield, MI, USA