2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid:

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Owner Comments

Jan 202016

Fusion Hybrid

While driving, the driver side seat heater becomes so hot that I thought I was being burned. I detected an unfamiliar odor, but assumed it was another vehicles fumes. Had to turn off the heater. Attempted to use on a few other occasions, thinking that I was being overly sensitive. Upon my last attempt, the indicator lights would illuminate as normal, but would shut off a few seconds later. The heater is no longer working. The passenger side is working normally, but has not been used as frequently as the driver side. Researched and this seemingly is a known issue. Contacted Ford 800-392-3673 and the representative stated that she has heard of this issue, but there is not a recall for this known issue. My case was documented, and the rep stated that I would incur the cost to have the repair done at this time. Hmmmmmmm. I guess it will take numerous serious personal injuries being reported before this issue is formally addressed. I must say that overall, I do love the Fusion !!!

- Ventura, CA, USA