1. removed safety a safety feature (1 reports)
1998 Ford Mustang accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Mustang:

1998 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Mar 112002

Mustang Coupe 3.8L V6

I took the car to PepBoys where they told me it was a fault of the safety feature that makes it so that you cant take the car out of park if your foot isn't on the brake. They removed a cord from inside the dash, and i've had no problems since. This also makes it so that you don't have to push the button in to change gears.

I've never had an incident where I forgot myself and failed to ahve my foot on the break or otherwise changed gears by accident.

- , Elkins, WV, USA