6.8

2015 Ford Fusion brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Fusion:

2015 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Apr 232016

Fusion

Started car and several warnings popped up on display... something about "hill assist" not available, "steering assist fault service required", and "service advancetrac". steering wheel felt like it was still locked... turns out it was just extremely difficult to turn. I'm 6'3" 200+ lbs. If it's difficult for me to turn, it would be impossible for most people. If this had failed while the car was in motion, someone could have been seriously injured or worse. Ford had this same problem on 2011-2012 Fusion and issued a recall and now it's still happening on 2015 models. This needs to be recalled immediately as Ford never really fixed the problem. Excerpt from 2011-2012 Fusion recall: Ford is issuing a safety recall for approximately 423,000 vehicles (actual 422,814) including certain 2011-2013 Ford Taurus and flex vehicles, Lincoln mks and mkt vehicles, for certain 2011-2012 Ford Fusion and Lincoln mkz vehicles, and for certain 2011 Mercury Milan vehicles in North America for a potential intermittent electrical connection in the steering gear that might result in the loss of electric power steering assist while driving. If this happens, the steering system defaults to manual steering mode, making the vehicle more difficult to steer, especially at lower speeds. This could result in the increased risk of a crash.

- Laveen, AZ, USA

Apr 222016

Fusion

I bought my car in October of 2015 (it was pre-owned) after a couple of months I started noticing that the car unexpectedly turns off with a message saying, "transmission not in park" on the dashboard so I immediately turn off the car and start it back up and everything works fine for a month than this happens again. I call Ford customer care multiple times and they tell me to take the car to the dealership and have them do a diagnosis of the car, they do, and say "we can't find anything wrong", in the following month the car shuts off with the same message popping up on the dashboard. I do the same process and before. I even call customer care again and they tell me the same thing, so I take it back to the dealership and they also tell me the same exact thing. The third time it does it again I call customer care and they still tell me the same thing, but this time I refused to take it to the dealership. Now, I drive for uber and I had a passenger with me at the time that happened. I was unable to stop the car because the breaks seemed to be locked. At this point I was driving now a hill.

- Fairview, NJ, USA

Oct 152015

Fusion

While the car in reverse, if there is a incoming text message from the paired phone, the pictures from the backup camera sometimes could be lost and blacked out. Hence, increase the chance of collision.

- Acton, MA, USA

Jul 142015

Fusion

Upon returning from a long trip and approximately 3 miles from home, the steering wheel of the car began to vibrate heavily and as I turned a corner, the dashboard lit up like a christmas tree and I lost my power steering. The info on the dashboard informed me the vehicle had lost the power steering and traction control and I was to seek service immediately. By driving slowly, I was able to make it home steering manually. The dealer was notified immediately and they arranged to tow the car to the dealership. Two days later I was contacted by the dealership and informed the steering gear had failed and would need to be replaced. Because of the serious nature of this defect and the fact that I had just purchased the car new on 6/15/15, I requested a replacement vehicle but was told Ford would not do that. I contacted Ford Corp. And my case was turned over to the regional mgr. Of this area and he also informed me that the car would not be bought back but would be repaired under warranty. As compensation my new car warranty was extended to 5 years. I shudder to think what might have happened to my wife and myself had this steering failure had happened at the highway speeds we had just been traveling and am now nervous about the overall quality of this vehicle. I feel the public should be made aware of the potential of this dangerous, serious defect in the Ford Fusion.

- Crossville , TN, USA