2006 Ford LCF fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford LCF:

2006 Ford LCF Owner Comments

Nov 072006

LCF 4WD 8-cyl

I have a F150 2006 supercrew. Notice on the date below that I was having problems with my fuel gauge. It was add fuel, when I didn't have that much in there. Filled up on Nov 4th 20.00$ worth of gas and by Nov 7th I had a full tank. Took to Ford dealer they replaced just about everything that is affect with the fuel. Took home still had issues the next day. Took back they revisited everything and even contacted Ford in detroit. They weren't sure what was wrong they think it is the fuel gauge. They would have to order on in but they are not sure when they will have parts to replace the instrument panel. (no time frame). There response to me was fill up and watch gauge and your mileage. That easy to say when they are not paying for gas. Filled up today as soon as I got done my gauge went to below empty, and my idiot light came on. My concern is when the light is on you can't tell how many miles you have traveled, and whether will the trk will shut off by the computer reading that there is no fuel in the tank. To me that is a safety issue. Please let me know. Mr. Reier

- Omaha, NE, USA