Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Has the power steering started to show signs of failure in the 2014? Yeah, a little. Am I confident it will become a bigger problem over time? Yeah, a lot.

2014 Ford Fusion fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Fusion:

2014 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Feb 012014

Fusion 4-cyl

This 6 speed manual transmission engine intermittently stalls at or very nearly at a complete stop in neutral gear. The engine stalls more frequently when it's raining. The engine stalls were approximately 20-25 times over 4-5 months. The ignition button, intermittently, doesn't start the car the first time and has to be pushed twice before the engine starts. The fuel light gauge intermittently lights up between 1/4 or 1/8 of a tank, otherwise it lights up when the line is basically at the bottom. Intermittently the sunroof doesn't open or close properly. Sometimes it remains open while at the same time, the interior headliner is actually closed. If you aren't paying attention it is impossible to know the sunroof is actually open because the interior headliner remains closed.

- Sunnyvale, CA, USA

Jun 052013

Fusion 4-cyl

1. both the check engine light and airbag light come on (at different times) while the car is being driven. 2. when cranking the engine during starting, the cranking time takes about 4-5 seconds. The extended crank time concerns me with respect to the longevity of the starter and battery wear. 3. the vehicle looses power when driving uphill. What's even more upsetting (considering the very low mileage an the issue happening only 3 weeks into ownership) is the fact I've had the car has been to dealership 4 times and every time I'm told there's nothing wrong with the car. I have pictures taken with my cell phone of the check engine and airbag lights on and I'm still not getting any help or consideration. This is very, very frustrating!!

- Huntington, WV, USA

Oct 102013

Fusion 4-cyl

Bought a new 2014 Ford Fusion in October. When fuel tank is full, there is a loud and distinct noise originating from the back of the car which appears to be coming from the fuel tank. Initial inspection by Ford failed to determine the nature of the problem as they were not able to replicate the noise. Driving the car for several weeks led me to determine that the noise was present only when the fuel tank was at least 5/8S full. I brought the car back to Ford twice, both times with a full tank of gas. Two different service managers tell me the noise is "normal" but there is nothing normal about it. I've escalated my concerns to Ford's corporate offices on at least 3 occasions and they have never once returned my calls or responded to my written inquiries. Noises from the fuel tank are, naturally concerning and disconcerting. My friends just bought the same car and they have not experienced the same noise so I believe that they know a problem exists and corrected it, but only prospectively.

- Levittown, NY, USA