2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid:

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Owner Comments

Aug 052016

Fusion Hybrid

The driver-side interior door latch stop working and I couldn't get out of the car! this malfunction happened in a very mundane manner. As I was doing regular errands, in and out of the car on Friday, August 5, 2016, on my third errand stop, the door latch broke. I really didn't notice a "snap" or any kind of "breaking sound." I don't know if the break occurred while I was driving or not. I was stopped/parked in shopping center parking lot when I noticed this problem. At first I panicked and was quite afraid. I called my boyfriend and he calmed me down and instructed me on how to simply roll down (electric) window and reach out and then open door from exterior. Then, he told me to roll window up by leaving ignition on and. This worked. So I been using my car like this until I could get it fixed. I did some research and learned of the thousands of door latch recalls on other Ford Fusion models. When I called Ford they said my model year, 2010, is not included in the recall. I will only have to pay $100 deductible because repair is covered under extended warranty. I don't think I should have to pay anything since Ford knows they are having various door latch msl functions. This is my complaint. I close by saying that I have really loved my Ford Fusion hybrid and considering getting newer or new model. However, I believe, given the thousands of problems with door latches, given the safety issues, Ford should replace them all. There is no attachment as a photo wouldn't demonstrate the malfunction.

- Doral, FL, USA

Jul 102016

Fusion Hybrid

My sunroof exploded outwards while I was driving on the highway. I had just left the beach, so the exterior was very hot and the interior was very cold with A/C running. I thought something had fallen out of the sky until I saw the glass was bowed outwards.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Sep 252015

Fusion Hybrid

The driver side door would not open when pulling the latch from inside the vehicle, the door would not open. The failure was recurring. The vehicle was taken to a Ford repair shop for replacement, driver only able to exit vehicle by opening window and using outside door handle. Vehicle stationery. Problem mentioned on internet by other drivers since 2006

- Ladera Ranch, CA, USA

Sep 082015

Fusion Hybrid

While exiting the vehicle, the left-front interior door handle broke on it's lower-left corner. Because of the breakage, the door will only lock with the interior door lock. Pressing the lock button on the key fob locks all doors except the left-front.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Feb 112014

Fusion Hybrid

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion hybrid. The contact stated that the driver's side front interior door handle became detached. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure could not be diagnosed. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was not available.

- Portland, CT, USA

May 092013

Fusion Hybrid 4-cyl

On May 9, 2013 at approximately 8 am, shortly after entering a two lane state highway driving my 2010 Ford Fusion hybrid, I removed my foot from the accelerator and brake my car to stop at a traffic light 6 feet behind a stopped 2007 Mercury mariner. While stopped for a few seconds, I removed my foot from the brake pedal and the car suddenly accelerated traveling approximately 6 feet, colliding into the rear bumper of the mariner. My Fusion bumper slid under the mariner bumper crashing the grill and causing substantial damage (approximately $5000) to the front end and hood of my Fusion. I am uncertain as to why the car accelerated. I had not had a similar experience during more than 50,000 miles of driving. It may be that the combination of the gas engine idle and/or the start of the electric motor may have caused the car to accelerate to a speed which was sufficient to cause the bumper to slide under the mariner's bumper. I have questions relative other similar events for Fusion hybrids and as to why the bumper did not function as required by regulations to protect the car from damage when traveling at speeds of up to 5 mph. I have made inquiry of Ford relative to the safety issues, however they were not responsive in a phone interview, which was quickly terminated informing me that the legal department would contact me. I received a letter from Ford's legal department declining to compensate me, even though the compensation issue was never mentioned in my inquiry, and warning of the problems of litigation. I do not contemplate litigation. Have there been similar reports filed with your Agency?

- Laplace, LA, USA