2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid:

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 042013

Fusion Hybrid

I was traveling approximately 55 mph under normal driving conditions when the car lost power and I was able to drift to side of road. Wrench light came on. I waited a few minutes and restarted the car. It idled rough at first but I was able to continue the drive home without incident. I researched this problem on the internet and discovered that Ford Fusion of my year and mileage were experiencing this issue. The first recommended coarse of action was to use a throttle body cleaner. I did this and the car seemed to operate fine under conditions 25 mph. I set off to work on the 6th and the car shut off on me six times before I could make it twenty miles and get back to the house. This is an obvious manufacturers defect and needs to be handled appropriately.

- Midlothian, VA, USA

Aug 242013

Fusion Hybrid 4-cyl

Driving on two lane road at night made left turn and lost throttle control of car. Car would drive 20 mph until I could get off road about one mile. Light came on dashboard to pull of safely. I stopped turned the car to off and restarted, it drove perfectly to dealer about 20 miles. Diagnosed as bad throttle body. This could be a catastrophic problem if happens on inside lane of interstate at highway speeds.

- Forest Park, GA, USA

Aug 122013

Fusion Hybrid

Car performing normally then wrench symbol comes on dash and car accelerator would not respond. Limped car over to Ford dealer on the hybrid battery. Dealer who did not have staff enough too look at it for 2 days. Towed over to dealer near me. Heard today it is a bad throttle body and associated electronics and going to cost $600-$700 to replace. Looking a the internet it sure seems a lot of owners are having the same issue. There is actually a video now on U-tube on how to replace yourself there are so many of these throttle body's failing.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 212013

Fusion Hybrid 4-cyl

Sudden loss of power while driving. Vehicle stalled as I was about to get on the on-ramp to the interstate highway. Was not able to accelerate or maintain speeds faster than 35 mph. Vehicle was taken to repair shop and the problem was diagnosed as a faulty throttle body.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jun 192013

Fusion Hybrid 4-cyl

The car stalls at varied speeds which is a huge safety issue. I owned a 2010 Ford Fusion previously with my company fleet vehicle program, and had the same problem. I brought the car to the dealership and it was fixed without question. At that time I was unaware of this being part of a bigger problem. In the fall of 2011, I purchased a different 2010 Ford Fusion from our fleet as it was being turned in, and this is the vehicle that I am discussing in this forum. It only has 30000 miles on it, but is 6 months out of the 36 month bumper to bumper warranty. The car stalled once, a month ago, and the problem seemed to rectify itself. Then yesterday, 6/19/2013, it stalled 6 times. My 17 year old daughter drives the car and was stuck in the middle of a very busy intersection. For almost one minute, the car would not restart, but finally did, and she was able to get out of the intersection. As I read the forums, it is obvious to me that this is a nationwide problem, looking back, I've had 2 cars with the identical problem. The service men at the dealership know that the problem is specific to the throttlebody, which is defective, and there is over a week backlog on the parts as more and more cars are having the same issue. This is a dangerous problem, to lose power to a vehicle in motion and Ford is aware of this issue, yet they are taking no steps in addressing the issue. It is going to cost me $600 to have the part replaced, as it is outside the 3 year warrant, yet Ford knows that this was a model wide issue with a defective car part. I am disappointed and angry that a glaring problem such as this is not being addressed due to Ford attempting to let the problem hopefully just fade away and not be taken to task over this issue. I pray that the NHTSA will step in, right a wrong, and in the process prevent a tragic accident before it becomes a reality.

- Arlington, TX, USA