2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid:

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Owner Comments

Mar 242015

Fusion Hybrid 4-cyl

Driving down rural residential area road at night. Car illuminated "stop safely now" warning and lost power. Car stalled and would not re-start leaving me stranded. Tow truck was called and picked up car. Dealer reported that car blew 125 amp fuse and several electrical components damaged. This occurred approximately two weeks after car's leaky transmission was repaired. Car still in service department.

- Lumberton, TX, USA

Jul 242014

Fusion Hybrid 4-cyl

Vehicle was on cruise control (65 mph), tapped brakes to slow around a curve, vehicle lost power(curve left ). no indicator lights came on, coasted to stop on shoulder. Turned off ignition. Restarted vehicle, resumed trip.

- Wisconsin Rapids, WI, USA

Jun 132014

Fusion Hybrid 4-cyl

While on an exit ramp, my right knee lightly touched the key fob and rolled the ignition into the acc position. I have contacted my dealer and Ford and they have opened a case. I have a video of me replicating the incident twice in 35 seconds. The video has been sent to my Ford dealer and to Ford as well. The service manager at don wood Ford in athens, Ohio took a test drive with me at the request of Ford corporate hq and I replicated the event 2X for him. Ford states that they have no record of similar incidents and want to replace my ignition. When it does happen, a warning chime and "transmission not in park" appears on the control panel, you have to put the car in neutral, turn the key to run and then place the car back into drive contact me below if you would like to see the video.

- Nelsonville, OH, USA