7.5

2016 Ford Fusion electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford Fusion:

2016 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Sep 262016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2016 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that almost every two to three days, the battery failed to keep its charge. The failure recurred on seven occasions. The dealer was unable to retrieve a fault code. The battery was recharged on several occasions; however, the failure recurred after two to three days. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 7. the VIN was not available.

- Woodworth, LA, USA

Oct 032016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2016 Ford Fusion. When the contact activated the driver side window, his arm became caught up and difficult to remove from the window. The contact stated that the feature was a safety hazard for children. When the window control was activated and released, the window continued to rise. The manufacturer was not notified. The VIN was unknown. The approximate failure mileage was 2,500.

- Palm Dessert, CA, USA

May 262016

Fusion

Lost all power to the vehicle while going 45 to 50 mph. Terrible situation to be in and would not want this to happen to others. Ford knows this is an issue and needs to deal with it better

- Coral Springs, FL, USA

Mar 142016

Fusion

As skimming through other complaints, I see I wasn't the only one with a bad throttle body issue ! my infant was in the car with me and luckily my boyfriend was in front of me! it died 3 times on the highway before we got to the next town to his work - luckily he also had the infant car seat ! I had to have it towed and borrow his 2010 Fusion for 2 days until my car was fixed. Another annoying issue is whenever my ipone has an update I have to take it to the dealership to have sync reinstalled ! I bought the car because of the sync (upgraded from a G6 with no extra options). I travel 30,000+ miles a year and expect a new car to work - if I wanted a terrible car I would have gotten another GM vehicle...

- Oakland, NE, USA

Jun 212016

Fusion

Rented a Ford Fusion with 3000 miles. During highway driving it lost power and stopped. After a minute, we restarted it without problem. Drove it to a nearby Ford dealer who checked the code which indicated the problem was defective electronics that controlled the throttle. Apparently the engine was getting too much air and not enough gas causing it to shut down. Perhaps this was a problem specific to this car, perhaps not. Because of the potential for serious consequences of a car stopping unexpectadly on a highway we thought we should report it. We did notify the rental company (budget in milwauke wi) of the problem. The employee said he had heard of this problem before. It was not clear to us if he meant on cars in general or on this type of car.

- Stuart, FL, USA

Jun 242016

Fusion

While entering the freeway my car loss power and began to quickly decelerate. Thankfully I was able to move to the shoulder before the car that I was pulling in front of had to take action to keep from hitting me. The check engine light and wrench icon appeared after the incident happened. The Ford dealership informed me that the electronic throttle body failed and needed to be replaced.

- Krum, TX, USA

Mar 282016

Fusion

Inserting key into ignition fuel pump would kick on occasionally, the doors wouldn't always unlock upon shutting car off, dash and radio delayed coming on at times upon starting, unlocking doors with key fob there would be static coming from back speakers, keyless entry would unlock but not always relock, a few times the key wouldn't start car there would be no reaction at turning over, dash would light up at times when no key was in ignition and car locked, heater would blow hot air then turn to cold as if A/C was on, one day battery was dead and had to jump it nothing was left on and car was locked.

- Saltsburg, PA, USA

Mar 072016

Fusion

2016 Ford Fusion received from dealer on Dec 2015. At 39 miles on the odometer, Fusion would not start, and all alarms came on (low tire pressure, engine overheat, parking brake, parking sensors, etc). Car started after hitting ok and several more cranks. Feb 2015 - at about 2500 miles, the car would not start for the second time, and the third time was at 3000 miles, all with the same exact alarm behavior. The fourth time occurred on March 7, 2016 with 3200 miles on odometer; the car died in the middle of the highway and while going 45mph in rush hour traffic. There was no engine power, no steering power, no power brakes, nothing but alarms. I was fortunate to not be in an accident. The Ford dealership has taken the car in twice with absolutely no repairs and no reported diagnostic codes. Ford has experienced the same intermittent starting issues with the car in their possession, but they refused to conduct long-term diagnosis because they simply were not able to isolate the problem. This is the third time it's going into the dealer and now it's a safety issue because the car loses power while in operation.

- Chicago, IL, USA