6.6

2015 Ford Fusion accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Fusion:

2015 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

May 172016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2015 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the windshield wiper speed was inadequate. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 13,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 182016

Fusion

Drivers side door glass shattered when opening door.vehicle stationary in driveway have also found crack in windshield.

- Logan, OH, USA

May 312016

Fusion

Someone is going to be killed driving this vehicle in a driving rainstorm. Twice since buying this car, less than 30 days ago, I have been caught in a rainstorm, on the interstate, and the windshield wipers, at their highest speed, will not completely clear the windshield enough for sufficient visibility. I have had to stop and pull over and wait for the rain to quit. You have absolutely zero visibility. Even slowing the vehicle down didn't help. I was basically blinded for at least 4-5 seconds at any given time during the storm, praying the entire time that I didn't hit someone, or someone didn't hit me. To make matters worse, both of my children were in the car. Not what I expected out of a brand new vehicle. I'm very disappointed in Ford, and hope that this situation is rectified before someone is killed.

- Vicksburg, MS, USA

Nov 272014

Fusion

I purchased a 2015 Ford Fusion in November 2014, about 1 week after the purchase; I got caught in a hard rain on a city street. I found that the wipers, at the highest speed, do not clear the windshield fast enough for clear visibility. The speed limit was 45, I slowed down to 25 or less. I brought my vehicle into the dealer, they had their technician look at it and I was told there is nothing wrong with them, they also compared them to another Fusion on the premises and the speed of the wipers were similar.I am hoping for a recall soon, before accidents happen and people get hurt.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Oct 262015

Fusion

There is a defect in the wiper and/or windshield design - it is extremely hard to see when it is raining, even just moderately raining, and even with the wiper speed on high. I can't tell if the wipers are too slow, if the angle of the windshield promotes water retention, or if the problem is with the wiper mechanism design (instead of going the same direction, the wipers start in the middle and go separate directions to the outside edge). Furthermore, every time the wipers make a pass there appears to be a film on the glass that takes a few seconds to clear ┐ it looks splotchy, and isn┐T affected by temp/defrost at all. At night when passing another car or under street lights this makes a terrible glare, and of course the faster your wipers are going, the more "film" there will be because there's no time for it to clear between passes. I bought this car with 16 miles on it and noticed it the very first time I had to drive in the rain (I'm now at 7500 miles). Between the inadequate prevention of water accumulation and the strange film, this car is very dangerous to drive in the rain, especially at night. Beyond this, I have noticed for quite a while that the exhaust/muffler makes a loud vibration noise, and at times the transmission shifts very hard when applying brakes (downshift) or when first accelerating.

- Hull, GA, USA

Jul 212015

Fusion

My 2015 Ford Fusion was parked outside in our company's parking lot in the morning and upon returning to the car in the afternoon (temp was in the 90's) there was a crack across the sunroof from left to right. Although the sunroof did not explode while driving and no one touched the car while it was parked, this should be investigated as a widespread defect in the manufacturing of the glass used in Ford's sunroofs as it poses a safety hazard if something like this happens while driving or if it shatters, showering the driver with glass.

- Chalfont, PA, USA

Oct 142014

Fusion

While driving in a moderate rain the wind shield wipers will not work fast enough to keep the wind shield clean and to have any type of visibility. Could not see the lines on the road and had to pull over. This happens every time it rains or snows. Very big safety concern!

- Akron, OH, USA

Dec 062014

Fusion

I just purchased a 2015 Ford Fusion and like it so far except that about 1 week after the purchase; I got caught in a hard rain. I found that the wipers, at the highest speed, do not clear the windshield fast enough for clear visibility. The speed limit was 45, I slowed down to 25 or less. I brought my vehicle into the dealer, they had their technician look at it and I was told there is nothing wrong with them, they also compared them to another Fusion on the premises and the speed of the wipers were similar. I am hoping for a recall soon, before accidents happen and people get hurt. I personally will not drive in the rain if at all possible; I should not have to fear driving a new car because of rain.

- Raleigh, NC, USA