2016 Ford Fusion miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford Fusion:

2016 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Sep 042016

While driving my 2016 Ford Fusion with approx 10,000 miles on the interstate I lost power, I had to coast the car to the side of the highway narrowly avoiding an accident. I restarted the car and exited the freeway, about 3 or 4 miles later it re-occurred.wrench light and engine light illuminated. Fords health check app reported 'urgent service required'. I had the car towed to the dealer.

- Clayton, NC, USA

Mar 282016

Inserting key into ignition fuel pump would kick on occasionally, the doors wouldn't always unlock upon shutting car off, dash and radio delayed coming on at times upon starting, unlocking doors with key fob there would be static coming from back speakers, keyless entry would unlock but not always relock, a few times the key wouldn't start car there would be no reaction at turning over, dash would light up at times when no key was in ignition and car locked, heater would blow hot air then turn to cold as if A/C was on, one day battery was dead and had to jump it nothing was left on and car was locked.

- Saltsburg, PA, USA

Nov 062015

I purchased a 2016 Ford Fusion SE brand new and after a week of owning the car I was driving down the road and the car jerked very hard, I had to check my rearview mirror thought someone rear ended me but no the car behind was some distance away. It slowed some while I had my foot on the gas but picked up speed shortly after. I ignored that figured it was no big deal. I was driving a few weeks after that occurrence in the city and the car made a reving up noise and I thought who car is that I continued to drive and noticed it was my car making the noise and the speed would not accelerate so I had to quickly hit my flashers so the cars behind me would know my car had stalled. I had to turn the car off and back on to get it to move. I called the dealer and brought it in they could not duplicate the issue or pull codes to find out why the car would not drive that day. This same scenario has happened to me on several occasions and once taken to the dealer they can not assist me. I have not made the first car payment and this car already giving my problems. I researched the car and noticed customers have been dealing with this issue for years now and Ford refuse to recall what seems to be a throttle issue and the car stalls out while driving the vehicle. I have a new car that I am scared to drive since there is no warning lights or signals when this will happen again it has already on 5 different occasions and noone seems to be able to resolve my issue which is very disappointing. I pray no one has to die or get hurt before this issue is addressed.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA