2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid:

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 172013

Fusion Hybrid 4-cyl

On 1/1712013 I was driving back to my office in light traffic when suddenly I heard a ding and noticed red words appeared on my dash where the hybrid gauge normally is. It read brake system failure. I had it towed from my mechanic to the dealership mechanic. I was told it was the vacuum hose and had it repaired. On 2/15/2013, it happened again, twice. First time I was going about 30mph and made a hard right turn to a side street where once again pumping the brakes did nothing. I switched to neutral and coasted to a stop. After 10 minutes I decided to drive home and I would call the mechanics in the morning (they were already closed). En route to my house, which was 3 miles from the failure point, they failed again. Same message, same ding, same problem. No brake power of any sort. I flipped on my hazard lights on, switched to neutral, which did slightly slow the car down, and rolled down a bridge. I took the first hard right turn and was able to get slow enough to grab the emergency brake and turn off the car. It has been towed back to the dealership and I will talk to them, again, in the morning when they open.

- Salem, OR, USA