6.1

2016 Ford Fusion brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford Fusion:

2016 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Sep 192016

Fusion

While traveling on business my 2016 Ford Fusion fleet vehicle suddenly lost power to the accelerator and began vibrating. The gas pedal could be pressed but had no affect as if it had been disconnected and an orange wrench appeared stating see manual. I was traveling approximately 70 miles an hour at the time (cruise control was set and had been at this speed for some time, no recent acceleration had occurred). When it happened I was in the middle of a highway construction zone with no shoulder. I went to tap the brake to see if it was still functioning and when I reached for it with my foot it was already partially depressed and when I tapped it the car felt like the brakes had locked or were for some reason extremely sensitive causing me to rapidly decelerate almost causing an accident since people were traveling behind me. After that happened I decided I had no other option and moved off to the right between the cones and brought the vehicle to a complete stop. When I was at a complete stop the vibrating intensified briefly before I was able to shut the car off. I waited 5 or 10 seconds and turned the car back on and it seemed to work fine. I completed the remaining 60-70 miles of my drive and have made a few 50-100 mile trips since without it occurring again so I thought it was a fluke thing until I got an email from the fleet company stating this is a known issue, I am scheduled to bring the car in for repair now. The incident occurred at approximately 12,000 miles.

- Blacklick, OH, USA

Jul 062016

Fusion

I bought my 2016 Fusion in January so it is 6 months old. I was driving down the road and had complete brake failure with no prior problems on this brand new car ! I had to use the emergency brake to slow down my car and eventually stop. Also there is a problem with the rear-end suspension, every time I hit a bump no matter how small, it "tosses" my car to the right. This is very frustrating as I have a new car that I do not feel safe driving that was expensive to buy, but wanted a safe car to Transport my newborn in.

- Buckeye Lake, OH, USA

Mar 072016

Fusion

2016 Ford Fusion received from dealer on Dec 2015. At 39 miles on the odometer, Fusion would not start, and all alarms came on (low tire pressure, engine overheat, parking brake, parking sensors, etc). Car started after hitting ok and several more cranks. Feb 2015 - at about 2500 miles, the car would not start for the second time, and the third time was at 3000 miles, all with the same exact alarm behavior. The fourth time occurred on March 7, 2016 with 3200 miles on odometer; the car died in the middle of the highway and while going 45mph in rush hour traffic. There was no engine power, no steering power, no power brakes, nothing but alarms. I was fortunate to not be in an accident. The Ford dealership has taken the car in twice with absolutely no repairs and no reported diagnostic codes. Ford has experienced the same intermittent starting issues with the car in their possession, but they refused to conduct long-term diagnosis because they simply were not able to isolate the problem. This is the third time it's going into the dealer and now it's a safety issue because the car loses power while in operation.

- Chicago, IL, USA