2016 Ford Fusion engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford Fusion:

2016 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Sep 182016

Fusion

I have a 2016 Ford Fusion that I purchased in February of this year. It has lost power four times in the last three days that I have driven it, twice in rush hour traffic heading to and from dallas for work. A wrench will show up on the dashboard, a message saying "see manual" will pop up, and the vehicle fails to accelerate. I cannot pull the vehicle over out of the way of oncoming traffic because it will not accelerate at all. I've taken the car into the dealership twice. The first time was this past Monday. I was told that the vehicle needed a software update and a new throttle body and that the car would be fine afterwards. On my way home yesterday, during rush hour traffic on a busy four lane highway work no shoulder to pull off on because of constriction, my vehicle lost power again. I was able to turn the car off and on and make it to the dealership. They replaced another part and once again told me that the issue was fixed. My issue is not with the dealership, it is with Ford Motor Company. I have contacted them twice regarding my vehicle and I have yet to receive a callback. I purchased this vehicle brand new. The issue is a known issue to Ford, but there has yet to be a recall. Do I have to die in my vehicle on 35E in an accident before someone does something about this? I'm afraid to put my children in this vehicle as it puts my family's and my life in imminent and substantial danger. Please help me with this I issue. I can't continue to drive this vehicle.

- Carrollton, TX, USA

Aug 262016

Fusion 4-cyl

My 18 year old daughter was driving the Fusion attempting to enter a highway ramp (route 22 in springfield NJ) to go dorm shopping for school. Upon entering the highway and accelerating on the ramp the vehicle stalled and became unresponsive to acceleration while pressing down in the pedal. The vehicle behind her began to accelerate; the Fusion then lost all power, the vehicle stuck her in the rear and pushed my daughters Fusion into an active lane with traffic traveling at 55 mph and up. There was minor aesthetic damage to the Fusion. But that is not my concern in the least! the Fusion was stuck on an active high speed highway, my daughter could or should have easily been seriously injured or killed! this is the demarcation of a near miss! the check engine light came on with the ¿wrench icon¿ the vehicle had to be towed to a local dealer. Then there are 100's of articles pertaining to injuries and fatalities due faulty throttle bodies! Ford sales failed to mention that during the sale! I stopped at Ford service this morning to advise them of the details of the incident and the service advisor stated ¿ah yeah gotta be the throttle body¿ ¿happens all the time¿ ¿there was a bad batch¿!

- Springfield, NJ, USA

Aug 272016

Fusion

While driving my car started shaking violently leaving me with no control of my acceleration. I had my children in the car with me and had to get through three lanes of traffic in efforts to pull over. Very scary situation.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Aug 122016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2016 Ford Fusion. While driving approximately 65 mph, the vehicle decelerated and stalled. The wrench warning indicator illuminated and the vehicle shook violently. The contact had to coast the vehicle to the shoulder. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the throttle body assembly failed and needed replacement. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 10,900.

- Washington Crossing, PA, USA

Jul 042016

Fusion

2016 Ford Fusion with approximately 7,000 miles. Driving car on highway at approximately 70-80 mph and suddenly airbag light, wrench light and check engine light simultaneously appear on dashboard. The throttle becomes completely non fuctioning and vehicle loses ability to accealerate and starts shaking. Must pull over to turn car off and restart for to resume normal functioning. Happened minimum 6 times in the course of 200 mile trip.

- Washington Township, MI, USA

Jun 302016

Fusion

While driving my son's 2016 Fusion on the highway at about 60 mph the check engine light came on and the car seem to loose all power. The car wouldn't accelerate even though I had the gas pedal all the way to the floor. I managed to get to shoulder safely and parked. I tried restarting the car several times with the same results ( check engine light remained on, stepping on the accelerator the car doesn't move and the gas gauge dropped from 3/4 to empty. ) I shut the car off and and contacted Ford towing service because the car had only 6000 miles on it. After an hour and a half waiting I checked the status of the tow and was told the company cancelled and didn't tell Ford so it would be another hour for a new tow. I decided to try the car again and to my surprise the check light was off and the car was operating again. I got off the highway at the first exit and headed for the Ford dealership where my son purchased the car. The car lost power again but this time I let it sit for 20 minutes before restarting the car. It worked with one difference the check engine light remained on. I got to the dealer and they pulled two codes. P2111 and P2112 ( throttle body failure ) I got the impression they were not surprised and replaced the throttle body the next day.

- Palm Coast, FL, USA