Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Has the power steering started to show signs of failure in the 2014? Yeah, a little. Am I confident it will become a bigger problem over time? Yeah, a lot.

2014 Ford Fusion engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Fusion:

2014 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Feb 012014

Fusion 4-cyl

This 6 speed manual transmission engine intermittently stalls at or very nearly at a complete stop in neutral gear. The engine stalls more frequently when it's raining. The engine stalls were approximately 20-25 times over 4-5 months. The ignition button, intermittently, doesn't start the car the first time and has to be pushed twice before the engine starts. The fuel light gauge intermittently lights up between 1/4 or 1/8 of a tank, otherwise it lights up when the line is basically at the bottom. Intermittently the sunroof doesn't open or close properly. Sometimes it remains open while at the same time, the interior headliner is actually closed. If you aren't paying attention it is impossible to know the sunroof is actually open because the interior headliner remains closed.

- Sunnyvale, CA, USA

Jul 112014

Fusion 4-cyl

I had my 2014 Ford Fusion brought to walmart for an oil change on July 11, 2014. The technicians comment on the service order/receipt stated transmission is leaking. The technician invited to their work area and showed me the leak. I called the dealership I bought my car from to schedule an appointment. I dropped off the car to them on July 28, 2014 around 5:00 pm. On the following day, I received a call from them telling me that the car was fixed. The problem was the ? left front axle seal leaks. Researching on the internet, I found out this is not really an isolated case. For some reason, I now have a feeling that this may not be the last time I will be dealing with this problem since only the seal was replaced.

- Shelby Township, MI, USA