2013 Ford Fusion Energi brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Fusion Energi:

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Owner Comments

Apr 162014

Fusion Energi 4-cyl

Was pulling onto a main road turning left out of a parking lot. Speed was roughly 5 mph. Received an error light, system said loss of advancetrac, then subsequently multiple error lights appeared on the dash (wrench, check engine light, traction control lights). Made it into the median. Vehicle was still "running", so I attempted to accelerate into the main road. There was no response from the vehicle when the accelerator pedal was pressed, so I let up to coast. The vehicle then accelerated gently on it's own. I merged into the lane, and let the vehicle accelerate on it's own up to speed. It got up to 40mph before I hit the brakes to bring the vehicle to a stop. I came to a red light. While I was sitting there, I tried putting the vehicle into park and back into drive. It didn't seem to make any difference. From there, the light turned green, and when I took my foot off the brake the vehicle began to accelerate again on it's own. Again, it accelerated on it's own up to 40mph before I had to suppress the acceleration with the brake. At no point did the accelerator pedal respond to any pressing. I navigated into a parking lot where I subsequently turned off the vehicle and turned it back on. The warning lights had not changed, but the vehicle was drivable. I then went straight to the nearest Ford dealership where they ran the 14-0020 tsb which supposedly fixed the problem.

- Homer Glen, IL, USA

Jan 222014

Fusion Energi 4-cyl

I pulled out of driveway and onto highway when multiple warning lights came on dashboard. Pressed on gas pedal and car would not move. Released gas pedal and vehicle started to accelerate on its own, reaching speeds in excess of 45mph. The car was turned off and back on, and continued showing the symptoms of not moving when gas pedal was pressed, but would still accelerate on its own when no pedals were pressed.

- Middletown, PA, USA