9.7

2015 Ford Fusion Energi electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Fusion Energi:

2015 Ford Fusion Energi Owner Comments

Mar 122015

Fusion Energi 4-cyl

I bought this car on March 1, 2015. On March 12, 2015, I was driving from san jose (after watching sharks game) to santa clara (my home) on I-280, in the left most lane, when I saw loss of power, engine light came on and warning said "alert stop safely", but the time I reached the right most lane, the car lost power and stopped (30 sec). I prayed to god, as this was around 9:00pm at night on highway. I restarted the car, it started again and I was driving on lawarency express way, when the same thing happened, it stopped. I ran diagnostic report and it states there were components failure in engine and electric system. I started again and went home. This morning I got it towed and it is with sunnyvale Ford. Oi am thankful to god, that this didn't result in accident or loss of my life or my loved ones. I will like this to investigated, as I have read about the ignition failure in GM cars that have cost lives. Please act immediately, before this happens to someone else.

- Santa Clara, CA, USA

Dec 032012

Fusion Energi 4-cyl

Vehicle lost all power and did not allow access to vehicle by owner. Eventually, owner was able to gain access. Vehicle towed to dealership, where vehicle diagnosed with a "dead" battery. Seven days later blue charging ring continuously blinked creating issues with other vehicles and individuals and center electronic went blank eliminating back up camera and system controls and remained blank for several minutes and would flicker back on (this occurred more than once.). again taken to dealership, charging port and cable replaced. Next morning vehicle showed a "wrench" warning sign which indicates a "power train" issue and vehicle would not engage in gear. After four attempts, vehicle engaged in gear and vehicle was taken back to dealership. Vehicle has been in dealership service department for over 64 days awaiting electrical components from europe.

- Ashland City, Tennessee, TN, USA